* Does Linux 2.6.32 support NAND flash connect with MPC8247 through localbus with GPCM mode?
@ 2010-02-26  2:08 Peter Pan
From: Peter Pan @ 2010-02-26  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

I'm recently porting Linux 2.6.32 to our custom board with MPC8247. We have a
NAND flash connected using GPCM mode of local bus. But after I search
through the Linux
source, there is no compatible like "fsl,gpcm-nand". And I can not
find any driver
that seems works for our scene.

Does Linux 2.6.32 has the support for such nand device or I need to
construct my own
NAND driver using generic platform NAND driver?

* Re: Does Linux 2.6.32 support NAND flash connect with MPC8247 through localbus with GPCM mode?
@ 2010-02-26 18:35 ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2010-02-26 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Pan; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:08:09AM +0800, Peter Pan wrote:
> I'm recently porting Linux 2.6.32 to our custom board with MPC8247. We have a
> NAND flash connected using GPCM mode of local bus. But after I search
> through the Linux
> source, there is no compatible like "fsl,gpcm-nand". And I can not
> find any driver
> that seems works for our scene.

There isn't one.  I was not under the impression that such a configuration
was even possible (how do you control ALE/CLE, for example?).  There is a
NAND driver that uses UPM, though -- perhaps you could use that?

How specifically is NAND connected to the SoC on your board?  What about it
suggests GPCM?

-Scott

* Re: Does Linux 2.6.32 support NAND flash connect with MPC8247 through localbus with GPCM mode?
@ 2010-02-27  1:12   ` Peter Pan
From: Peter Pan @ 2010-02-27  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Wood; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

2010/2/27 Scott Wood <scottwood@freescale.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:08:09AM +0800, Peter Pan wrote:
> There isn't one. =A0I was not under the impression that such a configurat=
ion
> was even possible (how do you control ALE/CLE, for example?). =A0There is=
> NAND driver that uses UPM, though -- perhaps you could use that?
>
> How specifically is NAND connected to the SoC on your board? =A0What abou=
t it
> suggests GPCM?
>
> -Scott

Our custom board is originally running VxWorks, and there is a full
solution on NAND
flash connected through GPCM. Because of this, our Linux can only try
to adapt to this.

I'm now writing GPCM NAND driver from the UPM NAND driver. Most function ca=
n be
copied from our U-Boot port. Now the NAND flash can be recognized, but ther=
e is
some bug in my driver, the kernel will oops for access 0x00000000, I
will continue
writing the driver next monday.