* mdadm clone for continuous integration
@ 2022-03-02  7:26 Coly Li
From: Coly Li @ 2022-03-02  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Hi Jes, and other mdadm and md raid developers,

In order to help Jes to miantain mdadm more convenient, I decide to
spend my time on the code review and integration testing, to (try my
best to) help the Jes' maintenance process to be faster.

The current plan is, all mdadm patches posted on
linux-raid@vger.kenrel.org, will be applied on a mdadm clone, and some
simple testing will be performed on the patches, e.g. compiling and
basic md raid operation. If problem detected, a warning will be sent to
the patch author. And further more, I will start to help to review the
patches. I am not very familiar with mdadm code yet, so at the first one
or two years, review might be slow, but it can be faster and faster
while I get more familiar with the code. And of course I will ask help
to the patch author to learn how/why the patch is formed in its way.

After all the process accomplished, I will apply the reviewed/tested
patches to be branch maybe named for-jes, against the latest upstream
mdadm tree. Then Jes may avoid to spend his valuable time on simple
problems.

The mdadm clone for continuous integration can be found on,

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/colyli/mdadm.git/

You don't need to do anything, I just fetch all patches on mailing list
and handle them and let you know the result. The result is a reference
or Jes' maintenance work.

Let me start it from scratch now, and see how it goes after next 2 or 3
years. Thank you all in advance, for all necessary help in future.

Coly Li

* Re: mdadm clone for continuous integration
@ 2022-03-02 18:47 ` Phil Turmel
From: Phil Turmel @ 2022-03-02 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Coly Li, linux-raid

Hi Coly,

On 3/2/22 02:26, Coly Li wrote:
> Hi Jes, and other mdadm and md raid developers,
>

> In order to help Jes to miantain mdadm more convenient, I decide to
> spend my time on the code review and integration testing, to (try my
> best to) help the Jes' maintenance process to be faster.

[trim/]

> Let me start it from scratch now, and see how it goes after next 2 or 3
> years. Thank you all in advance, for all necessary help in future.

> Coly Li

Thank you for stepping up to do this.  The community appreciates it.

Regards,

Phil Turmel