* Decoding pac207
@ 2009-08-08  9:57 Ronny Brendel
From: Ronny Brendel @ 2009-08-08  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello,
I am currently fiddling some around with capturing pictures from a very cheap
webcam.
Unfortunately that webcam uses the rare codec pac207.

Does a decoder (as source) or a description of the codec exist?
Or can you please give a hint where to search?

thanks in regard
Ronny

* Re: Decoding pac207
@ 2009-08-12 14:34 ` Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2009-08-12 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ronny Brendel; +Cc: linux-media

Hi,

On 08/08/2009 11:57 AM, Ronny Brendel wrote:
> Hello,
> I am currently fiddling some around with capturing pictures from a very cheap
> webcam.
> Unfortunately that webcam uses the rare codec pac207.
>
> Does a decoder (as source) or a description of the codec exist?
> Or can you please give a hint where to search?

Well you can use libv4l, and that will do the decoding for you, or you can
lift the decoding code from there:
http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/3636.html
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.6.1-test.tar.gz

Regards,