* [Qemu-devel] The TFTP server has the Sourcerer's Apprentice bug
@ 2009-08-02 22:18 H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2009-08-02 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello,

I was investigating a failure to TFTP boot, and I found that the TFTP
server in Qemu has the Sourcerer's Apprentice bug (see RFC 1123, section
4.2.3.1.  Specifically, it is *required* that the sending side:

a) MUST NOT retransmit in response to a duplicated ACK.
b) MUST retransmit based on timeouts.

(a) is trivial to fix, but (b) requires a little more knowledge of the
internals than I'm willing to devote my Sunday afternoon to fixing...

	-hpa

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-08-02 22:21 UTC | newest]