* Re: [SPDK] nasm on test machines
@ 2018-08-20 15:08 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2018-08-20 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Thanks Paul.  I’d still like a config-time check to make sure the installed version meets the ipsec library’s needs.

-Jim

On 8/20/18, 6:44 AM, "SPDK on behalf of Luse, Paul E" <spdk-bounces(a)lists.01.org on behalf of paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

    Yup, just confirmed he added it Jun 13, thanks Daniel if you're still out there!

    :)
    Paul

From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-08-28 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Seth,

OK, the updated script to detect nasm versions ran w/the latest crypto patch and as expected those that are below 2.12.02 failed.  The script detected it but was missing an exit statement so it tried to build anyways but failed, I pushed a fix for that. (centos test machine and 2 ubuntus failed with old nasm, the other Ubuntu is missing ipsec)

They also all need to run pkgdep to perform the correct install of the ipsec library, I know the VMs do that already but for example all the fedora test machines. failed the crypto patch because of missing ipsec lib.

Not sure what happened on the Freebsd test machine, the log just kidna stopped but if you can let know when the nasms are updated and pkgdep is run I'll push it through again and see how they do

Thanks!
Paul

From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-08-21 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Thanks! Have the check ready, will submit tomorrow and we can watch it complain about a few of those as a good test :)

-from my iPhone

@ 2018-08-21 15:49 Howell, Seth

@ 2018-08-20 21:19 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-08-20 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]