* Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-04 20:37 Jesse Barnes
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-04 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mesa3d-dev, dri-devel

Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
performance.

If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
non-existent given the amount of traffic.

Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-04 21:38 ` Matt Turner
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Matt Turner @ 2010-03-04 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> performance.
>
> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> non-existent given the amount of traffic.
>
> --
> Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center

As a user and occasional poster to these lists, that sounds very good to me.

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

It'd be nice to get rid of these silly advertisements too.

Matt

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-04 21:41 ` Mike Stroyan
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Mike Stroyan @ 2010-03-04 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

Moving seems like a good idea.  The delays here have been very troubling.

--

 Mike Stroyan - Software Architect
 LunarG, Inc.  - The Graphics Experts

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-04 22:14 ` Alex Deucher
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Alex Deucher @ 2010-03-04 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?

Yes please!

> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> performance.
>
> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> non-existent given the amount of traffic.
>
> --
> Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Move lists to freedesktop.org?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-03-04 22:42 ` Eric Anholt
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Eric Anholt @ 2010-03-04 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes, mesa3d-dev, dri-devel

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:37:23 -0800, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> performance.
>
> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> non-existent given the amount of traffic.

sf.net's mail interface is made of fail.  Here's to changing to
something credible.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

@ 2010-03-04 22:55   ` Dan Nicholson
From: Dan Nicholson @ 2010-03-04 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Anholt; +Cc: dri-devel, Jesse Barnes, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:37:23 -0800, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
>> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
>> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
>> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
>> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
>> performance.
>>
>> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
>> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
>> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
>> non-existent given the amount of traffic.
>
> sf.net's mail interface is made of fail.  Here's to changing to
> something credible.

The funny thing about it is they're clearly using mailman, which has
an archives interface, but they felt the need to implement some dog
slow php forum-like interface over it. Why?

--
Dan

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-04 23:06     ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-04 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicholson; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:55:29 -0800
Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:37:23 -0800, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> >> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> >> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> >> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> >> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> >> performance.
> >>
> >> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> >> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> >> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> >> non-existent given the amount of traffic.
> >
> > sf.net's mail interface is made of fail.  Here's to changing to
> > something credible.
>
> The funny thing about it is they're clearly using mailman, which has
> an archives interface, but they felt the need to implement some dog
> slow php forum-like interface over it. Why?

And their delivery is really slow too, which is quite annoying for
active discussions.

I guess Brian or Michel could get the current subscriber lists and
transfer them over once we have the new lists.

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-03-04 23:09 ` Brian Paul
From: Brian Paul @ 2010-03-04 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> performance.
>
> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> non-existent given the amount of traffic.

Jesse, can you set up the new lists?  Or does someone else need to do
that?

I can send you (or whoever) the current subscriber lists.

BTW, I'm the current admin for the Mesa lists on SourceForge.  I
manually unsubscribe people who can't figure it out for themselves,
allow posts from non-members (sometimes), etc.  I'd gladly pass on
that responsibility to someone else.  Would that automatically become
the job of the current fd.o admins?

-Brian

@ 2010-03-04 23:16   ` Michel Dänzer
From: Michel Dänzer @ 2010-03-04 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Paul; +Cc: dri-devel, Jesse Barnes, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 16:09 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> > The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> > post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> > leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> > performance.
> >
> > If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> > team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> > and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> > non-existent given the amount of traffic.
>
> Jesse, can you set up the new lists?  Or does someone else need to do
> that?
>
> I can send you (or whoever) the current subscriber lists.

Ditto for dri-devel.

> BTW, I'm the current admin for the Mesa lists on SourceForge.  I
> manually unsubscribe people who can't figure it out for themselves,
> allow posts from non-members (sometimes), etc.  I'd gladly pass on
> that responsibility to someone else.  Would that automatically become
> the job of the current fd.o admins?

Not really, the lists should still have their own admins.

I've been going through the moderation queues for both lists on a daily
basis and am volunteering to continue doing so, but other than that I'm
not really keen on being a list admin.

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-04 23:17   ` Stephane Marchesin
From: Stephane Marchesin @ 2010-03-04 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Paul; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 15:09, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:
>> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
>> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
>> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
>> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
>> performance.

Also I've been banned from posting to the lists at sf.net in the past
because my smtp server was in their (wrong) RBLs. So I'm happy if the
lists are moving away.

>> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
>> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
>> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
>> non-existent given the amount of traffic.
>
> Jesse, can you set up the new lists?  Or does someone else need to do
> that?
>
> I can send you (or whoever) the current subscriber lists.
>
> BTW, I'm the current admin for the Mesa lists on SourceForge.  I
> manually unsubscribe people who can't figure it out for themselves,
> allow posts from non-members (sometimes), etc.  I'd gladly pass on
> that responsibility to someone else.  Would that automatically become
> the job of the current fd.o admins?

No, you still have the mailman interface to handle all this.

Stephane

@ 2010-03-04 23:20     ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-04 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michel Dänzer; +Cc: tfheen, dri-devel, Daniel Stone, mesa3d-dev

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:16:45 +0100
Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 16:09 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:
> > Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > > Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> > > The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> > > post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> > > leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> > > performance.
> > >
> > > If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> > > team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> > > and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> > > non-existent given the amount of traffic.
> >
> > Jesse, can you set up the new lists?  Or does someone else need to do
> > that?
> >
> > I can send you (or whoever) the current subscriber lists.
>
> Ditto for dri-devel.
>
> > BTW, I'm the current admin for the Mesa lists on SourceForge.  I
> > manually unsubscribe people who can't figure it out for themselves,
> > allow posts from non-members (sometimes), etc.  I'd gladly pass on
> > that responsibility to someone else.  Would that automatically become
> > the job of the current fd.o admins?
>
> Not really, the lists should still have their own admins.
>
> I've been going through the moderation queues for both lists on a daily
> basis and am volunteering to continue doing so, but other than that I'm
> not really keen on being a list admin.

I don't have access to create the new lists, but Daniel or Tollef
should.

We may as well keep you guys as admins unless someone volunteers that
you're ok with; but hopefully FDO will make the admin job a little
easier/faster.

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-03-05 22:19 ` olafBuddenhagen
From: olafBuddenhagen @ 2010-03-05 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dri-devel

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 12:37:23PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists,

Err, how would moving the list to fdo help with the "non-subscriber
aspect"?...

-antrik-

@ 2010-03-06  0:11   ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-06  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: olafBuddenhagen; +Cc: dri-devel

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 23:19:13 +0100
<olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 12:37:23PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>
> > Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> > The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> > post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists,
>
> Err, how would moving the list to fdo help with the "non-subscriber
> aspect"?...

I was thinking that managing the moderation queue would be faster;
sf.net is always horribly slow for me, but fdo is usually pretty quick.

@ 2010-03-06  0:18     ` Michel Dänzer
From: Michel Dänzer @ 2010-03-06  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, olafBuddenhagen

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 16:11 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 23:19:13 +0100
> <olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 12:37:23PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> >
> > > Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> > > The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> > > post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists,
> >
> > Err, how would moving the list to fdo help with the "non-subscriber
> > aspect"?...
>
> I was thinking that managing the moderation queue would be faster;
> sf.net is always horribly slow for me, but fdo is usually pretty quick.

Can't say I've really noticed any difference, probably thanks to the
awesome listadmin tool. But it certainly won't hurt.

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-03-10 16:36 ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2010-03-10 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

> Would anyone have objections if these lists moved to freedesktop.org?
> The recent thread with Linus about the drm pull request highlights the
> post lag and non-subscriber aspect of the current lists, and that
> leaves aside sf.net's horrible mail archive interface and poor
> performance.
>
> If spam is an issue, another option would be vger.kernel.org.  That
> team runs lkml and several other very high traffic, high profile lists
> and manages quite well; performance is always high and spam is nearly
> non-existent given the amount of traffic.

Just wanted to bring up the experince of moving linux-fbdev from sf.net to
vger. The reason we did the move was because of the amount of spam we had
to deal with. Now we have no spam. Of course the draw back is that the old
list still exist which means the spam still comes in thus it has to be
dealt with. Not too big of a deal. The real issue is people still join the
old mailing list and try to post there. Perhaps their is a way to forward
subscriptions or send a message to the subscriber to tell them where to
really join? Then you have to send real mail to the new list.

@ 2010-03-23 19:32       ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-23 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Paul, Michel Dänzer
  Cc: tfheen, dri-devel, Daniel Stone, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:20:46 -0800
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:16:45 +0100
> Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:

> > > Jesse, can you set up the new lists?  Or does someone else need to do
> > > that?
> > >
> > > I can send you (or whoever) the current subscriber lists.
> >
> > Ditto for dri-devel.
> >
> > > BTW, I'm the current admin for the Mesa lists on SourceForge.  I
> > > manually unsubscribe people who can't figure it out for themselves,
> > > allow posts from non-members (sometimes), etc.  I'd gladly pass on
> > > that responsibility to someone else.  Would that automatically become
> > > the job of the current fd.o admins?
> >
> > Not really, the lists should still have their own admins.
> >
> > I've been going through the moderation queues for both lists on a daily
> > basis and am volunteering to continue doing so, but other than that I'm
> > not really keen on being a list admin.
>
> I don't have access to create the new lists, but Daniel or Tollef
> should.
>
> We may as well keep you guys as admins unless someone volunteers that
> you're ok with; but hopefully FDO will make the admin job a little
> easier/faster.

Brian and Michel, did you guys get what you need to move the lists?
AFAIK Tollef created them, you just need to copy the subscriber lists
over and announce it I think?

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-23 22:21         ` Michel Dänzer
From: Michel Dänzer @ 2010-03-23 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, Stone, Daniel, mesa3d-dev, tfheen

On Die, 2010-03-23 at 12:32 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:20:46 -0800
> Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:16:45 +0100
> > Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:

> > > Ditto for dri-devel.

> > > Not really, the lists should still have their own admins.
> > >
> > > I've been going through the moderation queues for both lists on a daily
> > > basis and am volunteering to continue doing so, but other than that I'm
> > > not really keen on being a list admin.
> >
> > I don't have access to create the new lists, but Daniel or Tollef
> > should.
> >
> > We may as well keep you guys as admins unless someone volunteers that
> > you're ok with; but hopefully FDO will make the admin job a little
> > easier/faster.
>
> Brian and Michel, did you guys get what you need to move the lists?
> AFAIK Tollef created them, you just need to copy the subscriber lists
> over and announce it I think?

This is the first time I've heard of new lists having been created...

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-03-24  2:53         ` sean darcy
From: sean darcy @ 2010-03-24  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dri-devel; +Cc: mesa3d-dev

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:20:46 -0800
> Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:16:45 +0100
>> Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:

>>> Ditto for dri-devel.

>>> Not really, the lists should still have their own admins.
>>>
>>> I've been going through the moderation queues for both lists on a daily
>>> basis and am volunteering to continue doing so, but other than that I'm
>>> not really keen on being a list admin.
>> I don't have access to create the new lists, but Daniel or Tollef
>> should.
>>
>> We may as well keep you guys as admins unless someone volunteers that
>> you're ok with; but hopefully FDO will make the admin job a little
>> easier/faster.
>
> Brian and Michel, did you guys get what you need to move the lists?
> AFAIK Tollef created them, you just need to copy the subscriber lists
> over and announce it I think?
>
> Thanks,

If you are going to move the lists, could someone remember to put them
on gmane. At least some of us prefer the newsgroup format.

sean

* Re: Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-04-08 22:21   ` Brian Paul
From: Brian Paul @ 2010-04-08 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mesa3d-dev; +Cc: dri-devel

Unless there's some objection I'm going to subscribe everyone to the
new FD.O-based mesa-dev mailing list who's on the mesa3d-dev list.
Probably in the next 24 hours.

Then, some of you may have to log into the mailman interface
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev) to set digest
mode, etc.

-Brian

@ 2010-04-08 22:38     ` Alex Deucher
From: Alex Deucher @ 2010-04-08 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Paul; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:

> Unless there's some objection I'm going to subscribe everyone to the
> new FD.O-based mesa-dev mailing list who's on the mesa3d-dev list.
> Probably in the next 24 hours.
>
> Then, some of you may have to log into the mailman interface
> (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev) to set digest
> mode, etc.
>
> -Brian

Are there plans to move dri-devel as well?

Alex

@ 2010-04-08 23:37       ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-04-08 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Deucher; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:38:03 -0400
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
> >
> > Unless there's some objection I'm going to subscribe everyone to the
> > new FD.O-based mesa-dev mailing list who's on the mesa3d-dev list.
> > Probably in the next 24 hours.
> >
> > Then, some of you may have to log into the mailman interface
> > (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev) to set digest
> > mode, etc.
> >
> > -Brian
>
> Are there plans to move dri-devel as well?

Yeah, I'm just getting the info for that now.  But I don't think we
have subscriber lists, so everyone will have to re-subscribe to the new
list.

I'll send out a note to dri-devel when it's all set.

@ 2010-04-09  0:07         ` Stephane Marchesin
From: Stephane Marchesin @ 2010-04-09  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: Alex Deucher, dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 16:37, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:38:03 -0400
> Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Unless there's some objection I'm going to subscribe everyone to the
>> > new FD.O-based mesa-dev mailing list who's on the mesa3d-dev list.
>> > Probably in the next 24 hours.
>> >
>> > Then, some of you may have to log into the mailman interface
>> > (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev) to set digest
>> > mode, etc.
>> >
>> > -Brian
>>
>> Are there plans to move dri-devel as well?
>
> Yeah, I'm just getting the info for that now.  But I don't think we
> have subscriber lists, so everyone will have to re-subscribe to the new
> list.
>
> I'll send out a note to dri-devel when it's all set.

You can get the subscriber list at:

Stephane

@ 2010-04-14  0:08         ` Matthew W. S. Bell
       [not found]           ` <4BC62AFF.40804@vmware.com>
From: Matthew W. S. Bell @ 2010-04-14  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: mesa3d-dev, dri-devel

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:37 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:38:03 -0400
> Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Unless there's some objection I'm going to subscribe everyone to the
> > > new FD.O-based mesa-dev mailing list who's on the mesa3d-dev list.
> > > Probably in the next 24 hours.
> > >
> > > Then, some of you may have to log into the mailman interface
> > > (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev) to set digest
> > > mode, etc.
> > >
> > > -Brian
> >
> > Are there plans to move dri-devel as well?
>
> Yeah, I'm just getting the info for that now.  But I don't think we
> have subscriber lists, so everyone will have to re-subscribe to the new
> list.
>
> I'll send out a note to dri-devel when it's all set.

to do it myself, but I don't appear to be human enough to pass the
textcha and register an account.

Matthew W.S. Bell

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-04-14 20:52           ` Brian Paul
       [not found]           ` <4BC62AFF.40804@vmware.com>
From: Brian Paul @ 2010-04-14 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthew; +Cc: mesa-dev, dri-devel, Dan Nicholson

Matthew W. S. Bell wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:37 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:38:03 -0400
>> Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Are there plans to move dri-devel as well?
>> Yeah, I'm just getting the info for that now.  But I don't think we
>> have subscriber lists, so everyone will have to re-subscribe to the new
>> list.
>>
>> I'll send out a note to dri-devel when it's all set.

> to do it myself, but I don't appear to be human enough to pass the
> textcha and register an account.

I have an account but I'm not allowed to edit the page for some reason.

Looks like Dan Nicholson was the last person to edit it.  cc'ing him...

-Brian

@ 2010-04-14 21:09             ` Dan Nicholson
       [not found]               ` <4BC6309E.1030701@vmware.com>
From: Dan Nicholson @ 2010-04-14 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Paul; +Cc: mesa-dev, dri-devel, matthew

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
> Matthew W. S. Bell wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:37 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:

>>> Yeah, I'm just getting the info for that now.  But I don't think we
>>> have subscriber lists, so everyone will have to re-subscribe to the new
>>> list.
>>>
>>> I'll send out a note to dri-devel when it's all set.

>> to do it myself, but I don't appear to be human enough to pass the
>> textcha and register an account.
>
> I have an account but I'm not allowed to edit the page for some reason.
>
> Looks like Dan Nicholson was the last person to edit it.  cc'ing him...

I don't think I have any special privileges besides being logged in,
but I updated the links. I noticed that there are lists on fd.o for
mesa-announce, mesa-users, dri-users and dri-patches. I updated the
links to those, but have those lists actually been migrated from
sourceforge to fd.o?

--
Dan

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Move lists to freedesktop.org?
@ 2010-04-14 21:16               ` Brian Paul
       [not found]               ` <4BC6309E.1030701@vmware.com>
From: Brian Paul @ 2010-04-14 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicholson; +Cc: mesa-dev, dri-devel, matthew

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
>> Matthew W. S. Bell wrote:

>>> to do it myself, but I don't appear to be human enough to pass the
>>> textcha and register an account.
>> I have an account but I'm not allowed to edit the page for some reason.
>>
>> Looks like Dan Nicholson was the last person to edit it.  cc'ing him...
>
> I don't think I have any special privileges besides being logged in,
> but I updated the links. I noticed that there are lists on fd.o for
> mesa-announce, mesa-users, dri-users and dri-patches. I updated the
> links to those, but have those lists actually been migrated from
> sourceforge to fd.o?

Not yet.  I've been off-line.  I still need to send the (processed)
subscriber lists for those to Tollef...

-Brian

* Re: [Mesa-dev] [Mesa3d-dev] Move lists to freedesktop.org?
       [not found]               ` <4BC6309E.1030701@vmware.com>
@ 2010-04-15  9:12                 ` Tormod Volden
From: Tormod Volden @ 2010-04-15  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mesa-dev, dri-devel

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Brian Paul <brianp@vmware.com> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:

>>> I have an account but I'm not allowed to edit the page for some reason.
>>>
>>> Looks like Dan Nicholson was the last person to edit it.  cc'ing him...
>>
>> I don't think I have any special privileges besides being logged in,
>> but I updated the links. I noticed that there are lists on fd.o for
>> mesa-announce, mesa-users, dri-users and dri-patches. I updated the
>> links to those, but have those lists actually been migrated from
>> sourceforge to fd.o?
>
> Not yet.  I've been off-line.  I still need to send the (processed)
> subscriber lists for those to Tollef...
>
> -Brian

Thanks for moving all the lists, lists at sourceforge are such a PITA.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to wait until the subscriber list had
been copied over before using the new list? I see on
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2010-April/thread.html
a lot of mail that I did not receive.

Also, bugzilla mail for DRI drivers such as Drivers/DRI/Savage is
assigned to dri-devel (already moved to fd.o) but shouldn't those go
to mesa-dev instead?

Tormod