* [ath9k-devel] Major traffic interruptions when 802.11n is activated
@ 2010-01-26 12:27 Carl Fürstenberg
From: Carl Fürstenberg @ 2010-01-26 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

We have been unable to resolve our problems with traffic when 11n is
activated.
Generally it's worse on 5GHz, and the symptoms is worse when connecting
an linksys WUSB600N, and least when using an d-lin DWA-140 as client.
Netgear WNDA3100 lies in between here.
Symptom is constant reauth and interruptions, sub megabyte time for
linksys, and between 1MB and 80MB for the netgear transfer until
connection is severed and reset.

I'm attaching a excerpt from syslog and a sample tcpdump on mon.wlan0,
and current hostapd.conf

Card is a WLM200NX (AR9220)

/Carl F?rstenberg - excito
* [ath9k-devel] Major traffic interruptions when 802.11n is activated
@ 2010-01-28 10:33 ` Carl Fürstenberg
From: Carl Fürstenberg @ 2010-01-28 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Carl F?rstenberg wrote:
> We have been unable to resolve our problems with traffic when 11n is
> activated.
> Generally it's worse on 5GHz, and the symptoms is worse when
> connecting an linksys WUSB600N, and least when using an d-lin DWA-140
> as client. Netgear WNDA3100 lies in between here.
> Symptom is constant reauth and interruptions, sub megabyte time for
> linksys, and between 1MB and 80MB for the netgear transfer until
> connection is severed and reset.
>
> I'm attaching a excerpt from syslog and a sample tcpdump on mon.wlan0,
> and current hostapd.conf
>
> Card is a WLM200NX (AR9220)
>

> /Carl F?rstenberg - excito
I when using hostapd 0.7 and setting wmm_ac_*_acm=1 then the Netgear
works flawlessly (a mean speed for 5.5MB/s is enough in this stage). The
linksys still jumps the gun though.

/Carl