* How can I undersatnd if the userland app is linked using uclibc of glibc?
@ 2010-03-19 17:08 Fabio Giovagnini
From: Fabio Giovagnini @ 2010-03-19 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Codesurgery toolchain supplies both the library; how can I know building the
application the linker used uclibc or glibc?

Thanks a lot.

P.S.
It is very surprising the increasing of performaces you can see passing from
gcc-3-4.5 / linux-2.6.17 to gcc-4.4.1 / linux-2.6.33 (git sh-2.6). REally very
surprising.

Regards

--
Fabio Giovagnini

Aurion s.r.l.
P.I e C.F.
00885711200
Tel. +39.051.594.78.24
Cell. +39.335.83.50.919

* Re: How can I undersatnd if the userland app is linked using uclibc
@ 2010-03-22 10:24 ` Andrew Stubbs
From: Andrew Stubbs @ 2010-03-22 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

On 19/03/10 17:08, Fabio Giovagnini wrote:
> Codesurgery toolchain supplies both the library; how can I know building the
> application the linker used uclibc or glibc?

Answer 1: Use ldd (from glibc) to see what dynamic linker it uses.

Answer 2: The 'interpreter' (dynamic linker) is encoded into the binary
as a string. You can read it out with objdump, readelf or even just strings.

If a dynamic executable is linked against glibc it will use
ld-linux.so.2. If it's linked against uClibc it will use ld-uClibc.so.0.

For statically linked applications, use nm to read the symbol names. If
it has a symbol "__uClibc_main" then it's uClibc, otherwise it's Glibc.

Andrew