* User Voice page
@ 2009-08-08 14:05 Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2009-08-08 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Can we add a link from the OE website to the user voice page?

http://openembedded.uservoice.com/pages/6963-general

I think this is a really neat way for people to communicate ideas to the
developers and for developers to see what ideas appeal to the most people.

It would be nice to collect more ideas and votes before OEDEM to help
guide the agenda.

Philip

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3303 bytes --]

* Re: User Voice page
@ 2009-08-10 16:00 ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2009-08-10 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Philip Balister<philip@balister.org> wrote:
> Can we add a link from the OE website to the user voice page?
>
> http://openembedded.uservoice.com/pages/6963-general

Added to home page.

Cliff

* Re: User Voice page
@ 2009-08-12 18:51   ` Rolf Leggewie
From: Rolf Leggewie @ 2009-08-12 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Cliff Brake wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Philip Balister<philip@balister.org> wrote:
>> Can we add a link from the OE website to the user voice page?
>>
>> http://openembedded.uservoice.com/pages/6963-general
>
> Added to home page.

Hi,

when the Uservoice service was put forward I asked for reasons why we
need that tool.  The answer was "We're just testing, nobody is
advocating".  The link from the top page now makes it "official" and I
think, if anything, that is too early.

Generally speaking, I'm wary of yet another tool that essentially
duplicates what the bug tracker should be used for (yes, you can even
vote there, if you want).  I don't want the open task list to be split
into yet another tool.

Regards

Rolf