* Camera sensor
@ 2009-11-24 13:45 Ryan Raasch
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-24 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: V4L-Linux

Hello,

I have implemented a driver for the LZ0P374 Sharp CCD camera sensor. I
have been using an old kernel, and now i am updating to the new
soc_camera framework. My question is, is there anyone using this sensor?
We bought the sensor with absolutely no documents, support to be found
(lucky to get driver running).

It was found on the Sandgate 2P Sophia Systems development kit. The
sensor is mainly (only) sold in Asia. But at the time of our product
release (~2006), this was the only CCD camera sensor to be found in
quantities less than millions.

Thanks,
Ryan

* Re: Camera sensor
@ 2009-11-24 21:52 ` Guennadi Liakhovetski
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski @ 2009-11-24 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Ryan Raasch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have implemented a driver for the LZ0P374 Sharp CCD camera sensor. I have
> been using an old kernel, and now i am updating to the new soc_camera
> framework. My question is, is there anyone using this sensor? We bought the
> sensor with absolutely no documents, support to be found (lucky to get driver
> running).

I've recently implemented a driver for a rj54n1cb0c camera, and I've seen
it being referred to as lz0p398m... A simplified version of it is
currently in the linux-next tree, and a more complete version has been
submitted for review to the list. Would be interesting if you could dig
out that driver from the mailing list archives and see how similar it is
to your camera.

You can also see the patch-stack here

http://download.open-technology.de/soc-camera/20091105/

apply it to linux 2.6.32-rc5 and look at the resulting
drivers/media/video/rj54n1cb0c.c file.

> It was found on the Sandgate 2P Sophia Systems development kit. The sensor is
> mainly (only) sold in Asia. But at the time of our product release (~2006),
> this was the only CCD camera sensor to be found in quantities less than
> millions.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
http://www.open-technology.de/

* Re: Camera sensor
@ 2009-11-25 14:38   ` Ryan Raasch
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-25 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Ryan Raasch wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have implemented a driver for the LZ0P374 Sharp CCD camera sensor. I have
>> been using an old kernel, and now i am updating to the new soc_camera
>> framework. My question is, is there anyone using this sensor? We bought the
>> sensor with absolutely no documents, support to be found (lucky to get driver
>> running).
>
> I've recently implemented a driver for a rj54n1cb0c camera, and I've seen
> it being referred to as lz0p398m... A simplified version of it is
> currently in the linux-next tree, and a more complete version has been
> submitted for review to the list. Would be interesting if you could dig
> out that driver from the mailing list archives and see how similar it is
> to your camera.
>
> You can also see the patch-stack here
>
> http://download.open-technology.de/soc-camera/20091105/
>
> apply it to linux 2.6.32-rc5 and look at the resulting
> drivers/media/video/rj54n1cb0c.c file.

Thanks. I am looking at the code now. I have found the CMOS sensors are
a little less confusing b/c of all the driving and clocking signals in
the CCD chip. I will have a look at the code.

Thanks again for your input.

Ryan