* module ov7670.c
@ 2009-11-11  9:36 Carlos Lavin
From: Carlos Lavin @ 2009-11-11  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

i don't know that it pass with this module, ov7670.c , because i don't see
in the screen of my Pc this modulo when the kernel is load. this module
haven't the module_init  function , and i don't know if it is possible to
run it without this function. the version kernel where i work is 2.6.30,
also i have patched this modulo for works with the library soc_camera.h
can anybody help me? I am rookie in this topics.
thanks.

* Re: module ov7670.c
@ 2009-11-11 10:53 ` Ryan Raasch
       [not found]   ` <fe6fd5f60911110320x45475aa4j38930660e9b2e81b@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-11 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Lavin; +Cc: video4linux-list

Carlos Lavin wrote:
> i don't know that it pass with this module, ov7670.c , because i don't see
> in the screen of my Pc this modulo when the kernel is load. this module
> haven't the module_init  function , and i don't know if it is possible to
> run it without this function. the version kernel where i work is 2.6.30,
> also i have patched this modulo for works with the library soc_camera.h
> can anybody help me? I am rookie in this topics.
> thanks.
> --
What are you asking?

Ryan

* Re: module ov7670.c
       [not found]   ` <fe6fd5f60911110320x45475aa4j38930660e9b2e81b@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-11-11 12:17     ` Ryan Raasch
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-11 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Lavin, v4l2_linux

Carlos Lavin wrote:
> i am asking that if it is possible to start a module without MODULE_INIT
> function in the body of program.

It looks as though all drivers that use v4l2_i2c_driver_data DO NOT use
the module_init function.

According to commit 14386c2b7793652a656021a3345cff3b0f6771f9,
v4l2_subdev is used instead. However, this is different for me also.

Ryan

> 2009/11/11 Ryan Raasch <ryan.raasch@gmail.com
> <mailto:ryan.raasch@gmail.com>>
>

>     Carlos Lavin wrote:
>
>         i don't know that it pass with this module, ov7670.c , because i
>         don't see
>         in the screen of my Pc this modulo when the kernel is load. this
>         module
>         haven't the module_init  function , and i don't know if it is
>         possible to
>         run it without this function. the version kernel where i work is
>         2.6.30,
>         also i have patched this modulo for works with the library
>         soc_camera.h
>         can anybody help me? I am rookie in this topics.
>         thanks.
>         --
>
>     What are you asking?
>
>     Ryan

* Re: module ov7670.c
@ 2009-11-11 20:50       ` Ryan Raasch
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-11 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Lavin, v4l2_linux

Ryan Raasch wrote:

> Carlos Lavin wrote:
>> i am asking that if it is possible to start a module without
>> MODULE_INIT function in the body of program.
>>
> It looks as though all drivers that use v4l2_i2c_driver_data DO NOT use
> the module_init function.
>
> According to commit 14386c2b7793652a656021a3345cff3b0f6771f9,
> v4l2_subdev is used instead. However, this is different for me also.
>

> Ryan

Ok. I was curious myself, so i looked how it works.

The file v4l2-i2c-drv.h has the module_init() code. So when this header
file is included, you get the initialization code for free.