* ssh overflow blacklisting not working properly
@ 2010-03-29  7:31 J. Bakshi
From: J. Bakshi @ 2010-03-29  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Dear list,

Could some one please help me to identify the problem in my ssh overflow
blacklisting rule sets ? I already have these rule sets to prevent ssh
overflow. Please note my firewall is default DROP policy.

#---------------- ssh incoming----------------#

# NB: Block the overflow ip for 3 min
# max 3 connection per min per ip

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport $SSH_PORT -m
hashlimit \
--hashlimit 3/min --hashlimit-burst 1 --hashlimit-htable-expire 180000 \
--hashlimit-mode srcip --hashlimit-name sshlimit -j ACCEPT

As expected connection attempt more than 3 in a min is dropped and
ensure only 3 connection per minute. But It should also block the source
IP for 3 min and this part is not working here. Could any one kindly
suggest any clue or reason behind this ?

Thanks

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী