* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-06-13 10:32 Jean-Pierre André
       [not found] ` <d3328e7b0906130656w67e2046dqce261e9b83b4ea6b@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jean-Pierre André @ 2009-06-13 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, gustavo

Hi,

> At Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:01:09 -0300,
> Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:

>> > Just tried now. The interrupts started flowing and, tada, jack sense
>> > works!
>> >
>> > Thanks, Takashi, that solves it for me. Is there a way to automate this
>> > in the driver for the other less technically inclined users?
>>

> Well, as I mentioned, it's basically a bug in the lower layer like
> ACPI or BIOS.  So, the best is to fix them.  Using MSI is a kind of
> workaround, and I'm wondering whether this is specific to your device
> or in general with other HP dv4, since I didn't hear of the similar
> bug reports.
>

> Takashi

Weird indeed. Actually I had already reported this
behaviour, see

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/59809

So far I have not been able to get the interrupts at
IRQ22. They still occur at IRQ20. However the problem
is hidden when using boot options irqpoll or noapic.

This is not a hardware or bios problem, as the sound
is correct on Windows.

Initially I was using kernel 2.6.27 and alsa-driver 1.0.19,
currently using kernel 2.6.29 and alsa-driver 1.0.20 with
the same behaviour.

I have tried numerous modprobe options. Currently
I am using :

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options sound slots=snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4 enable_msi=1 bdl_pos_adj=32
probe_mask=0x1ff

As Gustavo seems to have succeeded, can he post
kernel and alsa-driver versions, boot parameters
and modprobe parameters ?

Thanks in advance

Jean-Pierre

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-06-14  8:05 ` Takashi Iwai
       [not found] ` <d3328e7b0906130656w67e2046dqce261e9b83b4ea6b@mail.gmail.com>
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-14  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Pierre André; +Cc: alsa-devel, gustavo

At Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:32:31 +0200,
Jean-Pierre André wrote:

> Hi,

> > Well, as I mentioned, it's basically a bug in the lower layer like
> > ACPI or BIOS.  So, the best is to fix them.  Using MSI is a kind of
> > workaround, and I'm wondering whether this is specific to your device
> > or in general with other HP dv4, since I didn't hear of the similar
> > bug reports.
> >

> > Takashi
> >

> Weird indeed. Actually I had already reported this
> behaviour, see
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/59809

Ah, OK, then it's really machine-specific.

> So far I have not been able to get the interrupts at
> IRQ22. They still occur at IRQ20. However the problem
> is hidden when using boot options irqpoll or noapic.

Did you report it to kernel bugzilla or ACPI guys?

> This is not a hardware or bios problem, as the sound
> is correct on Windows.

It could be still a BIOS issue.  Windows (and Linux as well) have
tons of workarounds for broken BIOS.

> Initially I was using kernel 2.6.27 and alsa-driver 1.0.19,
> currently using kernel 2.6.29 and alsa-driver 1.0.20 with
> the same behaviour.

... since the problem is basically independent from the sound driver.
It's an IRQ assignment problem, thus a deeper level than what the
device driver can manage.

Takashi

       [not found]   ` <4A365A30.8070608@wanadoo.fr>
@ 2009-06-15 14:31     ` Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk)
From: Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) @ 2009-06-15 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: Jean-Pierre André

All the information you need are here ->
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=6b588ea53af5cf2794fb8b4239311722809b3c34

--
Wael Nasreddine

Blog    : http://wael.nasreddine.com
E-mail  : wael.nasreddine@gmail.com
gTalk   : wael.nasreddine@gmail.com
Tel     : +33.6.32.94.70.13
Skype   : eMxyzptlk
Twitter : @eMxyzptlk

Sabayon Linux Chief Development Officer - http://www.sabayonlinux.org

PGP: 1024D/C8DD18A2 06F6 1622 4BC8 4CEB D724  DE12 5565 3945 C8DD 18A2

.: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
   would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-06-15 19:35       ` Jean-Pierre André
From: Jean-Pierre André @ 2009-06-15 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk); +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi,

Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) wrote:
> All the information you need are here ->
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=6b588ea53af5cf2794fb8b4239311722809b3c34

Pretty much so, thank you.

However the boot options are not there (the ones
stated in grub.conf or lilo.conf) and they have
some importance if I want to copy your configuration.
What about them ?

Jean-Pierre

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-06-15 23:08         ` Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk)
From: Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) @ 2009-06-15 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: Jean-Pierre André

boot options maybe irrelevant but maybe not, you should definitely try
irqpoll, I also have irqbalance (  http://www.irqbalance.org/ ) on
boot

Anyway here's my grub entry, don't get scared tho lol ;)

------ CUT
    root (hd0,2)
    kernel (hd0,2)/funtoo/kernel irqpoll keymap=fr dolvm
crypt_root=/dev/sda4 lvm2root=/dev/mapper/root
real_root=/dev/Phoenix/Funtoo_Root
video=uvesafb:ywrap,mtrr:3,scroll:ywrap,1280x800-32
splash=silent,theme:natural_gentoo fbcon=scrollback:128k
console=/dev/tty1 real_resume=swap:/dev/Phoenix/Suspend_Swap quiet
    initrd (hd0,2)/funtoo/initramfs
------ CUT

Hope we can help each other, it's annoying to have a new laptop and be
forced to use EWWW Vista EWWW just to listen to My Music...

P.S: When you reply do a reply-all you always reply to me without
Cc'ing the alsa-devel list!

--

@ 2009-06-17  6:57           ` Jean-Pierre André
From: Jean-Pierre André @ 2009-06-17  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk); +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi Wael,

Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) wrote:
> boot options maybe irrelevant but maybe not, you should definitely try

They are significant : even on kernel 2.6.30 you have
to use irqpoll, which means all IRQs are analyzed by
sofware, and the system behaves like there were a
single IRQ for all interrupt levels !

Regards

Jean-Pierre

@ 2009-06-13  8:09                                     ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-13  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-06-12 18:01                                   ` Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira
From: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira @ 2009-06-12 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Em Qui, 2009-06-11 às 21:27 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > Interrupt 22 stays always with 0. Even when correctly playing
> sounds. I
> > tested this on another machine with HD-Audio, and the equivalent
> > interrupt increased when playing. Also, in this other system
> interrupt 0
> > (timer) is hardly issued, but in this laptop it is firing all the
> time.
> >
> > How can the driver be working without interrupts?
>
> That's weird.
>
> Did you try enable_msi=1 module option, BTW?

Just tried now. The interrupts started flowing and, tada, jack sense
works!

Thanks, Takashi, that solves it for me. Is there a way to automate this
in the driver for the other less technically inclined users?

Abraços,
Gustavo

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-06-11 19:27                                 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-11 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-06-11 17:57                               ` Gustavo Vieira
From: Gustavo Vieira @ 2009-06-11 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-06-06  9:04                             ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-06  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:13:25 -0300,
Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:

> Em Sex, 2009-06-05 às 21:40 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > > However, this time I made an interesting observation. alsa-info does
> > not
> > > generate spurious events. It generates exactly the number of events
> > that
> > > should be generated before the execution of alsa-info. For example:
> > if I
> > > plug and unplug the HP and run alsa-info, two HP_EVENTs are
> > generated.
> > > This explains the three events I observed earlier (plug, unplug,
> > plug,
> > > alsa-info).
> > >
> > > It seems the events are getting "stuck" somewhere and alsa-info
> > > "releases" them.
> >
> > Check /proc/interrupts whether you get an interrupt when you plug /
> > unplug the jack.  I guess you don't get an interrupt there.  If so,
> > then it's a problem of ACPI or BIOS.  If you get a proper interrupt
> > but still no unsol event is passed, something wrong in the sound
> > driver side.
>
> I'm not sure what interrupt I should be monitoring, but the line with
> "HDA Intel" always stays with 0 interrupts. Also, only timer, i915 and
> rescheduling interrupts are generated.

Hm, but when you play or record something, interrupts must be
generated, right?

> Oh, boy. If this is so, what can I do now? If it is a BIOS problem, I
> may try to file a bug report with HP, but as Vista works perfectly they
> probably won't be interested. If it is a ACPI bug, what exactly should I
> report to the Linux ACPI guys?

Basically the same thing.  They'll certainly want the ACPI dump, etc,
in addition.  Just ask them.

> > BTW, I guess the similar effect could be achieved instead of alsa-info
> > but by just changing the mixer volume once.  The unsol verbs were
> > delivered, but they aren't fed until any sync operation is done.
> >

> Changing mixer levels wont release the events.

Hrm...  then the unsol events aren't reached at that timing?
With the latest code, you can set bus->sync_write = 1, as done for
STAC_HP_DV5 model in patch_sigmatel.c.  This will make the codec read
and write always synchronized.

Takashi

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-06-05 20:13                           ` Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira
From: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira @ 2009-06-05 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-06-05 19:40                         ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-05 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:48:41 -0300,

@ 2009-06-05 17:48                       ` Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira
From: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira @ 2009-06-05 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-06-02 17:10                     ` Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira
From: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira @ 2009-06-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-05-19  5:33                       ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-05-19  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Mon, 18 May 2009 17:20:54 -0300,
Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:

> Em Qua, 2009-04-29 às 08:37 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > > It behaves exactly like it did with no model, including all mixer
> > > controls. Still no headphones sense. Still works after alsa-info is
> > run.
> >
> > OK, it means that the unsolicited event isn't processed properly
> > at jack plugging.  But still strange why alsa-info.sh can trigger it.
> >
> > Could you put some debug print to the unsol even handler to see
> > whether you get any even when you plug the jack?
> >

> Can you point me to the correct function? Just tell me how the function
> is called and I can grep it.

It's stac92xx_unsol_event().

> BTW, there is some document describing general ALSA organization for
> clueless newbies?

A clueless newbie should read the general linux driver documentation
at first :)
After that, he can check a document like "writing an alsa driver", or
$LINUX/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt for hd-audio specific
information.

> Also, is printf() enough or there is a specific debug function.

To see the event flow, it should be enough.

Takashi

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-05-18 20:20                     ` Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira
From: Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira @ 2009-05-18 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-04-29  6:37                   ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-04-29  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:11:24 -0300,
Gustavo Vieira wrote:

> Em Seg, 2009-04-20 às 10:57 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > > Now things got really interesting. :)
> > >
> > > When trying to get the output you requested I discovered that running
> > > alsa-info with the headphones plugged made them work and silenced the
> > > speakers. Then, removing the HP do not make the sound come back to the
> > > speakers, but running alsa-info again does. That is, I can force the
> > > jack sense by running alsa-info.
> >
> > Hm, what happens if you pass model=hp-dv5 option?
>
> It behaves exactly like it did with no model, including all mixer
> controls. Still no headphones sense. Still works after alsa-info is run.

OK, it means that the unsolicited event isn't processed properly
at jack plugging.  But still strange why alsa-info.sh can trigger it.

Could you put some debug print to the unsol even handler to see
whether you get any even when you plug the jack?

thanks,

Takashi

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-04-28 19:11                 ` Gustavo Vieira
From: Gustavo Vieira @ 2009-04-28 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Em Seg, 2009-04-20 às 10:57 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > Now things got really interesting. :)
> >
> > When trying to get the output you requested I discovered that running
> > alsa-info with the headphones plugged made them work and silenced the
> > speakers. Then, removing the HP do not make the sound come back to the
> > speakers, but running alsa-info again does. That is, I can force the
> > jack sense by running alsa-info.
>
> Hm, what happens if you pass model=hp-dv5 option?

It behaves exactly like it did with no model, including all mixer
controls. Still no headphones sense. Still works after alsa-info is run.

I'm attaching the alsa-info with the model selected.

Abraços,
Gustavo

[-- Attachment #2: alsa-info-snapshot-hp-dv5.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 22998 bytes --]

upload=true&script=true&cardinfo=
!!################################
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.54
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Tue Apr 28 19:06:54 UTC 2009

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

Fedora release 10.92 (Rawhide) Fedora release 10.92 (Rawhide) Fedora release 10.92 (Rawhide) Fedora release 10.92 (Rawhide)

!!Kernel Information
!!------------------

Kernel release:    2.6.29.1-70.fc11.x86_64
Operating System:  GNU/Linux
Architecture:      x86_64
Processor:         x86_64
SMP Enabled:       Yes

!!ALSA Version
!!------------

Driver version:     1.0.19
Library version:
Utilities version:  1.0.19

!!Loaded ALSA modules
!!-------------------

snd_hda_intel

!!Sound Servers on this system
!!----------------------------

Pulseaudio:
      Installed - Yes (/usr/bin/pulseaudio)
      Running - No

!!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
!!-----------------------------

 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xdc500000 irq 22

!!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
!!--------------------------------------

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

!!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Susbsystem ID's
!!--------------------------------------------------------

00:1b.0 0403: 8086:293e (rev 03)
	Subsystem: 103c:30f7

!!Modprobe options (Sound related)
!!--------------------------------

snd-hda-intel: model=hp-dv5

!!Loaded sound module options
!!--------------------------

!!Module: snd_hda_intel
bdl_pos_adj : 1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
enable : Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
enable_msi : 0
id : <NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>
index : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
model : hp-dv5,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>
position_fix : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
power_save : 0
power_save_controller : Y
probe_mask : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
probe_only : N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N
single_cmd : N

!!HDA-Intel Codec information
!!---------------------------
--startcollapse--

Codec: IDT 92HD71B7X
Address: 0
Function Id: 0x1
Vendor Id: 0x111d76b2
Subsystem Id: 0x103c30f7
Revision Id: 0x100302
No Modem Function Group found
Default PCM:
    rates [0x7e0]: 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Default Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
Default Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x7f, nsteps=0x7f, stepsize=0x02, mute=1
GPIO: io=8, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=1, wake=1
  IO[0]: enable=1, dir=1, wake=0, sticky=0, data=1, unsol=0
  IO[1]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[2]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[3]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[4]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[5]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[6]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[7]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
Power-Map: 0x01
Analog Loopback: 0x00
Node 0x0a [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400181: Stereo
  Pincap 0x0000001c: OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x0221201f: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Front
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Grey
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0xf
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Unsolicited: tag=01, enabled=1
  Connection: 3
     0x10 0x11* 0x17
Node 0x0b [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400081: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00001724: IN Detect
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
  Pin Default 0x02a12020: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Grey
    DefAssociation = 0x2, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80
  Unsolicited: tag=02, enabled=1
Node 0x0c [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400081: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00001724: IN Detect
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
  Pin Default 0x40f100f8: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x8
  Pin-ctls: 0x00: VREF_HIZ
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
Node 0x0d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400181: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00000014: OUT Detect
  Pin Default 0x90170010: [Fixed] Speaker at Int N/A
    Conn = Analog, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 3
     0x10* 0x11 0x17
Node 0x0e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400081: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00001724: IN Detect
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
  Pin Default 0x40f100f1: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x1
  Pin-ctls: 0x00: VREF_HIZ
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
Node 0x0f [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400181: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00000014: OUT Detect
  Pin Default 0x40f100f0: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 3
     0x10 0x11 0x17*
Node 0x10 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0c05: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: N/A
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x5c 0x5c]
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Delay: 13 samples
Node 0x11 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0c05: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: N/A
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x5c 0x5c]
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Delay: 13 samples
Node 0x12 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x1d0541: Stereo
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  SDI-Select: 0
  Power: setting=D3, actual=D3
  Delay: 13 samples
  Connection: 1
     0x1c
  Processing caps: benign=0, ncoeff=0
Node 0x13 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x1d0541: Stereo
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  SDI-Select: 0
  Power: setting=D3, actual=D3
  Delay: 13 samples
  Connection: 1
     0x1d
  Processing caps: benign=0, ncoeff=0
Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400100: Mono
  Pincap 0x00000010: OUT
  Pin Default 0x40f100f2: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x2
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Connection: 1
     0x16
Node 0x15 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300101: Stereo
  Connection: 3
     0x10* 0x11 0x17
Node 0x16 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x200100: Mono
  Connection: 1
     0x15
Node 0x17 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x97 0x97] [0x96 0x96] [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97]
  Connection: 5
     0x10 0x11 0x27 0x1a 0x1b
Node 0x18 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40000d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x00000020: IN
  Pin Default 0x95a6912e: [Fixed] Mic at Int Top
    Conn = Digital, Color = Pink
    DefAssociation = 0x2, Sequence = 0xe
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN
Node 0x19 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40000d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x00000020: IN
  Pin Default 0x40f000f5: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x5
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
Node 0x1a [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x30010d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Connection: 3
     0x0b* 0x0c 0x0e
Node 0x1b [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x30010d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Connection: 3
     0x0b* 0x0c 0x0e
Node 0x1c [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x30090d: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x0f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x0f 0x0f]
  Connection: 4
     0x1a 0x17 0x18* 0x19
Node 0x1d [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x30090d: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x0f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Connection: 4
     0x1b* 0x17 0x18 0x19
Node 0x1e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400301: Stereo Digital
  Pincap 0x00000010: OUT
  Pin Default 0x40f000f3: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x3
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Connection: 1
     0x24
Node 0x1f [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400701: Stereo Digital
  Pincap 0x00010010: OUT EAPD
  EAPD 0x0:
  Pin Default 0x40f000f6: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x6
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Connection: 2
     0x24* 0x25
Node 0x20 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400301: Stereo Digital
  Pincap 0x00000010: OUT
  Pin Default 0x40f000f7: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x7
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Connection: 1
     0x25
Node 0x21 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x40211: Stereo Digital
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Digital:
  Digital category: 0x0
  PCM:
    rates [0x7e0]: 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x5]: PCM AC3
  Delay: 4 samples
Node 0x22 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x40211: Stereo Digital
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Digital:
  Digital category: 0x0
  PCM:
    rates [0x7e0]: 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x5]: PCM AC3
  Delay: 4 samples
Node 0x23 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x24 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300101: Stereo
  Connection: 3
     0x21* 0x1c 0x1d
Node 0x25 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300101: Stereo
  Connection: 3
     0x22* 0x1c 0x1d
Node 0x26 [Beep Generator Widget] wcaps 0x70000c: Mono Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x03, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x17, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00]
Node 0x27 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400000: Mono
  Pincap 0x00000020: IN
  Pin Default 0x40f000f0: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
Node 0x28 [Volume Knob Widget] wcaps 0x600000: Mono
  Volume-Knob: delta=1, steps=127, direct=1, val=127
  Connection: 2
     0x10 0x11
Codec: LSI ID 1040
Address: 1
Function Id: 0x2
Vendor Id: 0x11c11040
Subsystem Id: 0x103c137e
Revision Id: 0x100200
Modem Function Group: 0x1
Codec: Intel G45 DEVCTG
Address: 2
Function Id: 0x1
Vendor Id: 0x80862802
Subsystem Id: 0x80860101
Revision Id: 0x100000
No Modem Function Group found
    rates [0x0]:
    bits [0x0]:
    formats [0x0]:
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: N/A
GPIO: io=0, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=0, wake=0
Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x6211: 8-Channels Digital
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Digital: Enabled
  Digital category: 0x0
  PCM:
    rates [0x7f0]: 32000 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000
    bits [0x1e]: 16 20 24 32
    formats [0x5]: PCM AC3
Node 0x03 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40739d: 8-Channels Digital Amp-Out CP
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x00000094: OUT Detect HDMI
  Pin Default 0x18560010: [Jack] Digital Out at Int HDMI
    Conn = Digital, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Unsolicited: tag=08, enabled=1
  Connection: 1
     0x02
--endcollapse--

!!ALSA Device nodes
!!-----------------

crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  0 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/controlC0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  4 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/hwC0D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  5 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/hwC0D1
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  6 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/hwC0D2
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 24 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 16 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 19 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/pcmC0D3p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Apr 28 16:05 /dev/snd/timer

!!ALSA configuration files
!!------------------------

!!System wide config file (/etc/asound.conf)

#
# Place your global alsa-lib configuration here...
#

@hooks [
	{
		func load
		files [
			"/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf"
		]
		errors false
	}
]

!!Aplay/Arecord output
!!------------

APLAY

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 3: INTEL HDMI [INTEL HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

ARECORD

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

!!Amixer output
!!-------------

!!-------Mixer controls for card 0 [Intel]

Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0xdc500000 irq 22'
  Mixer name	: 'Intel G45 DEVCTG'
  Components	: 'HDA:111d76b2,103c30f7,00100302 HDA:11c11040,103c137e,00100200 HDA:80862802,80860101,00100000'
  Controls      : 29
  Simple ctrls  : 16
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono: Playback 29 [45%] [-26.25dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 255
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 15
  Front Left: Capture 15 [100%] [22.50dB] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 15 [100%] [22.50dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',1
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 15
  Front Left: Capture 0 [0%] [0.00dB] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 0 [0%] [0.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'DAC0',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 31
  Front Left: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'DAC1',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 31
  Front Left: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Digital Input Source',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Analog Inputs' 'Mixer' 'Digital Mic 1'
  Item0: 'Digital Mic 1'
Simple mixer control 'Digital Input Source',1
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Analog Inputs' 'Mixer' 'Digital Mic 1'
  Item0: 'Analog Inputs'
Simple mixer control 'Import0 Mux',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 31
  Front Left: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Import1 Mux',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 31
  Front Left: Capture 22 [71%] [-1.50dB] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 22 [71%] [-1.50dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mux',0
  Capabilities: cvolume
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 3
  Front Left: Capture 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Capture 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Mux',1
  Capabilities: cvolume
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 3
  Front Left: Capture 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Capture 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'PC Beep',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 3
  Mono: Playback 0 [0%] [-18.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]

!!Alsactl output
!!-------------

--startcollapse--
state.Intel {
	control.1 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 15'
		comment.dbmin 0
		comment.dbmax 2250
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		value.0 15
		value.1 15
	}
	control.2 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.3 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 15'
		comment.dbmin 0
		comment.dbmax 2250
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		index 1
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}
	control.4 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		index 1
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
	}
	control.5 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Import0 Mux Capture Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
	}
	control.6 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		comment.dbmin -3450
		comment.dbmax 1200
		iface MIXER
		name 'Import0 Mux Capture Volume'
		value.0 23
		value.1 23
	}
	control.7 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Import1 Mux Capture Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
	}
	control.8 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		comment.dbmin -3450
		comment.dbmax 1200
		iface MIXER
		name 'Import1 Mux Capture Volume'
		value.0 22
		value.1 22
	}
	control.9 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'DAC0 Capture Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
	}
	control.10 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		comment.dbmin -3450
		comment.dbmax 1200
		iface MIXER
		name 'DAC0 Capture Volume'
		value.0 23
		value.1 23
	}
	control.11 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'DAC1 Capture Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
	}
	control.12 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		comment.dbmin -3450
		comment.dbmax 1200
		iface MIXER
		name 'DAC1 Capture Volume'
		value.0 23
		value.1 23
	}
	control.13 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 64'
		comment.dbmin -4800
		comment.dbmax 0
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
		value.0 64
		value.1 64
	}
	control.14 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.15 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'PC Beep Playback Switch'
		value false
	}
	control.16 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 1
		comment.range '0 - 3'
		comment.dbmin -1800
		comment.dbmax 0
		iface MIXER
		name 'PC Beep Playback Volume'
		value 0
	}
	control.17 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 64'
		comment.dbmin -4800
		comment.dbmax 0
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Volume'
		value.0 64
		value.1 64
	}
	control.18 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.19 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 3'
		comment.dbmin 0
		comment.dbmax 3000
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mux Capture Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}
	control.20 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 3'
		comment.dbmin 0
		comment.dbmax 3000
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mux Capture Volume'
		index 1
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}
	control.21 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type ENUMERATED
		comment.count 1
		comment.item.0 'Analog Inputs'
		comment.item.1 Mixer
		comment.item.2 'Digital Mic 1'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Digital Input Source'
		value 'Digital Mic 1'
	}
	control.22 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type ENUMERATED
		comment.count 1
		comment.item.0 'Analog Inputs'
		comment.item.1 Mixer
		comment.item.2 'Digital Mic 1'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Digital Input Source'
		index 1
		value 'Analog Inputs'
	}
	control.23 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 1
		comment.range '0 - 64'
		comment.dbmin -4800
		comment.dbmax 0
		iface MIXER
		name 'Master Playback Volume'
		value 29
	}
	control.24 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'Master Playback Switch'
		value true
	}
	control.25 {
		comment.access read
		comment.type IEC958
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
		value '0fff000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
	}
	control.26 {
		comment.access read
		comment.type IEC958
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Pro Mask'
		value '0f00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
	}
	control.27 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type IEC958
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Default'
		value '0400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
	}
	control.28 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Switch'
		value true
	}
	control.29 {
		comment.access 'read write user'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 255'
		comment.tlv '0000000100000008ffffec1400000014'
		comment.dbmin -5100
		comment.dbmax 0
		iface MIXER
		name 'PCM Playback Volume'
		value.0 255
		value.1 255
	}
}
--endcollapse--

!!All Loaded Modules
!!------------------

Module
fuse
sco
bridge
stp
llc
bnep
l2cap
bluetooth
sunrpc
ip6t_REJECT
nf_conntrack_ipv6
ip6table_filter
ip6_tables
ipv6
cpufreq_ondemand
acpi_cpufreq
freq_table
dm_multipath
uinput
snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi
snd_hda_codec_idt
sdhci_pci
sdhci
mmc_core
snd_hda_intel
iTCO_wdt
iTCO_vendor_support
snd_hda_codec
snd_hwdep
snd_pcm
uvcvideo
videodev
v4l1_compat
v4l2_compat_ioctl32
jmb38x_ms
joydev
memstick
snd_timer
r8169
mii
i2c_i801
hp_accel
snd
lis3lv02d
pcspkr
wmi
soundcore
snd_page_alloc
i915
drm
i2c_algo_bit
i2c_core
video
output

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
       [not found]             ` <1240101395.3333.9.camel@nick-beta.sagui>
@ 2009-04-20  8:57               ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-04-20  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-04-19  0:43             ` Gustavo Vieira
       [not found]             ` <1240101395.3333.9.camel@nick-beta.sagui>
From: Gustavo Vieira @ 2009-04-19  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Em Sáb, 2009-04-18 às 10:57 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > The jack sense is still broken, though. I'm attaching the alsa-info
> with
> > the snapshot loaded.
>
> Could you attach alsa-info.sh output at both HP plugged / unplugged
> states?

Now things got really interesting. :)

When trying to get the output you requested I discovered that running
alsa-info with the headphones plugged made them work and silenced the
speakers. Then, removing the HP do not make the sound come back to the
speakers, but running alsa-info again does. That is, I can force the
jack sense by running alsa-info.

I'm attaching the following files:
      * alsa-info-snapshot.txt: The output when the system is turned on,
        without HP. When I plug the HP and run alsa-info, the HP work
        and the out is the same as this file.
      * alsa-info-snapshot-hp-1.txt: The output when HP work.

Abraços,
Gustavo

[-- Attachment #2: alsa-info-snapshot.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 22915 bytes --]

upload=true&script=true&cardinfo=
!!################################
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.54
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Sun Apr 19 00:21:56 UTC 2009

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

[...]

model : <NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>,<NULL>
[...]

  Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP
[...]
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x57 0x57]
  Converter: stream=5, channel=0
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Delay: 13 samples
Node 0x11 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0c05: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: N/A
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x4e 0x4e]
[...]
  Amp-In vals:  [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97]
[...]

crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  0 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/controlC0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  4 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/hwC0D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  5 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/hwC0D1
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  6 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/hwC0D2
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 24 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 16 Apr 18 21:21 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 19 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/pcmC0D3p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Apr 18 21:12 /dev/snd/timer

!!ALSA configuration files
!!------------------------

!!System wide config file (/etc/asound.conf)

#
# Place your global alsa-lib configuration here...
#

@hooks [
	{
		func load
		files [
			"/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf"
		]
		errors false
	}
]

!!Aplay/Arecord output
!!------------

APLAY

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
[...]

  Mono: Playback 24 [38%] [-30.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 55 [86%] [-6.75dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 55 [86%] [-6.75dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
[...]

		value.0 55
		value.1 55
	}
[...]
		value 24
	}
[...]

rfcomm
sco
bridge
stp
llc
bnep
l2cap
sunrpc
ip6t_REJECT
nf_conntrack_ipv6
ip6table_filter
ip6_tables
ipv6
cpufreq_ondemand
acpi_cpufreq
freq_table
dm_multipath
uinput
snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi
snd_hda_codec_idt
uvcvideo
wmi
videodev
hp_accel
v4l1_compat
btusb
bluetooth
sdhci_pci
v4l2_compat_ioctl32
sdhci
mmc_core
snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_codec
snd_hwdep
snd_pcm
snd_timer
snd
r8169
mii
soundcore
iTCO_wdt
iTCO_vendor_support
snd_page_alloc
i2c_i801
jmb38x_ms
pcspkr
memstick
lis3lv02d
joydev
i915
drm
i2c_algo_bit
i2c_core
video
output

[-- Attachment #3: alsa-info-snapshot-hp-1.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 22911 bytes --]

upload=true&script=true&cardinfo=
!!################################
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.54
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Sun Apr 19 00:23:17 UTC 2009

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

[...]

Power-Map: 0x00

@ 2009-04-18  8:57           ` Takashi Iwai
       [not found]             ` <1240101395.3333.9.camel@nick-beta.sagui>
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-04-18  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-04-17 17:42         ` Gustavo Vieira
From: Gustavo Vieira @ 2009-04-17 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

> Now updated.  Wait for a while and grab the tarball later again.
> The updated tarball must contain HEAD file beginning with:
>     5ef83ec70d75bab2a07e64aae755e55b316e49ea Regenerated pcm_native.patch

With the snapshot the volume problem is solved. A new mixer control
"Speaker" appeared. Thanks.

The jack sense is still broken, though. I'm attaching the alsa-info with
the snapshot loaded.

Abraços,
Gustavo

[-- Attachment #2: alsa-info-snapshot.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 22809 bytes --]

upload=true&script=true&cardinfo=
!!################################
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.54
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Fri Apr 17 17:28:02 UTC 2009

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

[...]

N/A
[...]
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x6c 0x6c]
  Converter: stream=5, channel=0
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Delay: 13 samples
Node 0x11 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0c05: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: N/A
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x58 0x58]
  Converter: stream=5, channel=0
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Delay: 13 samples
Node 0x12 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x1d0541: Stereo
  Converter: stream=1, channel=0
  SDI-Select: 0
[...]

crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  0 Apr 17 14:18 /dev/snd/controlC0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  4 Apr 17 14:18 /dev/snd/hwC0D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  5 Apr 17 14:18 /dev/snd/hwC0D1
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  6 Apr 17 14:18 /dev/snd/hwC0D2
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 24 Apr 17 14:26 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 16 Apr 17 14:23 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 19 Apr 17 14:18 /dev/snd/pcmC0D3p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Apr 17 14:18 /dev/snd/timer

!!ALSA configuration files
!!------------------------

[...]

  Subdevices: 1/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

!!Amixer output
!!-------------

!!-------Mixer controls for card 0 [Intel]

Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0xdc500000 irq 22'
  Mixer name	: 'Intel G45 DEVCTG'
  Components	: 'HDA:111d76b2,103c30f7,00100302 HDA:11c11040,103c137e,00100200 HDA:80862802,80860101,00100000'
  Controls      : 29
  Simple ctrls  : 16
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono: Playback 45 [70%] [-14.25dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 44 [69%] [-15.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 44 [69%] [-15.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
[...]

		value.0 44
		value.1 44
	}
[...]
		value 45
	}

@ 2009-04-17 16:31       ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-04-17 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-04-17 16:22     ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-04-17 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-04-17 16:18   ` Gustavo Vieira
From: Gustavo Vieira @ 2009-04-17 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Em Sex, 2009-04-17 às 16:42 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> At Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:05:11 -0300,
> Gustavo Vieira wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got sound problems in my HP Pavilion dv4-1125br. The sound card is
> > a Intel 82801I with the IDT 92HD71B7X codec. Sound works ok, including
> > the internal mic and external mic jack, but I still have a couple of
> > problems.
>
> Could you try the very latest alsa-driver snapshot below?
>     ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz

The latest snapshot (dee8788ebbff98a7496e14b3274fd0eac18ddd17) fails to
compile in my kernel 2.6.29.1 Fedora 11 beta system. I get the following
error:

patching file pcm_native.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 358 (offset -5 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 1559 (offset -20 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 2818 (offset -10 lines).
Hunk #7 FAILED at 2924.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 2940.
Hunk #9 succeeded at 2906 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #11 succeeded at 3013 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #13 succeeded at 3084 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #15 succeeded at 3169 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #17 succeeded at 3228 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #19 succeeded at 3338 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #21 succeeded at 3433 (offset -45 lines).
Hunk #23 succeeded at 3629 (offset -54 lines).
2 out of 23 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file pcm_native.c.rej
make[2]: ** [pcm_native.c] Erro 1

Abraços,
Gustavo

* Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4
@ 2009-04-17 14:42 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-04-17 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo Vieira; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2009-04-17 14:05 Gustavo Vieira