* pci-e config register modification in grub
@ 2009-09-26 11:53 Nando
       [not found] ` <4ABE2B96.9030903@gmail.com>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nando @ 2009-09-26 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi everyone,

Wondering if grub2 can have an additional module added to do various pci-e
Configuration Register fixups/modifications before launching into
XP/Win7/Linux. Specifically I require:

1/ ability to modify PCI Bridge Configuration Registers for DIY ViDock
project <http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=5324240> to allow
the video card to work [ current workaround is boot DOS, use pcitool to do
the mod, then use grub4dos to chainload the OS ]

2/ ability to restore a mini pci-e port's Extended PCI Configuration
registers config to reverse HP bios whitelisting of wifi cards (See bottom
of HP Mini pci-e wifi bios
thread<http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic9388-105.html>.
No current tool can do this that I've found, with the DOS pcitool extending
only to the 00-FF pci-e configuration registers, not the extended registers.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 with grub as the bootloader. Can these features be
added to grub via say the menu.lst file as well as some config file that can
store the dump for (2) above??

Nando

* Re: pci-e config register modification in grub
       [not found] ` <4ABE2B96.9030903@gmail.com>
@ 2009-09-26 16:40   ` Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2009-09-26 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Nando wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Wondering if grub2 can have an additional module added to do various
>> pci-e Configuration Register fixups/modifications before launching
>> into XP/Win7/Linux. Specifically I require:

For Linux I would recommend to contact developpers of corresponding
kernel subsystem - it will help them to improve driver. Further
discussion is in relation to MS stuff.

@ 2009-09-26 16:41 ` Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2009-09-26 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2