* how routing table maintained
@ 2012-07-19 12:41 BALAKUMARAN KANNAN
From: BALAKUMARAN KANNAN @ 2012-07-19 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

I want to know how routing table and routing cache is maintained. I can find some entries in cache even after the route is deleted from the routing table. Is it possible to delete an entry(the particular entry or flush the entire cache) from the cache once it is deleted from the main routing table.

Thank you

--Regards
K.Balakumaran

* Re: how routing table maintained
@ 2012-07-21 17:58 ` Jan Ceuleers
From: Jan Ceuleers @ 2012-07-21 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BALAKUMARAN KANNAN; +Cc: netdev

On 07/19/2012 02:41 PM, BALAKUMARAN KANNAN wrote:
> I want to know how routing table and routing cache is maintained.
> I can find some entries in cache even after the route is deleted
> from the routing table. Is it possible to delete an entry(the
> particular entry or flush the entire cache) from the cache once
> it is deleted from the main routing table.

Kannan,

Please be aware that David Miller is on a quest to obliterate the route cache. He has recently sent patches to do just that.

HTH, Jan