* Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2008-12-30 12:26 ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2008-12-30 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, lm-sensors, Dan Williams

The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
temperatures off the chips on the board.

>From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
controller?

I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.

Justin.

* [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for
@ 2008-12-30 12:26 ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2008-12-30 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, lm-sensors, Dan Williams

The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
temperatures off the chips on the board.

From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
controller?

I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.

Justin.

* Re: Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2009-01-07 16:41   ` Dan Williams
From: Dan Williams @ 2009-01-07 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz; +Cc: linux-kernel, lm-sensors

Justin Piszcz wrote:
> The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
> temperatures off the chips on the board.
>
> From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
> seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
> Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
> temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
> controller?
>
> I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
> temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.

Hi Justin,

I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
(http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?

Regards,
Dan

* Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for
@ 2009-01-07 16:41   ` Dan Williams
From: Dan Williams @ 2009-01-07 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz; +Cc: linux-kernel, lm-sensors

@ 2009-01-07 16:42     ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2009-01-07 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Williams; +Cc: linux-kernel, lm-sensors

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Dan Williams wrote:

> Justin Piszcz wrote:
>> The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
>> temperatures off the chips on the board.
>>
>> From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
>> seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
>> Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
>> temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
>> controller?
>>
>> I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
>> temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.
>>

> Hi Justin,
>
> I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
> (http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?
>
> Regards,
> Dan

Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
heard anything about it for a year or so.

Justin.

From: Justin Piszcz @ 2009-01-07 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Williams; +Cc: linux-kernel, lm-sensors

@ 2009-01-07 19:21       ` Maxim Levitsky
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2009-01-07 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz; +Cc: Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 11:42 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Justin Piszcz wrote:
> >> The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
> >> temperatures off the chips on the board.
> >>
> >> From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
> >> seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
> >> Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
> >> temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
> >> controller?
> >>
> >> I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
> >> temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.
> >>

> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
> > (http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dan
> >

> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
> heard anything about it for a year or so.

Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
controller to show us the temperature data.
But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.

Sad,

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2009-01-07 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz; +Cc: Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 11:42 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Justin Piszcz wrote:
> >> The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
> >> temperatures off the chips on the board.
> >>
> >> From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
> >> seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
> >> Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
> >> temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
> >> controller?
> >>
> >> I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
> >> temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.
> >>

> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
> > (http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dan
> >

> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
> heard anything about it for a year or so.

Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
controller to show us the temperature data.
But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.

Sad,

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

* Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2009-02-12  1:35         ` Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2009-02-12  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Levitsky; +Cc: Justin Piszcz, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 11:42 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:

>>> Hi Justin,
>>>
>>> I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
>>> (http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dan
>>>
>> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
>> heard anything about it for a year or so.
>
> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
> controller to show us the temperature data.
> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>
> Sad,

Well I found this interesting thread about :

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/

It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
(  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/ )

> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Gabriel

From: Gabriel C @ 2009-02-12  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Levitsky; +Cc: Justin Piszcz, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 11:42 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:

>>> Hi Justin,
>>>
>>> I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
>>> (http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dan
>>>
>> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
>> heard anything about it for a year or so.
>
> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
> controller to show us the temperature data.
> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>
> Sad,

Well I found this interesting thread about :

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/

It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
(  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/ )

> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Gabriel

* Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2009-02-12  2:36           ` Joshua D Doll
From: Joshua D Doll @ 2009-02-12  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Maxim Levitsky, Justin Piszcz, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

Gabriel C wrote:
> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

>>> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
>>> heard anything about it for a year or so.
>>>
>> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
>> controller to show us the temperature data.
>> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>>
>> Sad,
>>

> Well I found this interesting thread about :
>
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/
>
> It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
> (  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/ )
>

>> Best regards,
>> 	Maxim Levitsky
>>

> Gabriel

This is good news. I know lots of users are waiting for this.

--Joshua Doll

From: Joshua D Doll @ 2009-02-12  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Maxim Levitsky, Justin Piszcz, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

@ 2009-02-12 17:39           ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2009-02-12 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C; +Cc: Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Gabriel C wrote:

> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

>>> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged?  I have not
>>> heard anything about it for a year or so.
>>
>> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
>> controller to show us the temperature data.
>> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>>
>> Sad,
>

> Well I found this interesting thread about :
>
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/
>
> It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
> (  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/ )
>

>> Best regards,
>> 	Maxim Levitsky
>>

> Gabriel

I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK is
released.

Justin.

From: Justin Piszcz @ 2009-02-12 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C; +Cc: Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

@ 2010-01-04 13:51             ` Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

2009/2/12 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Gabriel C wrote:
>
>> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

>>> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
>>> controller to show us the temperature data.
>>> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>>>
>>> Sad,
>>

>> Well I found this interesting thread about :
>>

>> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/
>>
>> It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
>> (
>>  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/
>> )
> I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK is
> released.

Again me .. Well the SDK is *still* not released ..  The Intel folks
said back in August :

"The latest word is that the SDK is being prepared for approval but it
is contingent upon an upcoming platform release."

( whatever that means )

Anyway Andriy Gapon has posted on lm-sensors some nice tool to read
the sensors output ( thx :) )
(http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-October/026830.html)

Today I'm out from hospital so I've decided to quick hack this tool
and make it work on Linux.

Here the output from my DQ45CB mobo:

crazy@thor:~/INTEL/QST/Li$ sudo ./heci-qst
CPU  Temp:      56.00   °C
MB   Temp:      31.14   °C
ICH  Temp:      67.37   °C
MCH  Temp:      66.00   °C
CPU  Fan:       1080    RPM
INL  Fan:       1202    RPM
OUTL Fan:       288     RPM
+12  Volts:     11.965  V
+5   Volts:     5.021   V
+3.3 Volts:     3.316   V
MCH  Vccp:      1.122   V
CPU1 Vccp:      1.125   V

Justin I know is not based on released SDK of Intel but maybe you
still want to do some tests ?:)

( of course you need the heci kernel modules first )

@Andriy there is a smallish bug in your original code .. you should
use ..... , abs(value) ...., abs(value) ...);
that will solve the negative CPU TEMP values you get with your version.

Best Regards,

Gabriel C

[-- Attachment #2: heci-qst-linux.c --]

/*-
 * Copyright (c) 2009 Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
 * Copyright (c) 2009 Gabriel Craciunescu <crazy@frugalware.org>
 * ( Added some Linux support )
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS AS IS'' AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <linux/ioctl.h>
#include <inttypes.h>

/* heci.h in linux is broken ... what a surprise :P */

struct guid
{
        uint32_t   data1;
        uint16_t   data2;
        uint16_t   data3;
        uint8_t   data4[8];

};

struct heci_message_data
{
        uint32_t size;
        char *data;
}__attribute__((packed));

#undef IOCTL_HECI_CONNECT_CLIENT
#define IOCTL_HECI_CONNECT_CLIENT _IOWR(0x48, 0x01, struct heci_message_data)

struct therm_sensor
{
	int8_t valid;
	int32_t value;
} __attribute__((packed));

struct volt_sensor
{
	int8_t valid;
	int32_t value;
} __attribute__((packed));

struct fan_sensor
{
	int8_t valid;
	int16_t value;
} __attribute__((packed));

#define THERM_SENSOR_COUNT	12
struct therm_data
{
	int8_t status;
	struct therm_sensor data[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT];
} __attribute__((packed));

#define VOLT_SENSOR_COUNT	8
struct volt_data
{
	int8_t status;
	struct volt_sensor data[VOLT_SENSOR_COUNT];
} __attribute__((packed));

#define FAN_SENSOR_COUNT	8
struct fan_data
{
	int8_t status;
	struct fan_sensor data[FAN_SENSOR_COUNT];
} __attribute__((packed));

struct qst_cmd
{
	uint8_t cmd;
	uint16_t in_len;
	uint16_t out_len;
} __attribute__((packed));

#define QST_THERMAL_CMD		0x12
static const struct qst_cmd therm_cmd = { QST_THERMAL_CMD, 0, sizeof(struct therm_data) };

#define QST_VOLT_CMD		0x58
static const struct qst_cmd volt_cmd = { QST_VOLT_CMD, 0, sizeof(struct volt_data) };

#define QST_FAN_CMD		0x37
static const struct qst_cmd fan_cmd = { QST_FAN_CMD, 0, sizeof(struct fan_data) };

/* Hmmmm seems the output is different depeinding on chipset / ICH version */
/* On my DQ45CB ( ICH10DO / Q45 ) mobo this is right
  also is the same output Intel Desktop Utils is giving me */

const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
	"CPU  Temp",
	"MB   Temp",
	"ICH  Temp",
	"MCH  Temp",
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
};

const char * const volt_names[VOLT_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
	"+12  Volts",
	"+5   Volts",
	"+3.3 Volts",
	"MCH  Vccp",
	"CPU1 Vccp",
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
};

const char * const fan_names[FAN_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
	"CPU  Fan",
	"INL  Fan",
	"OUTL Fan",
	"AUX  Fan",
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	NULL,
};

static const struct guid _hwm_guid = {
	0x6B5205B9,
	0x8185,
	0x4519,
	{0xB8, 0x89, 0xD9, 0x87, 0x24, 0xB5, 0x86, 0x07}
};

int main()
{
	int fd;
	int rc;
	int i;
	struct heci_message_data hwm_guid;

	fd = open("/dev/heci", O_RDWR);
	if (fd < 0) {
		perror("/dev/heci");
		fprintf(stderr, "Please load the HECI Kernel module first!\n");
		return 1;
	}

	hwm_guid.size = sizeof(struct guid);
	hwm_guid.data = (char *)malloc(hwm_guid.size);

	if(!hwm_guid.data) {
		fprintf(stderr, "malloc failure.\n");
		return 1;
	}

	memcpy(hwm_guid.data, &_hwm_guid, sizeof(_hwm_guid));
	rc = ioctl(fd, IOCTL_HECI_CONNECT_CLIENT, &hwm_guid);

	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("ioctl IOCTL_HECI_CONNECT_CLIENT");
		return 1;
	}
	/* Request temp. */
	struct therm_data therm_data;
	rc = write(fd, &therm_cmd, sizeof(therm_cmd));
	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("therm write");
		return 1;
	}

	rc = read(fd, &therm_data, sizeof(therm_data));
	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("therm read");
		return 1;
	}

	for (i = 0; i < THERM_SENSOR_COUNT; i++) {
		if (therm_data.data[i].valid) {
			int32_t value = therm_data.data[i].value;
			if (temp_names[i])
				printf("%s", temp_names[i]);
			else
				printf("%02d", i);
			printf(":\t%d.%02d \t°C\n", abs(value) / 100, abs(value) % 100);
		}
	}

	/* Request fans */
	struct fan_data fan_data;
	rc = write(fd, &fan_cmd, sizeof(fan_cmd));
	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("fan write");
		return 1;
	}

	rc = read(fd, &fan_data, sizeof(fan_data));
	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("fan read");
		return 1;
	}
	for (i = 0; i < FAN_SENSOR_COUNT; i++) {
		if (fan_data.data[i].valid) {
			int32_t value = fan_data.data[i].value;

			if (fan_names[i])
				printf("%s", fan_names[i]);
			else
				printf("%02d", i);
			printf(":\t%d \tRPM\n", value);
		}
	}

	/* Request volts. */
	struct volt_data volt_data;
	rc = write(fd, &volt_cmd, sizeof(volt_cmd));
	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("volts write");
		return 1;
	}

	rc = read(fd, &volt_data, sizeof(volt_data));
	if (rc < 0) {
		perror("volts read");
		return 1;
	}
	for (i = 0; i < VOLT_SENSOR_COUNT; i++) {
		if (volt_data.data[i].valid) {
			int32_t value = volt_data.data[i].value;

			if (volt_names[i])
				printf("%s", volt_names[i]);
			else
				printf("%02d", i);
			printf(":\t%d.%03d \tV\n", abs(value) / 1000, abs(value) % 1000);
		}
	}
	close(fd);
	return 0;
}

From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,

@ 2010-01-04 13:54               ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2010-01-04 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:

> 2009/2/12 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:

>>> Well I found this interesting thread about :
>>>

>>> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/
>>>
>>> It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
>>> (
>>>  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/
>>> )
>> I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK is
>> released.
>>

> Again me .. Well the SDK is *still* not released ..  The Intel folks
> said back in August :
>
> "The latest word is that the SDK is being prepared for approval but it
> is contingent upon an upcoming platform release."
>
> ( whatever that means )
>

> Anyway Andriy Gapon has posted on lm-sensors some nice tool to read
> the sensors output ( thx :) )
> (http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-October/026830.html)
>
> Today I'm out from hospital so I've decided to quick hack this tool
> and make it work on Linux.
>
> Here the output from my DQ45CB mobo:
>
> crazy@thor:~/INTEL/QST/Li$ sudo ./heci-qst
> CPU  Temp:      56.00   °C
> MB   Temp:      31.14   °C
> ICH  Temp:      67.37   °C
> MCH  Temp:      66.00   °C
> CPU  Fan:       1080    RPM
> INL  Fan:       1202    RPM
> OUTL Fan:       288     RPM
> +12  Volts:     11.965  V
> +5   Volts:     5.021   V
> +3.3 Volts:     3.316   V
> MCH  Vccp:      1.122   V
> CPU1 Vccp:      1.125   V
>
> Justin I know is not based on released SDK of Intel but maybe you
> still want to do some tests ?:)
Hi,

I upgraded my system and have a new board now, I do have another system that
uses the same board (DG965WH) if you have a patch/URL with the software I
can give it a run.

Justin.

From: Justin Piszcz @ 2010-01-04 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,

@ 2010-01-04 14:09                 ` Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

2010/1/4 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:

> On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:

>>> I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK is
>>> released.
>>>

>> Again me .. Well the SDK is *still* not released ..  The Intel folks
>> said back in August :
>>
>> "The latest word is that the SDK is being prepared for approval but it
>> is contingent upon an upcoming platform release."
>>
>> ( whatever that means )
>>

>> Anyway Andriy Gapon has posted on lm-sensors some nice tool to read
>> the sensors output ( thx :) )
>>
>> (http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-October/026830.html)
>>
>> Today I'm out from hospital so I've decided to quick hack this tool
>> and make it work on Linux.
>>
>> Here the output from my DQ45CB mobo:
>>
>> crazy@thor:~/INTEL/QST/Li$ sudo ./heci-qst
>> CPU  Temp:      56.00   °C
>> MB   Temp:      31.14   °C
>> ICH  Temp:      67.37   °C
>> MCH  Temp:      66.00   °C
>> CPU  Fan:       1080    RPM
>> INL  Fan:       1202    RPM
>> OUTL Fan:       288     RPM
>> +12  Volts:     11.965  V
>> +5   Volts:     5.021   V
>> +3.3 Volts:     3.316   V
>> MCH  Vccp:      1.122   V
>> CPU1 Vccp:      1.125   V
>>
>> Justin I know is not based on released SDK of Intel but maybe you
>> still want to do some tests ?:)
>
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my system and have a new board now, I do have another system that
> uses the same board (DG965WH) if you have a patch/URL with the software I
> can give it a run.

The file was attached ..

Just do:

gcc -o heci-qst heci-qst-linux.c

> Justin.

Gabriel

From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

2010/1/4 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:

> On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:

>>> I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK is
>>> released.
>>>

>> Again me .. Well the SDK is *still* not released ..  The Intel folks
>> said back in August :
>>
>> "The latest word is that the SDK is being prepared for approval but it
>> is contingent upon an upcoming platform release."
>>
>> ( whatever that means )
>>

>> Anyway Andriy Gapon has posted on lm-sensors some nice tool to read
>> the sensors output ( thx :) )
>>
>> (http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-October/026830.html)
>>
>> Today I'm out from hospital so I've decided to quick hack this tool
>> and make it work on Linux.
>>
>> Here the output from my DQ45CB mobo:
>>
>> crazy@thor:~/INTEL/QST/Li$ sudo ./heci-qst
>> CPU  Temp:      56.00   °C
>> MB   Temp:      31.14   °C
>> ICH  Temp:      67.37   °C
>> MCH  Temp:      66.00   °C
>> CPU  Fan:       1080    RPM
>> INL  Fan:       1202    RPM
>> OUTL Fan:       288     RPM
>> +12  Volts:     11.965  V
>> +5   Volts:     5.021   V
>> +3.3 Volts:     3.316   V
>> MCH  Vccp:      1.122   V
>> CPU1 Vccp:      1.125   V
>>
>> Justin I know is not based on released SDK of Intel but maybe you
>> still want to do some tests ?:)
>
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my system and have a new board now, I do have another system that
> uses the same board (DG965WH) if you have a patch/URL with the software I
> can give it a run.

The file was attached ..

Just do:

gcc -o heci-qst heci-qst-linux.c

> Justin.

Gabriel

* Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for  temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2010-01-04 14:22                   ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2010-01-04 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:

>>> Today I'm out from hospital so I've decided to quick hack this tool
>>> and make it work on Linux.
>>>
>>> Here the output from my DQ45CB mobo:
>>>
>>> crazy@thor:~/INTEL/QST/Li$ sudo ./heci-qst
>>> CPU  Temp:      56.00   °C
>>> MB   Temp:      31.14   °C
>>> ICH  Temp:      67.37   °C
>>> MCH  Temp:      66.00   °C
>>> CPU  Fan:       1080    RPM
>>> INL  Fan:       1202    RPM
>>> OUTL Fan:       288     RPM
>>> +12  Volts:     11.965  V
>>> +5   Volts:     5.021   V
>>> +3.3 Volts:     3.316   V
>>> MCH  Vccp:      1.122   V
>>> CPU1 Vccp:      1.125   V
>>>
>>> Justin I know is not based on released SDK of Intel but maybe you
>>> still want to do some tests ?:)

DMI Info:

Handle 0x0004, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
         Vendor: Intel Corp.
         Version: MQ96510J.86A.1754.2008.1117.0002

Handle 0x0006, DMI type 2, 20 bytes
Base Board Information
         Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
         Product Name: DG965WH
         Version: AAD41692-304

Cool, first time I have ever seen this =)

# ./heci-qst-linux
CPU  Temp:      36.55   °C
MB   Temp:      38.75   °C
MCH  Temp:      33.89   °C
04:     64.90   °C
05:     46.25   °C
CPU  Fan:       836     RPM
INL  Fan:       1362    RPM
OUTL Fan:       836     RPM
AUX  Fan:       2600    RPM
+12  Volts:     12.029  V
+5   Volts:     4.949   V
+3.3 Volts:     3.247   V
MCH  Vccp:      1.260   V
CPU1 Vccp:      1.180   V

It appears to work.

Thanks,

Justin.

From: Justin Piszcz @ 2010-01-04 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,

@ 2010-01-04 14:43                     ` Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

> DMI Info:
>
> Handle 0x0004, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
> BIOS Information
>        Vendor: Intel Corp.
>        Version: MQ96510J.86A.1754.2008.1117.0002
>
> Handle 0x0006, DMI type 2, 20 bytes
> Base Board Information
>        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
>        Product Name: DG965WH
>        Version: AAD41692-304
>
> Cool, first time I have ever seen this =)
>
> # ./heci-qst-linux CPU  Temp:      36.55   °C
> MB   Temp:      38.75   °C
> MCH  Temp:      33.89   °C
> 04:     64.90   °C
> 05:     46.25   °C
> CPU  Fan:       836     RPM
> INL  Fan:       1362    RPM
> OUTL Fan:       836     RPM
> AUX  Fan:       2600    RPM
> +12  Volts:     12.029  V
> +5   Volts:     4.949   V
> +3.3 Volts:     3.247   V
> MCH  Vccp:      1.260   V
> CPU1 Vccp:      1.180   V
>
> It appears to work.
>
> Thanks,

NP :)

Anyway It seems like ICH8* has some different output .. can't tell yet
without docs =)

Please open heci-qst-linux.c and find :

const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {

Change to look like this :

const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
       "CPU  Temp",
       "MB1  Temp",
        NULL,
       "MB2  Temp",
       "ICH  Temp",
       "MCH  Temp",
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
};

Also can you post a lspci -nn please :)

> Justin.

Gabriel

From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

> DMI Info:
>
> Handle 0x0004, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
> BIOS Information
>        Vendor: Intel Corp.
>        Version: MQ96510J.86A.1754.2008.1117.0002
>
> Handle 0x0006, DMI type 2, 20 bytes
> Base Board Information
>        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
>        Product Name: DG965WH
>        Version: AAD41692-304
>
> Cool, first time I have ever seen this =)
>
> # ./heci-qst-linux CPU  Temp:      36.55   °C
> MB   Temp:      38.75   °C
> MCH  Temp:      33.89   °C
> 04:     64.90   °C
> 05:     46.25   °C
> CPU  Fan:       836     RPM
> INL  Fan:       1362    RPM
> OUTL Fan:       836     RPM
> AUX  Fan:       2600    RPM
> +12  Volts:     12.029  V
> +5   Volts:     4.949   V
> +3.3 Volts:     3.247   V
> MCH  Vccp:      1.260   V
> CPU1 Vccp:      1.180   V
>
> It appears to work.
>
> Thanks,

NP :)

Anyway It seems like ICH8* has some different output .. can't tell yet
without docs =)

Please open heci-qst-linux.c and find :

const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {

Change to look like this :

const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
       "CPU  Temp",
       "MB1  Temp",
        NULL,
       "MB2  Temp",
       "ICH  Temp",
       "MCH  Temp",
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
       NULL,
};

Also can you post a lspci -nn please :)

> Justin.

Gabriel

* Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for  temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2010-01-04 14:55                       ` Justin Piszcz
From: Justin Piszcz @ 2010-01-04 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:

> 2010/1/4 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:
>
> Anyway It seems like ICH8* has some different output .. can't tell yet
> without docs =)
>
> Please open heci-qst-linux.c and find :
>

> const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
>
> Change to look like this :
>

> const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
>        "CPU  Temp",
>        "MB1  Temp",
>         NULL,
>        "MB2  Temp",
>        "ICH  Temp",
>        "MCH  Temp",
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
> };

Done:

# ./heci-qst-linux
CPU Temp:       34.37   °C
MB1 Temp:       37.75   °C
MB2 Temp:       34.89   °C
ICH Temp:       65.59   °C
MCH Temp:       46.25   °C
CPU  Fan:       840     RPM
INL  Fan:       1398    RPM
OUTL Fan:       839     RPM
AUX  Fan:       2607    RPM
+12  Volts:     12.040  V
+5   Volts:     4.954   V
+3.3 Volts:     3.247   V
MCH  Vccp:      1.258   V
CPU1 Vccp:      1.165   V

> Also can you post a lspci -nn please :)
# lspci -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82P965/G965 Memory Controller Hub [8086:29a0] (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port [8086:29a1] (rev 02)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 82G965 Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:29a2] (rev 02)
00:03.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 82P965/G965 HECI Controller [8086:29a4] (rev 02)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection [8086:104b] (rev 02)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2834] (rev 02)
00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2835] (rev 02)
00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:283a] (rev 02)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 02)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:283f] (rev 02)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2841] (rev 02)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 3 [8086:2843] (rev 02)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:2845] (rev 02)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2847] (rev 02)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2830] (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2831] (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2832] (rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:2836] (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev f2)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801HH (ICH8DH) LPC Interface Controller [8086:2812] (rev 02)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801HR/HO/HH (ICH8R/DO/DH) 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2821] (rev 02)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:283e] (rev 02)
01:00.0 SCSI storage controller [0100]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SX7042 PCI-e 4-port SATA-II [11ab:7042] (rev 02)
03:00.0 IDE interface [0101]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE6101 single-port PATA133 interface [11ab:6101] (rev b1)
04:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
05:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
06:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller [8086:100e] (rev 02)
07:01.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82541GI Gigabit Ethernet Controller [8086:1076]
07:02.0 Mass storage controller [0180]: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC40718 (SATA 300 TX4) [105a:3d17] (rev 02)
07:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) [104c:8023]

Justin.

From: Justin Piszcz @ 2010-01-04 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:

> 2010/1/4 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:
>
> Anyway It seems like ICH8* has some different output .. can't tell yet
> without docs =)
>
> Please open heci-qst-linux.c and find :
>

> const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
>
> Change to look like this :
>

> const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
>        "CPU  Temp",
>        "MB1  Temp",
>         NULL,
>        "MB2  Temp",
>        "ICH  Temp",
>        "MCH  Temp",
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
>        NULL,
> };

Done:

# ./heci-qst-linux
CPU Temp:       34.37   °C
MB1 Temp:       37.75   °C
MB2 Temp:       34.89   °C
ICH Temp:       65.59   °C
MCH Temp:       46.25   °C
CPU  Fan:       840     RPM
INL  Fan:       1398    RPM
OUTL Fan:       839     RPM
AUX  Fan:       2607    RPM
+12  Volts:     12.040  V
+5   Volts:     4.954   V
+3.3 Volts:     3.247   V
MCH  Vccp:      1.258   V
CPU1 Vccp:      1.165   V

@ 2010-01-04 15:07                         ` Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
	lm-sensors, Andriy Gapon

2010/1/4 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:

> On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Gabriel C wrote:
>
>> 2010/1/4 Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>:
>>
>> Anyway It seems like ICH8* has some different output .. can't tell yet
>> without docs =)
>>
>> Please open heci-qst-linux.c and find :
>>

>> const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
>>
>> Change to look like this :
>>

>> const char * const temp_names[THERM_SENSOR_COUNT] = {
>>        "CPU  Temp",
>>        "MB1  Temp",
>>         NULL,
>>        "MB2  Temp",
>>        "ICH  Temp",
>>        "MCH  Temp",
>>        NULL,
>>        NULL,
>>        NULL,
>>        NULL,
>>        NULL,
>>        NULL,
>> };
>
> Done:
>
> # ./heci-qst-linux CPU Temp:       34.37   °C
> MB1 Temp:       37.75   °C
> MB2 Temp:       34.89   °C
> ICH Temp:       65.59   °C
> MCH Temp:       46.25   °C
> CPU  Fan:       840     RPM
> INL  Fan:       1398    RPM
> OUTL Fan:       839     RPM
> AUX  Fan:       2607    RPM
> +12  Volts:     12.040  V
> +5   Volts:     4.954   V
> +3.3 Volts:     3.247   V
> MCH  Vccp:      1.258   V
> CPU1 Vccp:      1.165   V

Ok that looks now right for your HW.

> [...]
> single-port PATA133 interface [11ab:6101] (rev b1)
> 04:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA
> Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
> 05:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA
> Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
> 06:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA
> Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
> 07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit
> Ethernet Controller [8086:100e] (rev 02)
> 07:01.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82541GI Gigabit
> Ethernet Controller [8086:1076]
> 07:02.0 Mass storage controller [0180]: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC40718
> (SATA 300 TX4) [105a:3d17] (rev 02)
> 07:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A
> IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) [104c:8023]

Thx :)

> Justin.

Gabriel

From: Gabriel C @ 2010-01-04 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz
  Cc: Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel,
> [...]

> single-port PATA133 interface [11ab:6101] (rev b1)
> 04:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA
> Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
> 05:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA
> Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
> 06:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA
> Raid II Controller [1095:3132] (rev 01)
> 07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit
> Ethernet Controller [8086:100e] (rev 02)
> 07:01.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82541GI Gigabit
> Ethernet Controller [8086:1076]
> 07:02.0 Mass storage controller [0180]: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC40718
> (SATA 300 TX4) [105a:3d17] (rev 02)
> 07:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A
> IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) [104c:8023]

Gabriel

* Re: [lm-sensors] Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for  temp/voltage monitoring)
@ 2010-01-13  8:19               ` Andriy Gapon
From: Andriy Gapon @ 2010-01-13  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Justin Piszcz, Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams,
	linux-kernel, lm-sensors

on 04/01/2010 15:51 Gabriel C said the following:
> @Andriy there is a smallish bug in your original code .. you should
> use ..... , abs(value) ...., abs(value) ...);
> that will solve the negative CPU TEMP values you get with your version.

I wasn't sure about this, my impression was that negative temperatures were
offsets from some threshold.  E.g. Tcur - Tcrit.  In my case I saw negative
temperature only for CPU which fitted the hypothesis.

--
Andriy Gapon

From: Andriy Gapon @ 2010-01-13  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel C
  Cc: Justin Piszcz, Gabriel C, Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams,

@ 2010-02-23 17:56             ` Gabriel C
From: Gabriel C @ 2010-02-23 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Piszcz; +Cc: Maxim Levitsky, Dan Williams, linux-kernel, lm-sensors

On 12.02.2009 18:39, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Gabriel C wrote:
>
>> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

>>> Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
>>> controller to show us the temperature data.
>>> But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.
>>>
>>> Sad,
>>

>> Well I found this interesting thread about :
>>
>> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/
>>

>> It looks like the QST SDK already exists and is planned to be released..
>> (
>> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/
>> )
>>

>>> Best regards,
>>>     Maxim Levitsky
>>>

>> Gabriel
>
> I volunteer to test any patches if/when they are created after the SDK
> is released.

Ok good news :) The QST SDK is out ..

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/02/18/great-news-the-intelr-qst-sdk-is-now-public/

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel_Quiet_System_Technology_Software_Development_Kit/