* Responsed to moderation
@ 2009-05-17  8:39 Torrens (lists)
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Torrens (lists) @ 2009-05-17  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Is is possible to make MLMMJ send an ack to any email referred for
moderation?

Ideally I would like to tell the sender why the email has been held - but
I expect that's not easy.

ATM, if the sender has broken rules, it's not at all simple to send them
an email pointing this out.

The lists I run don't get a lot of spam, so responding to that is not a
problem.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats

* Re: Responsed to moderation
@ 2009-05-17 19:56 ` Morten K. Poulsen
From: Morten K. Poulsen @ 2009-05-17 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi Richard,

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 09:39 +0100, Torrens (lists) wrote:
> Is is possible to make MLMMJ send an ack to any email referred for
> moderation?

No, there is currently no support for notifying a sender about the fact
that his mail is awaiting moderation.

Such a notification is sent if a person tries to subscribe to a list
with subscription moderation, and something similar would be useful for
regular moderation as well. If you could make a patch, I will be happy
to include it in mlmmj.

Morten

--
Morten K. Poulsen <mopo@fabletech.com>
CTO, FableTech

* Re: Responsed to moderation
@ 2009-05-17 21:31 ` Thomas Goirand
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-05-17 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Morten K. Poulsen wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 09:39 +0100, Torrens (lists) wrote:
>> Is is possible to make MLMMJ send an ack to any email referred for
>> moderation?
>
> No, there is currently no support for notifying a sender about the fact
> that his mail is awaiting moderation.
>
> Such a notification is sent if a person tries to subscribe to a list
> with subscription moderation, and something similar would be useful for
> regular moderation as well. If you could make a patch, I will be happy
> to include it in mlmmj.
>
> Morten

If that is to be added, then a tunable should enable/disable it, and it
should be disabled by default.

I know this is quite obvious, but better be safe than sorry. I am
already seeing the danger of backscraters sending to moderated lists
with that option... I would NEVER enable this. This is a way too
dangerous to me.

Thomas

* Re: Responsed to moderation
@ 2009-05-18 15:35 ` Morten K. Poulsen
From: Morten K. Poulsen @ 2009-05-18 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 05:31 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Morten K. Poulsen wrote:
> > Such a notification is sent if a person tries to subscribe to a list
> > with subscription moderation, and something similar would be useful for
> > regular moderation as well. If you could make a patch, I will be happy
> > to include it in mlmmj.
>
> If that is to be added, then a tunable should enable/disable it, and it
> should be disabled by default.

Yes, definitely disabled by default.

> I know this is quite obvious, but better be safe than sorry. I am
> already seeing the danger of backscraters sending to moderated lists
> with that option... I would NEVER enable this. This is a way too
> dangerous to me.

I wouldn't use it either, but I don't mind having the option.

Morten