* BTRFS Duplicated UUID on /home
@ 2011-07-25 12:10 Bryce Myers
From: Bryce Myers @ 2011-07-25 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I have 4 partitions on my hard drive
1 =3D /boot on ext2
2 =3D Swap
3 =3D / on brtfs
4 =3D /home on btrfs

The uuid on partition 3 on my last boot was cloned to partition 4, so w=
hen I try to mount either 3 or 4 they both mount the / partition.

We tried 7182011 git, and the current version in the ARCH 1062010, and =
neither had an option for resetting the UUID that we could find.=A0 Bot=
h partitions were btrfsck'd and returned no errors.

in

* Re: BTRFS Duplicated UUID on /home
@ 2011-07-25 18:35 ` Kok, Auke-jan H
From: Kok, Auke-jan H @ 2011-07-25 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryce Myers; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Bryce Myers <bmyers@ceradyne.com> wrot=
e:
> I have 4 partitions on my hard drive
> 1 =3D /boot on ext2
> 2 =3D Swap
> 3 =3D / on brtfs
> 4 =3D /home on btrfs
>
> The uuid on partition 3 on my last boot was cloned to partition 4, so=
 when I try to mount either 3 or 4 they both mount the / partition.

> We tried 7182011 git, and the current version in the ARCH 1062010, an=
d neither had an option for resetting the UUID that we could find.=A0 B=
oth partitions were btrfsck'd and returned no errors.

Resetting the UUID on btrfs isn't a quick-and-easy thing - you have to
walk the entire tree and change every object. We've got a bad-hack in
meego that uses btrfs-debug-tree and changes the UUID while it runs
the entire tree, but it's ugly as hell.

You shouldn't clone btrfs really, just make a new filesystem.

Auke
in