* rtl8187: kernel oops when leds enabled
@ 2009-10-26 15:17 Richard Farina
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Richard Farina @ 2009-10-26 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Using kernel 2.6.31 and compat-wireless stable 2.6.32_rc5 I get this
kernel oops nearly 100% of the time when I unplug the device.  I have
tried with the device down, up, and while transmitting, here are the
three oopses.  Sorry it took me so long for this report, it is an odd
bug.  When I was running older kernel/compat-wireless this oops was
about 4-5 screens longs so I couldn't take a picture.  Additionally I
took the advice of a few of the list members to try the crashkernel
feature (which is AWESOME  btw) but it doesn't work for this oops.  Let
me be more specific, I can trigger an oops and the crash kernel kicks
in, but with this oops the crash kernel never kicks in so I am guessing
this is bad news.

I'm honestly a little surprised that no one has bothered to reproduce
this in the month since I reported it but maybe it is more unique to my
setup than it seems.

Hope these pictures are readable enough to be useful.

http://picpaste.com/pics/cimg1470.1256404028.jpg
http://picpaste.com/pics/cimg1474.1256404126.jpg
http://picpaste.com/pics/cimg1477.1256404170.jpg

I can fairly well generate this error at will and I'm available to test
reproducing the bug in any possible situation which is suggested and/or
test patches to fix.

Thanks,
Rick