* Redirecting network traffic (except VPN and DHCP) through VPN
@ 2008-12-24 21:09 Stone
From: Stone @ 2008-12-24 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi,

I have a working VPN connection (tcp port 19000) through the interface
tap0 it's address is 192.168.1.6. I connect to the Internet with wifi
through the interface ra0 whom gets it's address via DHCP. I want to
redirect all my communication to the VPN when I use insecure wireless APs.

I made a copy of my main routing table and changed the default gateway
to my VPN's one with:

    ip route show table main | grep -Ev ^default | while read ROUTE ; do
ip route add table 6 $ROUTE ; done
    ip route add table 6 proto static default via 192.168.1.254

Then marked all my traffic expect VPN and DHCP traffic with:

    iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport ! 67:68 -j MARK --set-mark 6
    iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport ! 19000 -j MARK --set-mark 6
    iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p icmp -j MARK --set-mark 6

Then I've set up NAT to my interfaces to translate the source address with:

    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tap0 -j SNAT --to-source 192.168.1.6
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ra0 -j SNAT --to-source `ifconfig
ra0|grep 'inet addr'|cut -d':' -f2| cut -d' ' -f1`

And fired up my new routing table to my marked packages:

    ip rule add fwmark 6 table 6
    ip route flush cache

I monitored the my tap0 interface. When I try to ping something I can
see the request packets go out and the reply packets come in but my ping
shows 100% packet loss, this is the same when I try to connect to a TCP
server, I can see the SYNs go out and then the SYN-ACKs come in but my
program don't gets them.

Where is the problem, where my packets got lost?

Thans for your help!

Peter Karoly "Stone" Juhasz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-12-24 21:09 UTC | newest]