* Minix subpartition support.
@ 2010-03-18  1:07 Fam Zheng
From: Fam Zheng @ 2010-03-18  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grub-devel

As I'm trying around minix.mod, I found that if a partition is made with
LINUX mkfs.minix, it's well supported by GRUB and can be recognized when
root (hdX,Y).

But when it comes to the partition minix is installed in, GRUB can't
recognize any more,
I think the reason is in this case the partition is subpartition'ed into
three. Then how can I access the files in those subpartitions, do I have to
modify the minix module?

--
Best Regards!

Fam

* Re: Minix subpartition support.
@ 2010-03-26 15:00 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-03-26 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Fam Zheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I'm trying around minix.mod, I found that if a partition is made
> with LINUX mkfs.minix, it's well supported by GRUB and can be
> recognized when root (hdX,Y).

> But when it comes to the partition minix is installed in, GRUB can't
> recognize any more,
> I think the reason is in this case the partition is subpartition'ed
> into three. Then how can I access the files in those subpartitions, do
> I have to modify the minix module?
minix.mod handles only minixfs. Partititions are handled by respective
partition modules. I've just merged subpartitions support. Since minix
subpartition is actually msdos subpartition it may work as is. Please test

> --
> Best Regards!
>
> Fam

Regards