* hpet missing in qemu-kvm's acpi table
@ 2009-06-05 10:39 Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2009-06-05 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel

Hi,

does qemu-kvm's bios intentionally refrain from reporting hpet support
via acpi or is this a bug? It works nicely with upstream (tcg & kvm mode).

Jan

* Re: hpet missing in qemu-kvm's acpi table
@ 2009-06-05 13:37 ` Beth Kon
From: Beth Kon @ 2009-06-05 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: kvm-devel

Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does qemu-kvm's bios intentionally refrain from reporting hpet support
> via acpi or is this a bug? It works nicely with upstream (tcg & kvm mode).
>
> Jan

Hi Jan. HPET is not in qemu-kvm yet because there are some issues unique
to qemu-kvm regarding disabling of the in-kernel PIT. I have patches
ready to submit and should be able to do so next week (long story), so
hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

* Re: hpet missing in qemu-kvm's acpi table
@ 2009-06-05 14:39   ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2009-06-05 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Beth Kon; +Cc: kvm-devel

Beth Kon wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does qemu-kvm's bios intentionally refrain from reporting hpet support
>> via acpi or is this a bug? It works nicely with upstream (tcg & kvm
>> mode).
>>
>> Jan
>>

> Hi Jan. HPET is not in qemu-kvm yet because there are some issues unique
> to qemu-kvm regarding disabling of the in-kernel PIT. I have patches
> ready to submit and should be able to do so next week (long story), so
> hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Thanks, looking forward.

Jan