* list_add corruption?
@ 2010-02-26  4:57 Zachary Amsden
From: Zachary Amsden @ 2010-02-26  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Anyone seeing list_add corruption running qemu-kvm with -smp 2 on Intel
hardware?

Debugging some local changes, which don't appear related.  Running
module from latest git on F12.

Zach

* Re: list_add corruption?
@ 2010-02-26 11:18 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2010-02-26 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zachary Amsden; +Cc: kvm

On 02/26/2010 06:57 AM, Zachary Amsden wrote:
> Anyone seeing list_add corruption running qemu-kvm with -smp 2 on
> Intel hardware?
>
> Debugging some local changes, which don't appear related.  Running
> module from latest git on F12.

Can you post a trace?  Which list appears to be involved?

* Re: list_add corruption?
@ 2010-02-26 16:31   ` Zachary Amsden
From: Zachary Amsden @ 2010-02-26 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: kvm

On 02/26/2010 01:18 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 02/26/2010 06:57 AM, Zachary Amsden wrote:
>> Anyone seeing list_add corruption running qemu-kvm with -smp 2 on
>> Intel hardware?
>>
>> Debugging some local changes, which don't appear related.  Running
>> module from latest git on F12.
>>

> Can you post a trace?  Which list appears to be involved?

It's the per-cpu activated vcpu list, I'm guessing, which is why I only
see it on Intel.  I'm starting a bisect.  I get a reliable system crash
upon release of kvm instance.  :(

Hopefully it is just a bug in my patches :)

Zach

* Re: list_add corruption?
@ 2010-02-26 20:13     ` Zachary Amsden
From: Zachary Amsden @ 2010-02-26 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: kvm

On 02/26/2010 06:31 AM, Zachary Amsden wrote:
> On 02/26/2010 01:18 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
>> On 02/26/2010 06:57 AM, Zachary Amsden wrote:
>>> Anyone seeing list_add corruption running qemu-kvm with -smp 2 on
>>> Intel hardware?
>>>
>>> Debugging some local changes, which don't appear related.  Running
>>> module from latest git on F12.
>>>

>> Can you post a trace?  Which list appears to be involved?
>>

> It's the per-cpu activated vcpu list, I'm guessing, which is why I
> only see it on Intel.  I'm starting a bisect.  I get a reliable system
> crash upon release of kvm instance.  :(
>
> Hopefully it is just a bug in my patches :)

Alas, 'twere my botch.