* hvm hibernate
@ 2009-04-01 18:44 Ky Srinivasan
From: Ky Srinivasan @ 2009-04-01 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

With the support of S4 sleep state (hibernate) for  HVM guests,  we now have a situation where the guest is resuming from hibernate while the hypervisor assumes that it is spinning up a new guest VM. And so, if the hypervisor maintains any guest specific state that needs to persist across a hibernate, there is no way to save and restore this state. I am running into this problem on win2k8 guests where the Hyperv shim has to maintain guest specific state that needs to persist across a hibernate.
Given that we already support save/restore which is functionally equivalent to hibernate, do we need to support S4 sleep state?

Regards,

K. Y