* [Buildroot] make saveconfig ?
@ 2009-11-11 10:24 Sagaert Johan
From: Sagaert Johan @ 2009-11-11 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi

Where is the make saveconfig ?

I have made use of the BUILDROOT_LOCAL var to store my config files
(bbox,uclibc,kernel and buildroot)  and my own kernel patches.

After making some changes and when i was happy with the build  i did a make
saveconfig to get my changed config files copied back to my BUILDROOT_LOCAL
directory.

Now i seem to do it all by hand since the make saveconfig  no longer exists.

I used the version of 10 nov .

Johan

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] make saveconfig ?
@ 2009-11-11 13:56 ` Thomas Petazzoni
       [not found]   ` <48ab7e010911112017w3be898b5u76a30d601de81d78@mail.gmail.com>
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2009-11-11 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

Le Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:24:27 +0100,
"Sagaert Johan" <sagaert.johan@skynet.be> a ?crit :

> I have made use of the BUILDROOT_LOCAL var to store my config files
> (bbox,uclibc,kernel and buildroot)  and my own kernel patches.
>
> After making some changes and when i was happy with the build  i did
> a make saveconfig to get my changed config files copied back to my
> BUILDROOT_LOCAL directory.
>
> Now i seem to do it all by hand since the make saveconfig  no longer
> exists.

It doesn't exist anymore, because the same thing could be achieved
using another feature of Buildroot: adding support for a new board.

See http://buildroot.org/buildroot.html#board_support for details. If
you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.

* [Buildroot] make saveconfig ?
       [not found]   ` <48ab7e010911112017w3be898b5u76a30d601de81d78@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-11-12  7:50     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2009-11-12  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Kelvin,

Please do not reply to me directly, but to the list instead.

Le Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:17:29 +0800,
Kelvin Cheung <keguang.zhang@gmail.com> a ?crit :

> I agree with sagaert.
>
> After the board support was added, we need to change and save the
> default configs sometimes. This could be achieved by the command
> below.
>
>     make BUILDROOT_LOCAL=target/device/yourcompany saveconfig
>
> So, I think the 'make saveconfig' is still necessary. Could you
> reserve it ?

When saveconfig is used this way, it makes sense to re-add it, that's
right. It could be something like:

 make BOARD=yourcompany/yourboard saveboardconfig

Which would save: kernel configuration, uclibc configuration, busybox
configuration, u-boot configuration to
target/device/yourcompany/yourboard.

Would this fit your needs ?

Sincerly,