* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again
       [not found] <1267821741.4632.4.camel@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2010-03-05 20:55 ` Jesse Barnes
       [not found]   ` <1267823887.28806.5.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-05 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:42:21 +0200
Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> After quite long period of inactivity, I updated graphical stack on my
> desktop/server.
>
> To say the truth, I did such update about month ago, but found out that
> X refuses flatly to use DRI modules. I assumed that it was my mistake in
> compilation process (although it is automated).

That generally indicates a build or config problem of some kind.  Did
you ever narrow it down?

> Now I repeat same process and find out that OpenGL does work, but once
> again it became very buggy, so buggy that it is almost unusable.
>

> Neverball. - Now it hangs when I switch to full screen mode.
> - Also, once again frames appear to be rendered
> in batches
> In fact full screen mode leads to a hang always
>

> Sauerbraten. - Hangs early with 'Loading'
> Nexuiz - Same as above
>
> Compiz. - Hangs now after start
>
> GoogleEarth - No change, works, but in street view, one on screen label
> 'jumps'
>
> Xmoto, Torcs. Full screen mode hangs.

I just pushed a few fixes to the xf86-video-intel code that might
help...

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again
@ 2010-03-05 21:18   ` Maxim Levitsky
       [not found]   ` <1267823887.28806.5.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-05 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 12:55 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:42:21 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After quite long period of inactivity, I updated graphical stack on my
> > desktop/server.
> >
> > To say the truth, I did such update about month ago, but found out that
> > X refuses flatly to use DRI modules. I assumed that it was my mistake in
> > compilation process (although it is automated).
>
> That generally indicates a build or config problem of some kind.  Did
> you ever narrow it down?
Because the same compile process works now, I suspect that wasn't build
failure.

I now compiled same stack, but reverted mesa to

commit 465fee75ee8991349da742e5a1a5be3cd179bb62
Author: Roland Scheidegger <sroland@vmware.com>
Date:   Sat Nov 21 04:39:30 2009 -0800

    intel: make CopyTex[Sub]Image fallback debug messages more
consistent

And compiled the xserver with --disable-aiglx
(I will always use that option from now on, because I hate the way X and
mesa are tied otherwise. For example X won't build if I compile it
against old mesa, etc...)

And now all 3D problems are gone.

I now doing a bisect, although I am not sure if it will help much.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

@ 2010-03-05 21:36     ` Jesse Barnes
       [not found]     ` <20100305133647.46ca388f@jbarnes-piketon>
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-05 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:18:07 +0200
Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 12:55 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:42:21 +0200
> > Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > After quite long period of inactivity, I updated graphical stack on my
> > > desktop/server.
> > >
> > > To say the truth, I did such update about month ago, but found out that
> > > X refuses flatly to use DRI modules. I assumed that it was my mistake in
> > > compilation process (although it is automated).
> >
> > That generally indicates a build or config problem of some kind.  Did
> > you ever narrow it down?
> Because the same compile process works now, I suspect that wasn't build
> failure.

Well something weird is going on; maybe you didn't build X after Mesa
or with the right Mesa includes?

> I now compiled same stack, but reverted mesa to
>
> commit 465fee75ee8991349da742e5a1a5be3cd179bb62
> Author: Roland Scheidegger <sroland@vmware.com>
> Date:   Sat Nov 21 04:39:30 2009 -0800
>
>     intel: make CopyTex[Sub]Image fallback debug messages more
> consistent
>

> And compiled the xserver with --disable-aiglx
> (I will always use that option from now on, because I hate the way X and
> mesa are tied otherwise. For example X won't build if I compile it
> against old mesa, etc...)

If you can't get AIGLX to work then it may indicate a bigger problem.
X needs to load a DRI driver to perform acceleration for indirect
clients, I'm not sure what in that is hate-worthy.

> And now all 3D problems are gone.
>
> I now doing a bisect, although I am not sure if it will help much.

Probably not.  It sounds like your configuration is pretty custom and
something is seriously broken, so it'll be hard to help further.

@ 2010-03-05 21:48       ` Maxim Levitsky
       [not found]       ` <1267825728.3347.3.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-05 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 13:36 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:18:07 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 12:55 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> > > That generally indicates a build or config problem of some kind.  Did
> > > you ever narrow it down?
> > Because the same compile process works now, I suspect that wasn't build
> > failure.
>
> Well something weird is going on; maybe you didn't build X after Mesa
> or with the right Mesa includes?
I am very sure that this issue isn't relevant now.

I do compile (libdrm, mesa, xserver, xf86-intel, and evdev driver in
that order, compiling everything from scratch (doing git clean -dfx in
all directories)

> > I now compiled same stack, but reverted mesa to
> >
> > commit 465fee75ee8991349da742e5a1a5be3cd179bb62
> > Author: Roland Scheidegger <sroland@vmware.com>
> > Date:   Sat Nov 21 04:39:30 2009 -0800
> >
> >     intel: make CopyTex[Sub]Image fallback debug messages more
> > consistent
> >

> > And compiled the xserver with --disable-aiglx
> > (I will always use that option from now on, because I hate the way X and
> > mesa are tied otherwise. For example X won't build if I compile it
> > against old mesa, etc...)
>
> If you can't get AIGLX to work then it may indicate a bigger problem.
> X needs to load a DRI driver to perform acceleration for indirect
> clients, I'm not sure what in that is hate-worthy.
>
> > And now all 3D problems are gone.
> >
> > I now doing a bisect, although I am not sure if it will help much.
>
> Probably not.  It sounds like your configuration is pretty custom and
> something is seriously broken, so it'll be hard to help further.

I don't think so. Older mesa works, new one works too but with bugs. New
mesa just contains a lot of bugs.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again
       [not found]       ` <1267825728.3347.3.camel@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2010-03-06 10:18         ` Florian Mickler
       [not found]           ` <1267877450.2898.3.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Florian Mickler @ 2010-03-06 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:48:48 +0200
Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 13:36 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:18:07 +0200
> > Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Because the same compile process works now, I suspect that wasn't build
> > > failure.
> >
> > Well something weird is going on; maybe you didn't build X after Mesa
> > or with the right Mesa includes?
> I am very sure that this issue isn't relevant now.
>
> I do compile (libdrm, mesa, xserver, xf86-intel, and evdev driver in
> that order, compiling everything from scratch (doing git clean -dfx in
> all directories)

if you just want a working setup, perhaps you should try using
something that got (probably) tested by at least some people:
 	http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2009Q4.html
cheers,
Flo

@ 2010-03-06 14:40             ` Maxim Levitsky
       [not found]               ` <20100306080255.5e08e078@jbarnes-piketon>
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-06 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 14:10 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 11:18 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:48:48 +0200
> > Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I am very sure that this issue isn't relevant now.
> > >
> > > I do compile (libdrm, mesa, xserver, xf86-intel, and evdev driver in
> > > that order, compiling everything from scratch (doing git clean -dfx in
> > > all directories)
> >
> > if you just want a working setup, perhaps you should try using
> > something that got (probably) tested by at least some people:
> >  	http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2009Q4.html
> > cheers,
> > Flo
>
> Well, I now have a working setup with mesa
> ebbc73d1aed283c9bc4aa2b37bed4374bbaec5b5
>
> The problem is that I hoped that once all heavy work in regard to KMS
> was done, there will be no serious regressions in 3D stack, but only bug
> fixes, because it is very hard to track and fix bugs there.
>
> However, once again 3D stack is in bad shape, and this is not good.

More testing shows the following behaviour:

Full screen mode is completely busted. As soon as any 3D application
switches to full screen mode, even without changing the resolution, it
hangs (note that I didn't see GPU hangs due to that)

Compiz is broken (its also a full screen app...). As soon as it starts,
it draws few windows, and then stalls.

In window mode all applications do work.

Now I guess this is worth a bugzilla entry.
(If this isn't there yet...)

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

@ 2010-03-06 16:46                 ` Maxim Levitsky
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-06 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 08:02 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:40:27 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, I now have a working setup with mesa
> > > ebbc73d1aed283c9bc4aa2b37bed4374bbaec5b5
> > >
> > > The problem is that I hoped that once all heavy work in regard to KMS
> > > was done, there will be no serious regressions in 3D stack, but only bug
> > > fixes, because it is very hard to track and fix bugs there.
> > >
> > > However, once again 3D stack is in bad shape, and this is not good.
> >

> > More testing shows the following behaviour:
> >

> > Full screen mode is completely busted. As soon as any 3D application
> > switches to full screen mode, even without changing the resolution, it
> > hangs (note that I didn't see GPU hangs due to that)
> >
> > Compiz is broken (its also a full screen app...). As soon as it starts,
> > it draws few windows, and then stalls.
> >
> > In window mode all applications do work.
> >

> > Now I guess this is worth a bugzilla entry.
> > (If this isn't there yet...)
>
> I'm not seeing this on GM45.  I just installed a totally fresh stack on
> a new F12 installation and compiz and games work well.  But please file
> a bug and include everything needed (see intellinuxgraphics.org for the
> list); hope we can find the issue.

Here, gdb backtrace while running sauerbraten full screen:

#2  0xb6e93d80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
#3  0xb6e959d2 in xcb_wait_for_reply () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
#4  0xb7387e7e in _XReply (dpy=0x9023938, rep=0xbfc6a4dc, extra=0, discard=0) at xcb_io.c:454
#5  0xb772ba30 in DRI2GetBuffersWithFormat (dpy=0x9023938, drawable=62914575, width=0x93eed74, height=0x93eed78, attachments=0xbfc6a5dc, count=2,
    outCount=0xbfc6a608) at dri2.c:428
#6  0xb7729f62 in dri2GetBuffersWithFormat (driDrawable=0x93eed50, width=0x93eed74, height=0x93eed78, attachments=0xbfc6a5dc, count=2, out_count=0xbfc6a608,
    loaderPrivate=0x93eecb0) at dri2_glx.c:435
#7  0xb6557bf3 in intel_update_renderbuffers (context=0x905c678, drawable=0x93eed50) at intel_context.c:253
#8  0xb65581d5 in intel_prepare_render (intel=0x90c6c50) at intel_context.c:395
#9  0xb657a423 in brw_try_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x910418c, prim=0x9102c60, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001',
    min_index=0, max_index=3) at brw_draw.c:340
#10 brw_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x910418c, prim=0x9102c60, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001', min_index=0, max_index=3)
    at brw_draw.c:441
#11 0xb663ea64 in vbo_exec_vtx_flush (exec=0x9102b30, unmap=1 '\001') at vbo/vbo_exec_draw.c:384
#12 0xb663a42a in vbo_exec_FlushVertices_internal (ctx=0xfffffdfc, unmap=255 '\377') at vbo/vbo_exec_api.c:872
#13 0xb663c230 in vbo_exec_FlushVertices (ctx=0x90c6c50, flags=1) at vbo/vbo_exec_api.c:906
#14 0xb65daea5 in _mesa_set_enable (ctx=0x90c6c50, cap=3042, state=1 '\001') at main/enable.c:283
#15 0xb65db1bf in _mesa_Enable (cap=3042) at main/enable.c:1007
#16 0x080abf08 in ?? ()
#17 0x080ad3fc in ?? ()
#18 0xb7479b56 in __libc_start_main (main=0x80ad0a0, argc=3, ubp_av=0xbfc6abb4, init=0x824a9f0, fini=0x824a9e0, rtld_fini=0xb789cd20 <_dl_fini>,

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

@ 2010-03-06 17:02                   ` Stephan Raue
From: Stephan Raue @ 2010-03-06 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

looks this like my problems that i have reported some days ago with
Subject "Problem using an Mesa based App with recent
xorg/mesa/xf86-video-intel (loop?)" to Mesa-dev, xorg and intel-gfx list?

i have still this issue, but i dont know what you need for informations
to fix the issues?

with ati driver i dont have problems, only here with intel driver on my
Thinkpad X200t with intel HDA Graphics card

Stephan

Am 06.03.2010 17:46, schrieb Maxim Levitsky:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 08:02 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:40:27 +0200
>> Maxim Levitsky<maximlevitsky@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> More testing shows the following behaviour:
>>>

>>> Full screen mode is completely busted. As soon as any 3D application
>>> switches to full screen mode, even without changing the resolution, it
>>> hangs (note that I didn't see GPU hangs due to that)
>>>
>>> Compiz is broken (its also a full screen app...). As soon as it starts,
>>> it draws few windows, and then stalls.
>>>
>>> In window mode all applications do work.
>>>

>>> Now I guess this is worth a bugzilla entry.
>>> (If this isn't there yet...)
>>>
>> I'm not seeing this on GM45.  I just installed a totally fresh stack on
>> a new F12 installation and compiz and games work well.  But please file
>> a bug and include everything needed (see intellinuxgraphics.org for the
>> list); hope we can find the issue.
>>

> Here, gdb backtrace while running sauerbraten full screen:
>

> #2  0xb6e93d80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
> #3  0xb6e959d2 in xcb_wait_for_reply () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
> #4  0xb7387e7e in _XReply (dpy=0x9023938, rep=0xbfc6a4dc, extra=0, discard=0) at xcb_io.c:454
> #5  0xb772ba30 in DRI2GetBuffersWithFormat (dpy=0x9023938, drawable=62914575, width=0x93eed74, height=0x93eed78, attachments=0xbfc6a5dc, count=2,
>      outCount=0xbfc6a608) at dri2.c:428
> #6  0xb7729f62 in dri2GetBuffersWithFormat (driDrawable=0x93eed50, width=0x93eed74, height=0x93eed78, attachments=0xbfc6a5dc, count=2, out_count=0xbfc6a608,
>      loaderPrivate=0x93eecb0) at dri2_glx.c:435
> #7  0xb6557bf3 in intel_update_renderbuffers (context=0x905c678, drawable=0x93eed50) at intel_context.c:253
> #8  0xb65581d5 in intel_prepare_render (intel=0x90c6c50) at intel_context.c:395
> #9  0xb657a423 in brw_try_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x910418c, prim=0x9102c60, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001',
>      min_index=0, max_index=3) at brw_draw.c:340
> #10 brw_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x910418c, prim=0x9102c60, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001', min_index=0, max_index=3)
>      at brw_draw.c:441
> #11 0xb663ea64 in vbo_exec_vtx_flush (exec=0x9102b30, unmap=1 '\001') at vbo/vbo_exec_draw.c:384
> #12 0xb663a42a in vbo_exec_FlushVertices_internal (ctx=0xfffffdfc, unmap=255 '\377') at vbo/vbo_exec_api.c:872
> #13 0xb663c230 in vbo_exec_FlushVertices (ctx=0x90c6c50, flags=1) at vbo/vbo_exec_api.c:906
> #14 0xb65daea5 in _mesa_set_enable (ctx=0x90c6c50, cap=3042, state=1 '\001') at main/enable.c:283
> #15 0xb65db1bf in _mesa_Enable (cap=3042) at main/enable.c:1007
> #16 0x080abf08 in ?? ()
> #17 0x080ad3fc in ?? ()
> #18 0xb7479b56 in __libc_start_main (main=0x80ad0a0, argc=3, ubp_av=0xbfc6abb4, init=0x824a9f0, fini=0x824a9e0, rtld_fini=0xb789cd20<_dl_fini>,
>

> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

               ### OpenELEC.tv ###
The free and open Mediacenter Distribution 4 you
              http://www.openelec.tv

@ 2010-03-06 21:35                     ` Florian Mickler
From: Florian Mickler @ 2010-03-06 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:02:51 +0100
Stephan Raue <mailinglists@openelec.tv> wrote:

> looks this like my problems that i have reported some days ago with
> Subject "Problem using an Mesa based App with recent
> xorg/mesa/xf86-video-intel (loop?)" to Mesa-dev, xorg and intel-gfx list?
>
> i have still this issue, but i dont know what you need for informations
> to fix the issues?
>
> with ati driver i dont have problems, only here with intel driver on my
> Thinkpad X200t with intel HDA Graphics card
>
> Stephan
>
> Am 06.03.2010 17:46, schrieb Maxim Levitsky:
> > Here, gdb backtrace while running sauerbraten full screen:
> >

> > #2  0xb6e93d80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
> > #3  0xb6e959d2 in xcb_wait_for_reply () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
> > #4  0xb7387e7e in _XReply (dpy=0x9023938, rep=0xbfc6a4dc, extra=0, discard=0) at xcb_io.c:454
> > #5  0xb772ba30 in DRI2GetBuffersWithFormat (dpy=0x9023938, drawable=62914575, width=0x93eed74, height=0x93eed78, attachments=0xbfc6a5dc, count=2,
> >      outCount=0xbfc6a608) at dri2.c:428
> > #6  0xb7729f62 in dri2GetBuffersWithFormat (driDrawable=0x93eed50, width=0x93eed74, height=0x93eed78, attachments=0xbfc6a5dc, count=2, out_count=0xbfc6a608,
> >      loaderPrivate=0x93eecb0) at dri2_glx.c:435
> > #7  0xb6557bf3 in intel_update_renderbuffers (context=0x905c678, drawable=0x93eed50) at intel_context.c:253
> > #8  0xb65581d5 in intel_prepare_render (intel=0x90c6c50) at intel_context.c:395
> > #9  0xb657a423 in brw_try_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x910418c, prim=0x9102c60, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001',
> >      min_index=0, max_index=3) at brw_draw.c:340
> > #10 brw_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x910418c, prim=0x9102c60, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001', min_index=0, max_index=3)
> >      at brw_draw.c:441
> > #11 0xb663ea64 in vbo_exec_vtx_flush (exec=0x9102b30, unmap=1 '\001') at vbo/vbo_exec_draw.c:384
> > #12 0xb663a42a in vbo_exec_FlushVertices_internal (ctx=0xfffffdfc, unmap=255 '\377') at vbo/vbo_exec_api.c:872
> > #13 0xb663c230 in vbo_exec_FlushVertices (ctx=0x90c6c50, flags=1) at vbo/vbo_exec_api.c:906
> > #14 0xb65daea5 in _mesa_set_enable (ctx=0x90c6c50, cap=3042, state=1 '\001') at main/enable.c:283
> > #15 0xb65db1bf in _mesa_Enable (cap=3042) at main/enable.c:1007
> > #16 0x080abf08 in ?? ()
> > #17 0x080ad3fc in ?? ()
> > #18 0xb7479b56 in __libc_start_main (main=0x80ad0a0, argc=3, ubp_av=0xbfc6abb4, init=0x824a9f0, fini=0x824a9e0, rtld_fini=0xb789cd20<_dl_fini>,
> >

> > Best regards,
> > 	Maxim Levitsky

with glxgears I can reproduce a hang in _XReply with the same backtrace
up to intel_prepare_render.. i think there are some vblank events
going awol or somewhat like that..

i just have to move glxgears from one xrandr head to the next...
(a little bit timing in there, but nonetheless it is easy to trigger)

with the soon-to-be linux-2.6.34-rc1 however, it will now only
hang some 1 or 2 secs then continue to run.

i'm running on 64bit... (kernel + userland) ...

hth,
Flo

@ 2010-03-06 22:05                       ` Maxim Levitsky
       [not found]                         ` <1267914264.6140.3.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-06 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 22:35 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:02:51 +0100
> Stephan Raue <mailinglists@openelec.tv> wrote:
>
> > looks this like my problems that i have reported some days ago with
> > Subject "Problem using an Mesa based App with recent
> > xorg/mesa/xf86-video-intel (loop?)" to Mesa-dev, xorg and intel-gfx list?
> >
> > i have still this issue, but i dont know what you need for informations
> > to fix the issues?
> >
> > with ati driver i dont have problems, only here with intel driver on my
> > Thinkpad X200t with intel HDA Graphics card

I now see that compiz hangs in same way.

Attached are backtrace of the compiz, and backtrace of etracer which did
start full screen but became hung on resolution change.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

[-- Attachment #2: compiz.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 18366 bytes --]

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0-ubuntu
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu".
Attaching to process 4123
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/compiz.real.disabled...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXcomposite.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXcomposite.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libXrandr.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libXrandr.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libICE.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libICE.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libSM.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libSM.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/mesa/lib/libGL.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/mesa/lib/libGL.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXext.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXext.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libuuid.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libuuid.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libz.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libz.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb-aux.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb-aux.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb-event.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb-event.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb-atom.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb-atom.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb-glx.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb-glx.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libdrm.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libdrm.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/ld-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXau.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXau.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/dri-unstable/i965_dri.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/dri-unstable/i965_dri.so
Reading symbols from /lib/libexpat.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libexpat.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libdrm_intel.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libdrm_intel.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libccp.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libccp.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libcompizconfig.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libcompizconfig.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libprotobuf.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libprotobuf.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.13...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libgcc_s.so.1...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/libgcc_s.so.1...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libgconf.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libgconf.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgconf-2.so.4...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgconf-2.so.4
Reading symbols from /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libORBit-2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libORBit-2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libdbus-1.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdbus-1.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/libpcre.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libpcre.so.3
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_compat.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_compat-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_compat.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl.so.1...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_nis.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_nis-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_nis.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_files.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_files-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnss_files.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libmove.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libmove.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libresize.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libresize.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libplace.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libplace.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libdecoration.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libdecoration.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdecoration.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdecoration.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libanimation.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libanimation.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libregex.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libregex.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libmblur.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libmblur.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libscreenshot.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libscreenshot.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libtext.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libtext.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpixman-1.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpixman-1.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libfusion-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libfusion-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdirect-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdirect-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb-render-util.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb-render-util.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libxcb-render.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxcb-render.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libmousepoll.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libmousepoll.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libsvg.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libsvg.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgsf-1.so.114...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgsf-1.so.114
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libcroco-0.6.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libcroco-0.6.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/libbz2.so.1.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libbz2.so.1.0
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libresolv.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libresolv-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libresolv.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libselinux.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libselinux.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libgnomecompat.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libgnomecompat.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libworkarounds.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libworkarounds.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libcommands.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libcommands.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libvpswitch.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libvpswitch.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libdbus.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libdbus.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libextrawm.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libextrawm.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libshift.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libshift.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libsession.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libsession.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libpng.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libpng.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libwater.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libwater.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libfirepaint.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libfirepaint.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libimgjpeg.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libimgjpeg.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libvideo.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libvideo.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libresizeinfo.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libresizeinfo.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libwobbly.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libwobbly.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libfade.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libfade.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libanimationaddon.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libanimationaddon.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/compiz/libgroup.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/compiz/libgroup.so
0xb7751424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7751424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb745bb6b in *__GI___poll (fds=0xb74dcff4, nfds=1, timeout=-1) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/poll.c:83
#2  0xb7247d80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
#3  0xb72499d2 in xcb_wait_for_reply () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
#4  0xb72c1e7e in _XReply (dpy=0x86bda50, rep=0xbff6e59c, extra=0, discard=0) at xcb_io.c:454
#5  0xb7565a30 in DRI2GetBuffersWithFormat (dpy=0x86bda50, drawable=97, width=0x882e47c, height=0x882e480, attachments=0xbff6e69c, count=2,
    outCount=0xbff6e6c8) at dri2.c:428
#6  0xb7563f62 in dri2GetBuffersWithFormat (driDrawable=0x882e458, width=0x882e47c, height=0x882e480, attachments=0xbff6e69c, count=2, out_count=0xbff6e6c8,
    loaderPrivate=0x882e3b8) at dri2_glx.c:435
#7  0xb6f6cbf3 in intel_update_renderbuffers (context=0x883dcd8, drawable=0x882e458) at intel_context.c:253
#8  0xb6f6d1d5 in intel_prepare_render (intel=0x8845a00) at intel_context.c:395
#9  0xb6f7ffbc in intelTexImage (ctx=0x8845a00, dims=<value optimized out>, target=3553, level=0, internalFormat=34030, width=32, height=32, depth=1,
    border=0, format=6408, type=5121, pixels=0x9656940, unpack=0x8854780, texObj=0x94bc9a8, texImage=0x9647540, imageSize=0, compressed=0 '\000')
    at intel_tex_image.c:476
#10 0xb6f80d0e in intelTexImage2D (ctx=0x8845a00, target=3553, level=0, internalFormat=34030, width=32, height=32, border=0, format=6408, type=5121,
    pixels=0x9656940, unpack=0x8854780, texObj=0x94bc9a8, texImage=0x9647540) at intel_tex_image.c:588
#11 0xb7033d34 in _mesa_TexImage2D (target=3553, level=0, internalFormat=34030, width=32, height=32, border=0, format=6408, type=5121, pixels=0x9656940)
    at main/teximage.c:2278
#12 0x08053f2c in ?? ()
#13 0xb49aa8ff in ?? () from /usr/lib/compiz/libgroup.so
#14 0xb49aa053 in ?? () from /usr/lib/compiz/libgroup.so
#15 0xb49b74f3 in ?? () from /usr/lib/compiz/libgroup.so
#16 0x08071fad in ?? ()
#17 0x0805921b in forEachScreenObject ()
#18 0x080722a2 in ?? ()
#19 0x08052ff3 in compObjectForEachType ()
#20 0x08071fd6 in ?? ()
#21 0x08054298 in forEachDisplayObject ()
#22 0x080722a2 in ?? ()
#23 0x08052ff3 in compObjectForEachType ()
#24 0x08071fd6 in ?? ()
#25 0x0807214d in pushPlugin ()
#26 0x08058735 in eventLoop ()
#27 0x08052c93 in main ()
(gdb) q
A debugging session is active.

	Inferior 1 [process 4123] will be detached.

Quit anyway? (y or n) Detaching from program: /usr/bin/compiz.real.disabled, process 4123

[-- Attachment #3: etracer.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 12829 bytes --]

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0-ubuntu
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu".
Attaching to process 4563
Reading symbols from /usr/games/etracer...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libSM.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libSM.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libICE.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libICE.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libXi.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libXi.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXext.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXext.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXmu.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXmu.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/mesa/lib/libGL.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/mesa/lib/libGL.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libtcl8.5.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libtcl8.5.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread-2.10.1.so...done.
[New Thread 0xb0ef8b70 (LWP 4567)]
[New Thread 0xb16f9b70 (LWP 4566)]
[New Thread 0xb6808b70 (LWP 4564)]
[...]
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libasound.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libasound.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libesd.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libesd.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpulse-simple.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpulse-simple.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpulse.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpulse.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libaudio.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libaudio.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libfusion-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libfusion-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdirect-1.2.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdirect-1.2.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libaa.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libaa.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libcaca.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libcaca.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmikmod.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libmikmod.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsmpeg-0.4.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libsmpeg-0.4.so.0
[...]
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpulsecommon-0.9.19.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpulsecommon-0.9.19.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libwrap.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libwrap.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libdbus-1.so.3...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdbus-1.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
Reading symbols from /lib/libslang.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libslang.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgpm.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgpm.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libncursesw.so.5...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libncursesw.so.5
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl.so.1...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl-2.10.1.so...done.
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libogg.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libogg.so.0
[...]
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
0xb7855424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7855424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb70f7ba6 in *__GI___poll (fds=0xb7178ff4, nfds=1, timeout=-1) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/poll.c:87
#2  0xb701dd80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
#3  0xb701f9d2 in xcb_wait_for_reply () from /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
#4  0xb7734e7e in _XReply (dpy=0x88de9b8, rep=0xbfca061c, extra=0, discard=0) at xcb_io.c:454
#5  0xb7551a30 in DRI2GetBuffersWithFormat (dpy=0x88de9b8, drawable=4194319, width=0x8ca6b74, height=0x8ca6b78, attachments=0xbfca071c, count=2,
    outCount=0xbfca0748) at dri2.c:428
#6  0xb754ff62 in dri2GetBuffersWithFormat (driDrawable=0x8ca6b50, width=0x8ca6b74, height=0x8ca6b78, attachments=0xbfca071c, count=2, out_count=0xbfca0748,
    loaderPrivate=0x8ca6ab0) at dri2_glx.c:435
#7  0xb5b99bf3 in intel_update_renderbuffers (context=0x891d8b0, drawable=0x8ca6b50) at intel_context.c:253
#8  0xb5b9a1d5 in intel_prepare_render (intel=0x897e900) at intel_context.c:395
#9  0xb5bbc423 in brw_try_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x89bc284, prim=0xbfca0880, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001',
    min_index=0, max_index=3) at brw_draw.c:340
#10 brw_draw_prims (ctx=<value optimized out>, arrays=0x89bc284, prim=0xbfca0880, nr_prims=1, ib=0x0, index_bounds_valid=1 '\001', min_index=0, max_index=3)
    at brw_draw.c:441
#11 0xb5c800f9 in vbo_exec_DrawArrays (mode=6, start=0, count=4) at vbo/vbo_exec_array.c:524
#12 0xb5d0091b in _mesa_meta_Clear (ctx=0x897e900, buffers=<value optimized out>) at drivers/common/meta.c:1461
#13 0xb5b9888a in intelClear (ctx=0x897e900, mask=50) at intel_clear.c:182
#14 0xb5bf81b6 in _mesa_Clear (mask=0) at main/clear.c:178
#15 0x0809db76 in ?? ()
#16 0x080b0704 in ?? ()
#17 0x08080fa5 in ?? ()
#18 0x080a806d in ?? ()
#19 0x080818fa in ?? ()
#20 0xb704fb56 in __libc_start_main (main=0x8081580, argc=1, ubp_av=0xbfca0c14, init=0x80c5850, fini=0x80c5840, rtld_fini=0xb7863d20 <_dl_fini>,
    stack_end=0xbfca0c0c) at libc-start.c:220
#21 0x0804dc71 in ?? ()
(gdb) q
A debugging session is active.

	Inferior 1 [process 4563] will be detached.

Quit anyway? (y or n) Detaching from program: /usr/games/etracer, process 4563

@ 2010-03-06 22:24                         ` Maxim Levitsky
       [not found]                         ` <1267914264.6140.3.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-06 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 00:05 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 22:35 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:02:51 +0100
> > Stephan Raue <mailinglists@openelec.tv> wrote:
> >
> > > looks this like my problems that i have reported some days ago with
> > > Subject "Problem using an Mesa based App with recent
> > > xorg/mesa/xf86-video-intel (loop?)" to Mesa-dev, xorg and intel-gfx list?
> > >
> > > i have still this issue, but i dont know what you need for informations
> > > to fix the issues?
> > >
> > > with ati driver i dont have problems, only here with intel driver on my
> > > Thinkpad X200t with intel HDA Graphics card
> > >

> I now see that compiz hangs in same way.
>
> Attached are backtrace of the compiz, and backtrace of etracer which did
> start full screen but became hung on resolution change.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Other info that might help:

I took a look at X and found that it was in normal waiting state
sleeping waiting for input.

Also, I found when 'unstable' mesa would appear to work when I start the
X while 'stable' one is used. It was compiz. When compiz is running
using stable mesa, an game does change the resolution 'usualy' without
hang even if uses unstable mesa.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

@ 2010-03-06 22:55                           ` Florian Mickler
From: Florian Mickler @ 2010-03-06 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:24:24 +0200
Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 00:05 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 22:35 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:

> > I now see that compiz hangs in same way.
> >
> > Attached are backtrace of the compiz, and backtrace of etracer which did
> > start full screen but became hung on resolution change.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > 	Maxim Levitsky
>
> Other info that might help:
>
> I took a look at X and found that it was in normal waiting state
> sleeping waiting for input.
>
> Also, I found when 'unstable' mesa would appear to work when I start the
> X while 'stable' one is used. It was compiz. When compiz is running
> using stable mesa, an game does change the resolution 'usualy' without
> hang even if uses unstable mesa.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

i found that the kernel updates for 2.6.34-rc1 did make the hang time
out... this has to be some vblank issue, i assume...

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again
@ 2010-03-06 23:11                     ` Jesse Barnes
                                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-03-06 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

It would help to know what the server is doing at this point with the
client.  It may be that it put the client to sleep and hasn't woken it
up yet, or there could be something wrong with our getbuffers code in
the new scheme.

Jesse

@ 2010-03-07 10:39                             ` Maxim Levitsky
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-07 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 23:55 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:24:24 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I now see that compiz hangs in same way.
> > >
> > > Attached are backtrace of the compiz, and backtrace of etracer which did
> > > start full screen but became hung on resolution change.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > 	Maxim Levitsky
> >
> > Other info that might help:
> >
> > I took a look at X and found that it was in normal waiting state
> > sleeping waiting for input.
> >
> > Also, I found when 'unstable' mesa would appear to work when I start the
> > X while 'stable' one is used. It was compiz. When compiz is running
> > using stable mesa, an game does change the resolution 'usualy' without
> > hang even if uses unstable mesa.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > 	Maxim Levitsky
>
> i found that the kernel updates for 2.6.34-rc1 did make the hang time
> out... this has to be some vblank issue, i assume...

Note that I did try git master of linus tree, and that didn't help with
the hang at all (now pulled it again, but don't see any  changes in drm
code)

Best regards,
	Maxim Levisky

@ 2010-03-07 15:19                       ` Stephan Raue
       [not found]                       ` <20100307171804.3f64a876@schatten.dmk.lab>
From: Stephan Raue @ 2010-03-07 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jesse,

Am 07.03.2010 00:11, schrieb Jesse Barnes:
> It would help to know what the server is doing at this point with the
> client.  It may be that it put the client to sleep and hasn't woken it
> up yet, or there could be something wrong with our getbuffers code in
> the new scheme.

dont know if this help:

strace output from Xorg (1.1MB):
http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/logfile/xbmc/Xorg.strace

strace output from my Application (1.4MB):
http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/logfile/xbmc/xbmc.strace

i have only strace and gdb installed for debugging, let me know if i
need other programs for debugging.

Stephan

@ 2010-03-07 16:18                       ` Florian Mickler
       [not found]                       ` <20100307171804.3f64a876@schatten.dmk.lab>
From: Florian Mickler @ 2010-03-07 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:11:59 -0800
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> It would help to know what the server is doing at this point with the
> client.  It may be that it put the client to sleep and hasn't woken it
> up yet, or there could be something wrong with our getbuffers code in
> the new scheme.
>
> Jesse

i played a little with parallel debugging of glxgears and X ...

i could manage it somewhat... one problem i had, was that after a
while the screen-saver would disable my displays and then glxgears
wouldnt hang anymore...  (where to disable that?)

the other problem i faced was, that i could
happily step through the dispatch loop in the xserver and could also
break in the dri2GetBuffersWithFormat, but i didn't know what to look
at... what datastructures hold the xserver-side state of the client?

hm.. i think i have to give that another go...

cheers,
Flo

@ 2010-03-07 16:39                         ` The Fungi
From: The Fungi @ 2010-03-07 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx, dri-devel, Mesa, mesa3d-dev

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 05:18:04PM +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
[...]
> i could manage it somewhat... one problem i had, was that after a
> while the screen-saver would disable my displays and then glxgears
> wouldnt hang anymore...  (where to disable that?)
[...]

Some combination of:

xset -dpms

xset s off

xset s noblank

The first one is probably sufficient to keep X from powering down
the display, however.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);

@ 2010-03-07 16:42                 ` Maxim Levitsky
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-07 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 08:02 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:40:27 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, I now have a working setup with mesa
> > > ebbc73d1aed283c9bc4aa2b37bed4374bbaec5b5
> > >
> > > The problem is that I hoped that once all heavy work in regard to KMS
> > > was done, there will be no serious regressions in 3D stack, but only bug
> > > fixes, because it is very hard to track and fix bugs there.
> > >
> > > However, once again 3D stack is in bad shape, and this is not good.
> >

> > More testing shows the following behaviour:
> >

> > Full screen mode is completely busted. As soon as any 3D application
> > switches to full screen mode, even without changing the resolution, it
> > hangs (note that I didn't see GPU hangs due to that)
> >
> > Compiz is broken (its also a full screen app...). As soon as it starts,
> > it draws few windows, and then stalls.
> >
> > In window mode all applications do work.
> >

> > Now I guess this is worth a bugzilla entry.
> > (If this isn't there yet...)
>
> I'm not seeing this on GM45.  I just installed a totally fresh stack on
> a new F12 installation and compiz and games work well.  But please file
> a bug and include everything needed (see intellinuxgraphics.org for the
> list); hope we can find the issue.

Done:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26939

I also opened a bug for other very annoying problem that was present for
long time.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26938

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

@ 2010-03-10 12:04                               ` Florian Mickler
       [not found]                                 ` <1268327128.21985.0.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Florian Mickler @ 2010-03-10 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:39:15 +0200
Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 23:55 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:24:24 +0200
> > Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Other info that might help:
> > >
> > > I took a look at X and found that it was in normal waiting state
> > > sleeping waiting for input.
> > >
> > > Also, I found when 'unstable' mesa would appear to work when I start the
> > > X while 'stable' one is used. It was compiz. When compiz is running
> > > using stable mesa, an game does change the resolution 'usualy' without
> > > hang even if uses unstable mesa.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > 	Maxim Levitsky
> >
> > i found that the kernel updates for 2.6.34-rc1 did make the hang time
> > out... this has to be some vblank issue, i assume...
>

> Note that I did try git master of linus tree, and that didn't help with
> the hang at all (now pulled it again, but don't see any  changes in drm
> code)
>
> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levisky

yeah. i'm sorry. My issues vanished with current git versions of
libdrm,mesa,xserver,xf86-video-intel ... while trying to find out(in
vain) which part of the stack did fix the issue, i noticed that the
xserver-patches in jesse's tree was which changed "hung" into
"timeout"...

hth,
Flo

@ 2010-03-11 17:05                                 ` Maxim Levitsky
       [not found]                                 ` <1268327128.21985.0.camel@localhost.localdomain>
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-11 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 13:04 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:39:15 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 23:55 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:

> > > i found that the kernel updates for 2.6.34-rc1 did make the hang time
> > > out... this has to be some vblank issue, i assume...
> >

> > Note that I did try git master of linus tree, and that didn't help with
> > the hang at all (now pulled it again, but don't see any  changes in drm
> > code)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > 	Maxim Levisky
>
> yeah. i'm sorry. My issues vanished with current git versions of
> libdrm,mesa,xserver,xf86-video-intel ... while trying to find out(in
> vain) which part of the stack did fix the issue, i noticed that the
> xserver-patches in jesse's tree was which changed "hung" into
> "timeout"...

Note that I updated the stack today, but nothing changed.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

@ 2010-03-13 18:28                                   ` Maxim Levitsky
From: Maxim Levitsky @ 2010-03-13 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 19:05 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 13:04 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:39:15 +0200
> > Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Note that I did try git master of linus tree, and that didn't help with
> > > the hang at all (now pulled it again, but don't see any  changes in drm
> > > code)
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > 	Maxim Levisky
> >
> > yeah. i'm sorry. My issues vanished with current git versions of
> > libdrm,mesa,xserver,xf86-video-intel ... while trying to find out(in
> > vain) which part of the stack did fix the issue, i noticed that the
> > xserver-patches in jesse's tree was which changed "hung" into
> > "timeout"...
>

> Note that I updated the stack today, but nothing changed.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Also note that mesa master + xserver-1.7-branch work fine too.
Now xserver-1.7-branch=5a2b3f36a05d1e0fcfd1b0f85d6584478ba24eda

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky