* Ben_Nanonote keyboard driver bug
@ 2009-09-18  7:43 Xiangfu Liu
From: Xiangfu Liu @ 2009-09-18  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hard- and Software Development, Kernel, Distribution, Roadmap; +Cc: linux-input

Hi

with Dmitry's help, our keyboard is work.

we use the matrix_keypad.c driver. I found a problem.
for example. the keypad is like this: (part of keypad)
GPIO    GPIO    GPIO
|       |       |
a_______w_______u_____GPIO
|	|	|
|_______s_______j_____GPIO
|	|	|
Shift___Alt_____Ctrl__GPIO

first time press [Shift] + [a] it's output [a] not the [A]
second time press [Shift] + [a] it's output [A]. correct.
then all work fine.  but when I release the [Shift]. and press [a]
it's will also output big [A]. but if the midifier and character not
in same column GPIO. it will work fine.

other modifier all like this. same GPIO will cause problem.

I should look into the matrix_keypad.c to fix this, right?

Best Regards
--
Xiangfu Liu
Email: xiangfu at qi-hardware dot com

* Re: Ben_Nanonote keyboard driver bug
@ 2009-09-23  6:37 ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2009-09-23  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xiangfu Liu
  Cc: Hard- and Software Development, Kernel, Distribution, Roadmap,
	linux-input

On Friday 18 September 2009 12:43:22 am Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> Hi
>
> with Dmitry's help, our keyboard is work.
>
> we use the matrix_keypad.c driver. I found a problem.
> for example. the keypad is like this: (part of keypad)
> GPIO    GPIO    GPIO
>
> a_______w_______u_____GPIO
>
> |_______s_______j_____GPIO
>
> Shift___Alt_____Ctrl__GPIO
>
> first time press [Shift] + [a] it's output [a] not the [A]
> second time press [Shift] + [a] it's output [A]. correct.
> then all work fine.  but when I release the [Shift]. and press [a]
> it's will also output big [A]. but if the midifier and character not
> in same column GPIO. it will work fine.
>
> other modifier all like this. same GPIO will cause problem.
>
> I should look into the matrix_keypad.c to fix this, right?

It would be interesting to see what events are being reported by either evbug
module or evtest utility.

--
Dmitry

* Re: Ben_Nanonote keyboard driver bug
@ 2009-09-23  7:13   ` Xiangfu Liu
From: Xiangfu Liu @ 2009-09-23  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov
  Cc: Hard- and Software Development, Kernel, Distribution, Roadmap,
	linux-input

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Friday 18 September 2009 12:43:22 am Xiangfu Liu wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> with Dmitry's help, our keyboard is work.
>>
>> we use the matrix_keypad.c driver. I found a problem.
>> for example. the keypad is like this: (part of keypad)
>> GPIO    GPIO    GPIO
>>
>> a_______w_______u_____GPIO
>>
>> |_______s_______j_____GPIO
>>
>> Shift___Alt_____Ctrl__GPIO
>>
>> first time press [Shift] + [a] it's output [a] not the [A]
>> second time press [Shift] + [a] it's output [A]. correct.
>> then all work fine.  but when I release the [Shift]. and press [a]
>> it's will also output big [A]. but if the midifier and character not
>> in same column GPIO. it will work fine.
>>
>> other modifier all like this. same GPIO will cause problem.
>>
>> I should look into the matrix_keypad.c to fix this, right?
>>

> It would be interesting to see what events are being reported by either evbug
> module or evtest utility.

Hi Dmitry. I will try to look into the evbug or evtest.
will send email when I have progress.