* Synaptics touchpad doesn't click (refers thread from December 2009)
@ 2010-02-16 21:46 Matthias Petermann
From: Matthias Petermann @ 2010-02-16 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

around mid December 2009 there was a thread with the same topic as in my
subject on LKML. Initially there were reported click-problems with the
Synaptics Trackpad-Click like it is present with current HP Envy 13 and
15 Notebooks.

Dmitry Torokhov stated some very promising patch sets here in this list
and so far some other persons like Alex Chiang reported success with
them. Especially I refer to [1].

Can anyone give a short update what happens to this patches? Are they
fully merged into 2.6.33-rc8? I tried to match the code of the patch
with it but it looks quite different from my novices eye ;-)

Thanks,
Matthias

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/15/29

* Re: Synaptics touchpad doesn't click (refers thread from December 2009)
@ 2010-02-17 19:49 ` Alex Chiang
From: Alex Chiang @ 2010-02-17 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Petermann, dimitry.torokhov; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-input

Adding cc's.

/ac

@ 2010-02-17 19:56   ` Alex Chiang
From: Alex Chiang @ 2010-02-17 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Petermann, dmitry.torokhov; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-input

Sigh, sorry. I fat-fingered Dmitry's email address.

@ 2010-02-17 20:02     ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2010-02-17 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Chiang; +Cc: Matthias Petermann, linux-kernel, linux-input

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:56:26PM -0700, Alex Chiang wrote:
> Sigh, sorry. I fat-fingered Dmitry's email address.

Arhg, lost track of it in my INBOX, so not merged yet, sorry.

> * Alex Chiang <achiang@hp.com>:
> > Adding cc's.
> >
> > /ac
> >
> > * Matthias Petermann <matthias@d2ux.org>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > around mid December 2009 there was a thread with the same topic as in my
> > > subject on LKML. Initially there were reported click-problems with the
> > > Synaptics Trackpad-Click like it is present with current HP Envy 13 and
> > > 15 Notebooks.
> > >
> > > Dmitry Torokhov stated some very promising patch sets here in this list
> > > and so far some other persons like Alex Chiang reported success with
> > > them. Especially I refer to [1].
> > >
> > > Can anyone give a short update what happens to this patches? Are they
> > > fully merged into 2.6.33-rc8? I tried to match the code of the patch
> > > with it but it looks quite different from my novices eye ;-)
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Matthias
> > >

> > > [1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/15/29
> > > --

Dmitry

* Re: Synaptics touchpad doesn't click (refers thread from December 2009)
@ 2010-02-17 20:03       ` Alex Chiang
From: Alex Chiang @ 2010-02-17 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov; +Cc: Matthias Petermann, linux-kernel, linux-input

* Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:56:26PM -0700, Alex Chiang wrote:
> > Sigh, sorry. I fat-fingered Dmitry's email address.
>
> Arhg, lost track of it in my INBOX, so not merged yet, sorry.

Can you mark it for stable so it gets picked up by the distros?

Also, were you going to take Takashi's patch for the userspace
portion as well?

Thanks,
/ac

* Re: Synaptics touchpad doesn't click (refers thread from December 2009)
@ 2010-02-17 23:25       ` Matthias Petermann
From: Matthias Petermann @ 2010-02-17 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov; +Cc: Alex Chiang, linux-kernel, linux-input

Am 17.02.10 21:02, schrieb Dmitry Torokhov:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:56:26PM -0700, Alex Chiang wrote:
>> Sigh, sorry. I fat-fingered Dmitry's email address.
>>

> Arhg, lost track of it in my INBOX, so not merged yet, sorry.

Dmitry, thank you for that fast response. Do you expect to find some
time to merge the patch into the trunk in the next weeks, and/or is any
help on this welcome? Could you please give me a hint for which kernel
version the patch initially was written?

Thanks & kind regards,
Matthias