* Trying to add RTP proxy extension
@ 2009-06-23 11:03 Javier Gálvez Guerrero
From: Javier Gálvez Guerrero @ 2009-06-23 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi all,

I'm trying to add the Netfilter RTP proxy extension provided here:
http://www.2p.cz/en/netfilter_rtp_proxy. As install notes say, it must
be done with p-o-m, but I have a problem when running ./runme: the
iptables source directory is not accepted. I've seen many questions on
the web regarding this issue but I got no solution at all.

However, AFAIK, p-o-m is 'deprecated' and Xtables-addons should be
used instead of it. Anyway, I don't know how to 'port' the
installation from p-o-m to xtables-addons as the files included in the
RTP proxy extension package seem to be organized for p-o-m.

I'm using Debian Lenny 2.6.18 with iptables 1.4.2 and I'm trying to
install Netfilter RTP proxy extension 0.4. Can anybody help me to get
it installed?

BTW, is there any other iptables-based solution to mangle
SIP/NAT/SDP/RTP sessions issues in multimedia streaming applications
such as VoIP?

Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,
Javi

* Re: Trying to add RTP proxy extension
@ 2009-06-23 12:17 ` Самусенко Андрей
From: Самусенко Андрей @ 2009-06-23 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: javier.galvez; +Cc: netfilter

Hi.
For ./runme need Makefile in iptables directory. But anyone pom not working.
Better way to use kernel source.

Why you not use nf_conntrack_sip / nf_nat_sip?
I am not understand why need xt_RTPPROXY.

@ 2009-06-23 12:27   ` Javier Gálvez Guerrero
       [not found]     ` <4A40CE94.8010805@msm.ru>
From: Javier Gálvez Guerrero @ 2009-06-23 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Самусенко
	Андрей
  Cc: netfilter

Hi,

2009/6/23 §³§Ñ§Þ§å§ã§Ö§ß§Ü§à §¡§ß§Õ§â§Ö§Û <samusenko@msm.ru>:
> Hi.
> For ./runme need Makefile in iptables directory. But anyone pom not working.
> Better way to use kernel source.

Could you please elaborate a little more on this? What do you mean?
What do I need to do?

> Why you not use nf_conntrack_sip / nf_nat_sip?
> I am not understand why need xt_RTPPROXY.

I'm not using nf_conntrack_sip / nf_nat_sip because I don't know them
=). I'll take a look at them. Anyway, do you know where can I get some
info/tutorial about these extensions?

Thanks a lot,
Javi

@ 2009-06-23 13:05       ` Javier Gálvez Guerrero
From: Javier Gálvez Guerrero @ 2009-06-23 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Самусенко
	Андрей
  Cc: netfilter

2009/6/23 §³§Ñ§Þ§å§ã§Ö§ß§Ü§à §¡§ß§Õ§â§Ö§Û <samusenko@msm.ru>:
> What you made with font? =)

I think I just quoted you. Seems that you received a smaller version
of my reply xD.

> You need run ./configure or something like to get Makefile. But ./runme not
> true way, i think =)

I could run a configure file if it existed in the patch-o-matic
directory but that's not the case. I can't see the way to have the RTP
proxy extension installed; no installation script or file nor I can
get p-o-m working or guessing how to do it with Xtables.

> http://www.iptel.org/sipalg and netfilter.org of course.

In Netfilter's site I found nothing related to this extension. I had
already visited the first link, but there's only introducing how to
install the modules (as I have kernel 2.6.18 they are built-in
modules, son modprobing them suffices). What I would like to know is
what really does this extension. I mean, does it mangle SDP files
changing m=, o=, c= headers or SIP files with Via, From, To headers?
With the information included on this site I can only guess that,
whatever it does, it just does specifying some basic NAT rules. Maybe
these NAT rules are tracked by the SIP extension so the SDP/SIP
messages are mangled accordingly?

As soon as I knew what these extensions do I will be able to know if
these are enough or I need RTP proxy.

I need to perform a VoIP (SIP/RTP) client handover between two WiFi
networks, so, as soon as I have the new interface attached and
configured to the new network (different from the old one), I issue a
reINVITE SIP message and I would like to know if I can manage this
reINVITE message in order to continue the VoIP session through the new
network. That's it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for your time and effort. It is much appreciated.

@ 2009-06-23 13:55         ` Самусенко Андрей
From: Самусенко Андрей @ 2009-06-23 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: javier.galvez; +Cc: netfilter

./configure place in iptables source directory. He make Makefile. Then
./runme fail on download or other.
I newby in SIP, therefore not whole understand you problem.