* QUESTION- Codesurgery toolchain is usable for userspace app of SH2a + uclibc?
@ 2010-03-21 20:56 Fabio Giovagnini
From: Fabio Giovagnini @ 2010-03-21 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Hi all,
I have used codesurgery lite 4.4-43 and  I can build the kernel and boot it
successfully.

Can I use teh same toolchain for building an userspace application using
uclibc? Is it necessary I link that application as BFLT (using elf2flt) or not?

Thanks a lot
--
Fabio Giovagnini

Aurion s.r.l.
P.I e C.F.
00885711200
Tel. +39.051.594.78.24
Cell. +39.335.83.50.919

* Re: QUESTION- Codesurgery toolchain is usable  for userspace app
@ 2010-03-22 10:28 ` Andrew Stubbs
From: Andrew Stubbs @ 2010-03-22 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

>>> I have used codesurgery lite 4.4-43 and  I can build the kernel
>>> and boot it successfully.

>>> Can I use teh same toolchain for building an userspace
>>> application using uclibc? Is it necessary I link that application
>>> as BFLT (using elf2flt) or not?

> Sorry for the error; I'lll be more carefull in the future. The
> question is: my cpu is sh2a 7203; it has not MMU; in this condition,
> or building an userspace application do I need to link use elf2flt;
> or the use spece allpication will work also if I like using
> sh-linnux-gnu-ld without passing trought elf2flt?

The 4.4-43 toolchain is for SH-4A only. It can build the SH-2A kernel
(but only after a certain kernel version), but cannot build SH-2A user
applications - it does not have to correct multilibs.

Andrew