* [Buildroot] ldd disappearing from rootfs
@ 2009-11-16 22:02 Julien Boibessot
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Julien Boibessot @ 2009-11-16 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

While searching why ldd disappeared from the /usr/bin/ of my target
since I updated my Buildroot, I found that the rule installing it was
commented by this commit:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=cb815ae003d40cc971d6e214415c10e9a160ba82
(last chunk of the commit)

Yes, I know, it's quite old now, but the ldd disappearing is on my TODO
list since ages :-)
Do somebody recall why this line was commented out ? (I don't see the
link with the commit title)

I have put Ivan (the author of the commit) in copy.

Regards,
Julien

* [Buildroot] ldd disappearing from rootfs
@ 2009-11-17  1:20 ` Kelvin Cheung
From: Kelvin Cheung @ 2009-11-17  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

The same thing happened to me.

2009/11/17 Julien Boibessot <julien.boibessot@free.fr>

> Hi,
>
> While searching why ldd disappeared from the /usr/bin/ of my target
> since I updated my Buildroot, I found that the rule installing it was
> commented by this commit:
>
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=cb815ae003d40cc971d6e214415c10e9a160ba82
> (last chunk of the commit)
>
> Yes, I know, it's quite old now, but the ldd disappearing is on my TODO
> list since ages :-)
> Do somebody recall why this line was commented out ? (I don't see the
> link with the commit title)
>
> I have put Ivan (the author of the commit) in copy.
>
> Regards,
> Julien

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] ldd disappearing from rootfs
@ 2009-11-17 10:11 ` Ivan Kuten
From: Ivan Kuten @ 2009-11-17 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Julien,

Actually I do not remember the reason why I commented out
#$(TARGET_DIR)/usr/bin/ldd
Or may be it was trying to install into my /usr/bin/ replacing my native
host ldd.

Regards,
Ivan

@ 2009-11-17 16:38 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-11-17 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Julien> Hi,
 Julien> While searching why ldd disappeared from the /usr/bin/ of my target
 Julien> since I updated my Buildroot, I found that the rule installing it was
 Julien> commented by this commit:
 Julien> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=cb815ae003d40cc971d6e214415c10e9a160ba82
 Julien> (last chunk of the commit)

 Julien> Yes, I know, it's quite old now, but the ldd disappearing is on my TODO
 Julien> list since ages :-)
 Julien> Do somebody recall why this line was commented out ? (I don't see the
 Julien> link with the commit title)

It seems like a mistake to me - Fixed in git, thanks!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard