* [Xenomai-help] What off the shelf system will run Xenomai
@ 2010-04-09 11:14 Serge Gale
From: Serge Gale @ 2010-04-09 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I am very much of a noob in this topic. My company needs a Real Time
OS for development and I have been asked to research the area. I have
no knowledge in this area what so ever so please forgive if I sound
rather dumb.
I have looked at a few available OS's such as VxWorks, RTLinux by
WindRiver and the GPL one and of course Xenomai. My choice is Xenomai,
but what I have to do now is to see what hardware it requires.
Is there are an off the shelf rack unit available that I can buy that
will run Xenomai? I need to specify hardware for the system to run on
so I would greatly appreciate if someone can point me out in the right
direction please.

Many thanks

Serge

* Re: [Xenomai-help] What off the shelf system will run Xenomai
@ 2010-04-09 11:21 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2010-04-09 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge Gale; +Cc: xenomai

Serge Gale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very much of a noob in this topic. My company needs a Real Time
> OS for development and I have been asked to research the area. I have
> no knowledge in this area what so ever so please forgive if I sound
> rather dumb.
> I have looked at a few available OS's such as VxWorks, RTLinux by
> WindRiver and the GPL one and of course Xenomai. My choice is Xenomai,
> but what I have to do now is to see what hardware it requires.
> Is there are an off the shelf rack unit available that I can buy that
> will run Xenomai? I need to specify hardware for the system to run on
> so I would greatly appreciate if someone can point me out in the right
> direction please.

Hi,

On Xenomai web site, you will find a list of the board on which Xenomai
has been tested:
http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Embedded_Device_Support
http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Other_Hardware_Support

Regards.