* How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-01 13:49 Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-01 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

i would like to learn how GNU xorriso can make
use of GRUB.

Are there any specs available, or an example
of a GRUB enhanced ISO 9660 image that boots
from CD on PC BIOSes ?

I know about ECMA-119 (ISO 9660) and El Torito
CD booting specs, but few about GRUB.

In january 2010 Robert Millan announced
GNU isofsmk. In the course of the following
discussions he wrote:
> So if you'd like to create a GRUB bootable disk, you'd do something
> like:
>   cat boot.img core.img > tmp
>   mkisofs --embedded-boot tmp -o grub.iso -r somedir

I did this with isofsmk-1.13 and a dummy file
"tmp" (not boot.img+core.img) in the hope to
learn what kind of El Torito record gets
produced. But i cannot spot any.
mkisofs just copied "tmp" to the System Area in
block 0 to 15 of the ISO image.

So i would need a more realistic test setup
or some explanations.
Any help with a quick start is appreciated.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas

* Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-01 16:59 ` Frombenny
From: Frombenny @ 2010-04-01 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Your question is how to make a cd with grub on it ? Or a way to boot an
iso from grub ?

If it's the second question, I made this page for the ubuntu doc in
French :
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/tutoriel/grub2_lancer_des_images_iso#versions_karmic

With an entry for Ubuntu (for an iso located in an iso folder on
/dev/sda5) like that :

menuentry "ISO Live - Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic AMD64" {
insmod loopback
insmod iso9660
set isofile="/iso/lucid-desktop-amd64.iso"
loopback loop (hd0,5)$isofile
linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz locale=de_DE bootkbd=de console-setup/layoutcode=de iso-scan/filename=$isofile boot=casper file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed noprompt quiet splash --
initrd (loop)/casper/initrd.lz
}

Just change the line "set isofile=" to your version of ubuntu iso.

Benoit

@ 2010-04-01 17:59   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-01 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> Your question is how to make a cd with grub on it ?

Yes.

GNU xorriso is like cdrtools + growisofs in
one single binary.
My question about GRUB on CD shall improve the
mkisofs-like aspect of xorriso. I am able to
influence ISO image production in any detail.
But i need instructions how to prepare it so
that a PC BIOS starts GRUB correctly.

I expect a BIOS to ignore the first 16 blocks
of a CD unless an El Torito record points to
an address in there.

Robert Millan's example
> >    cat boot.img core.img>  tmp
> >    mkisofs --embedded-boot tmp -o grub.iso -r somedir
places GRUB files into those 16 blocks.
But it does not produce an El Torito record
when run with his latest mkisofs and a dummy
file "tmp".
So either his mkisofs wants to see real GRUB
files or my theory about BIOS + CD + GRUB is
wrong.

> menuentry "ISO Live - Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic AMD64" {
> insmod loopback
> insmod iso9660
> set isofile="/iso/lucid-desktop-amd64.iso"

Interesting example. It is astounding what one
can do with a bootloader nowadays.

It would be in my current focus of interest,
if that ISO image itself is equipped with
GRUB and boots from real CD. In that case i
would like to know an URL for downloading it.

@ 2010-04-01 18:22 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-01 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

> i would like to learn how GNU xorriso can make
> use of GRUB.
>
> Are there any specs available, or an example
> of a GRUB enhanced ISO 9660 image that boots
> from CD on PC BIOSes ?
>  =20
GRUB2 iso generated with grub-mkrescue is a bit special: it can be boot
as either CD, HDD or floppy. For CD boot it follows El Torito no
emulation boot. For booting from HDD or floppy it adds bootcode into
begining of iso image. I think you fond only the second part and missed
the first part
> I know about ECMA-119 (ISO 9660) and El Torito
> CD booting specs, but few about GRUB.
>

> In january 2010 Robert Millan announced
> GNU isofsmk. In the course of the following
> discussions he wrote:
>  =20
Robert is unavailable right now but I'll happily discuss GRUB and
xorriso collaboration. Would you mind joining our IRC channel?

--=20
Regards
Vladimir '=CF=86-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko

* Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-01 19:28     ` Drake Donahue
From: Drake Donahue @ 2010-04-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 19:59 +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Your question is how to make a cd with grub on it ?
>
> Yes.
>
> GNU xorriso is like cdrtools + growisofs in
> one single binary.
> My question about GRUB on CD shall improve the
> mkisofs-like aspect of xorriso. I am able to
> influence ISO image production in any detail.
> But i need instructions how to prepare it so
> that a PC BIOS starts GRUB correctly.
>
> I expect a BIOS to ignore the first 16 blocks
> of a CD unless an El Torito record points to
> an address in there.
>
> Robert Millan's example
> > >    cat boot.img core.img>  tmp
> > >    mkisofs --embedded-boot tmp -o grub.iso -r somedir
> places GRUB files into those 16 blocks.
> But it does not produce an El Torito record
> when run with his latest mkisofs and a dummy
> file "tmp".
> So either his mkisofs wants to see real GRUB
> files or my theory about BIOS + CD + GRUB is
> wrong.
>

> > menuentry "ISO Live - Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic AMD64" {
> > insmod loopback
> > insmod iso9660
> > set isofile="/iso/lucid-desktop-amd64.iso"
>
> Interesting example. It is astounding what one
> can do with a bootloader nowadays.
>
> It would be in my current focus of interest,
> if that ISO image itself is equipped with
> GRUB and boots from real CD. In that case i
> would like to know an URL for downloading it.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Attached is a script I use to make a legacy grub booting cd that
provides an alternate way to boot the system it was built on.

[-- Attachment #2: grubcd --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1000 bytes --]

mkdir iso
#mkdir -p iso/boot/grub
cp -rf /boot/ iso/boot/
rm iso/boot/grub/menu.lst
cp iso/boot/grub/grub.conf iso/boot/grub/menu.lst
rm iso/boot/grub/grub.conf*
mkisofs -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o grub.iso iso
#genisoimage -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito \ -input-charset iso8859-1 \ -V "iso" \ -no-emul-boot \ -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o grub.iso iso

#This produces a file named grub.iso, which then can be burned into a CD (or a DVD). mkisofs has already set up the disc to boot from the boot/grub/stage2_eltorito file, so there is no need to setup GRUB on the disc. (Note that the -boot-load-size 4 bit is required for compatibility with the BIOS on many older machines.)

Y#ou can use the device `(cd)' to access a CD-ROM in your config file. This is not required; GRUB automatically sets the root device to `(cd)' when booted from a CD-ROM. It is only necessary to refer to `(cd)' if you want to access other drives as well.

* Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-01 20:25   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-01 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> GRUB2 iso generated with grub-mkrescue is a bit special: it can be boot
> as either CD, HDD or floppy. For CD boot it follows El Torito no
> emulation boot.

Ahum ... grub-1.98/util/grub-mkrescue.in :

  iso_uuid=$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S-00)
  grub_mkisofs_arguments="${grub_mkisofs_arguments} --modification-date=$(echo ${iso_uuid} | sed -e s/-//g)"
  [...]
  grub_mkisofs_arguments="${grub_mkisofs_arguments} -b boot/grub/i386-pc/eltorito.img -boot-info-table \
                --embedded-boot ${embed_img}"
  [...]
  grub-mkisofs ${grub_mkisofs_arguments} --protective-msdos-label -o ${output_image} -r ${iso9660_dir} ${source}

Do i get it right that there are two
boot files:
- eltorito.img for CD
- ${embed_img} for MBR style booting

I don't see the -no-emul-boot option, though.
Are you sure it is effectively used ?
man mkisofs says -b is by default floppy
emulation.

For comparison, this is the official ISOLINUX
production gesture which already works
with xorriso:
  mkisofs -o output.iso \
      -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \
      -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table \
      root-of-iso-tree

So if there is indeed a -no-emul-boot option in
grub-mkrescue then it seems to be mainly about
implementing option --embedded-boot combinable
with the El Torito option -b.

These seem to be Robert's novelties:

  --modification-date         Override modification date
     Probably ECMA-119, 8.4.27,
     Volume Modification Date and Time
     (BP 831 to 847 of Primary Volume Descriptor)

  --protective-msdos-label    Patch a protective DOS-style label in the image
     What is this ?
     How does it look and at what address
     to write it ?

> I'll happily discuss GRUB and
> xorriso collaboration. Would you mind joining our IRC channel?

I would prefer e-mail. Public or private.
It's so nicely asynchronous.

@ 2010-04-01 20:43       ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-01 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

Drake Donahue wrote:
> Attached is a script I use to make a legacy grub booting cd that
> provides an alternate way to boot the system it was built on.
> [...]
> mkisofs -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
> -boot-info-table -o grub.iso iso

This resembles a reply of Joerg Schilling to the
example given by Robert Millan. Joerg wrote
January 10 on cdwrite@other.debian.org mailing
list:
>>   mkisofs -V "$volid" -o xxx.iso -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito
>> -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table somedir

Is that GRUB2 or GRUB-Legacy ?
(I'd like to support both. But GRUB2 is of
 course first goal.)

Well, i see the same options as with ISOLINUX.
So this gesture should already be possible
by xorriso:
  xorriso -as mkisofs ...above.options...

Is there by chance a resulting image available
which i could test and examine ?
(The smaller the better. Booting up to a GRUB
 menu would suffice.)

@ 2010-04-01 20:44     ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-01 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do i get it right that there are two
> boot files:
> - eltorito.img for CD
> - ${embed_img} for MBR style booting

Yes
> I don't see the -no-emul-boot option, though.
> Are you sure it is effectively used ?

In grub-mkisofs:
  { {"no-emul-boot", no_argument, NULL, OPTION_NO_EMUL_BOOT },
      '\0', NULL, N_("Dummy option for backward compatibility"), ONE_DASH },
  { {"eltorito-emul-floppy", no_argument, NULL,
OPTION_ELTORITO_EMUL_FLOPPY },
      '\0', NULL, N_("Enable floppy drive emulation for El Torito"),
TWO_DASHES },
So basically the default is reversed. We can add --no-emul-boot to
grub-mkrescue though
> So if there is indeed a -no-emul-boot option in
> grub-mkrescue then it seems to be mainly about
> implementing option --embedded-boot combinable
> with the El Torito option -b.

Mainly.
Although there are few other things we would like to be possible in future:
- Is it possible to declare the whole iso for hard-disk emulation for
providing emulating image for buggy BIOSes
- Is it possible to have HFS support in xorriso? It would allow merging
PPC grub-mkrescue into generic one.
> These seem to be Robert's novelties:
>
>   --modification-date         Override modification date
>      Probably ECMA-119, 8.4.27,
>      Volume Modification Date and Time
>      (BP 831 to 847 of Primary Volume Descriptor)

Yes, this is needed to know the creation date (which is use as disk
identifier in GRUB) before image is complete.
>   --protective-msdos-label    Patch a protective DOS-style label in the image
>      What is this ?
>      How does it look and at what address
>      to write it ?

This one adds a simple partition table spanning across whole image of
type 0xCD

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-01 20:52         ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-01 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>>>   mkisofs -V "$volid" -o xxx.iso -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito
>>> -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table somedir
>>>

> Is that GRUB2 or GRUB-Legacy ?
> (I'd like to support both. But GRUB2 is of
>  course first goal.)

GRUB Legacy isn't developed anymore. As a matter of fact we don't even
support it anymore.
GRUB Legacy is off-topic on this list in most cases.

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-01 21:47         ` Drake Donahue
From: Drake Donahue @ 2010-04-01 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 22:43 +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Drake Donahue wrote:
> > Attached is a script I use to make a legacy grub booting cd that
> > provides an alternate way to boot the system it was built on.
> > [...]
> > mkisofs -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
> > -boot-info-table -o grub.iso iso
>
> This resembles a reply of Joerg Schilling to the
> example given by Robert Millan. Joerg wrote
> January 10 on cdwrite@other.debian.org mailing
> list:
> >>   mkisofs -V "$volid" -o xxx.iso -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito
> >> -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table somedir
>
> Is that GRUB2 or GRUB-Legacy ?
> (I'd like to support both. But GRUB2 is of
>  course first goal.)
>
> Well, i see the same options as with ISOLINUX.
> So this gesture should already be possible
> by xorriso:
>   xorriso -as mkisofs ...above.options...
>
> Is there by chance a resulting image available
> which i could test and examine ?
> (The smaller the better. Booting up to a GRUB
>  menu would suffice.)

run the script it generates the image, presuming on a linux system

@ 2010-04-01 22:05       ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-01 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

Vladimir '?-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> - Is it possible to declare the whole iso for hard-disk emulation for
> providing emulating image for buggy BIOSes

libisofs.h describes type ELTORITO_HARD_DISC_EMUL
with API call iso_image_set_boot_image().
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elibburnia-team/libisofs/scdbackup/annotate/head%3A/libisofs/libisofs.h

To my knowledge this is not tested yet.
xorriso surely has no option to trigger it.
But that is easily implemented as soon as a
sincere tester shows up.

> - Is it possible to have HFS support in xorriso? It would allow merging
> PPC grub-mkrescue into generic one.

Ouch.

In principle it should work like Joliet:
A complete second directory tree that co-exists
with the ECMA-119/RockRidge tree. They only
share data file contents.
But i have no clue of HFS. Actually i use any
possible excuse to not start working on UDF.

I can promise to help integrating HFS into
libisofs if somebody shows up who has the
necessary HFS knowledge and comprehensive
testing capabilities.

>>   --modification-date         Override modification date
> this is needed to know the creation date (which is use as disk
> identifier in GRUB) before image is complete.

Should not be a big problem. libisofs will get a
new API call for that.
Are there more add-on options which i should
implement ?

>>   --protective-msdos-label    Patch a protective DOS-style label
> This one adds a simple partition table spanning across whole image of
> type 0xCD

To bytes 446 - 509 of the image ?
Type 0xCD in byte 450 ?
Eventually into the data provided by
--embedded-boot ?
(Does it make sense without --embedded-boot ?)

Syslinux isohybrid rounds up the image size
to full MB. (I understand because it sets
64 heads * 32 sectors = 2048 * 512 bytes
per cylinder)
Is that necessary with --protective-msdos-label ?

There must also a curb of nominal cylinder count
(bytes 452,453) to 10 bits.

Does that sound reasonable ?

@ 2010-04-01 22:43         ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-01 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vladimir '?-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
>
>> - Is it possible to declare the whole iso for hard-disk emulation for
>> providing emulating image for buggy BIOSes
>>

> libisofs.h describes type ELTORITO_HARD_DISC_EMUL
> with API call iso_image_set_boot_image().
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elibburnia-team/libisofs/scdbackup/annotate/head%3A/libisofs/libisofs.h
>
> To my knowledge this is not tested yet.
> xorriso surely has no option to trigger it.
> But that is easily implemented as soon as a
> sincere tester shows up.

Should be easily testable with qemu. I can do it. The only problem is
whether we should declare both possibilities in el torito because having
2 possible boots in eltorito is likely to trigger even more bugs. I
think it should be an option to grub-mkrescue which emulation to use.
>> - Is it possible to have HFS support in xorriso? It would allow merging
>> PPC grub-mkrescue into generic one.
>>

> Ouch.
>
> In principle it should work like Joliet:
> A complete second directory tree that co-exists
> with the ECMA-119/RockRidge tree. They only
> share data file contents.
> But i have no clue of HFS. Actually i use any
> possible excuse to not start working on UDF.
>
> I can promise to help integrating HFS into
> libisofs if somebody shows up who has the
> necessary HFS knowledge and comprehensive
> testing capabilities.

I have an imac g3 I could test it on. The only catch is that I have no
burner at home. But it should be manageable. I never looked deeply into
HFS but I think I can do it.

>>>   --modification-date         Override modification date
>>>
>> this is needed to know the creation date (which is use as disk
>> identifier in GRUB) before image is complete.
>>

> Should not be a big problem. libisofs will get a
> new API call for that.
> Are there more add-on options which i should
> implement ?

Other than protective label, not off the top of my head.
>>>   --protective-msdos-label    Patch a protective DOS-style label
>>>
>> This one adds a simple partition table spanning across whole image of
>> type 0xCD
>>

> To bytes 446 - 509 of the image ?
> Type 0xCD in byte 450 ?

Currently we use first and not last entry. You need to:
1) Zero-fill 446-510
2) Put 0x55, 0xAA into 510-512
3) Put 0x80 (for bootable partition), 0, 2, 0 (C/H/S of the start), 0xcd
(partition type), [3 bytes of C/H/S end], 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (LBA
start in little endian), [LBA end in little endian] at 446-462
> Eventually into the data provided by
> --embedded-boot ?

Yes
> (Does it make sense without --embedded-boot ?)

Yes, for example to allow people dd images to USB sticks without a fear
of another OS willing to format the stick.
> Syslinux isohybrid rounds up the image size
> to full MB. (I understand because it sets
> 64 heads * 32 sectors = 2048 * 512 bytes
> per cylinder)
> Is that necessary with --protective-msdos-label ?

No

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-02  9:32           ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-02  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

Drake Donahue wrote:
> > > mkisofs -R -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
> > > -boot-info-table -o grub.iso iso
> run the script it generates the image, presuming on a linux system

Regrettably i cannot spot stage2_eltorito on my
SuSE 10.2 (which has such files but not eltorito)
or on Debian 5.04 (where the GRUB installation
has files like cdboot.img).

The Debian system (where i am novice too) does
have /usr/bin/grub-mkrescue which has the line
  PACKAGE_VERSION=1.96
It uses genisoimage and no --embedded-boot for
a MBR-style image.

So my plan for development looks like this:
- Use grub-mkrescue on Debian to produce a
  bootable CD.
- Examine it and check whether libisofs can
  produce the same. Make necessary enhancements.
- Substitute genisoimage in grub-mkrescue by
  xorriso and produce bootable CD.
- Upgrade Debian to GRUB 1.98 and try to produce
  an image that boots from USB stick and from CD.

This may last a few days. I have to dive into
libisofs and check where we might be glued
to ISOLINUX, inadvertedly.
I will have to learn about GRUB installation
and might need to cry for help.

When i can perform grub-mkrescue gestures, then
i plan to enable hard-disk emulation so that
others (Vladimir ?) can test that.

Vladimir wrote about HFS:
> I have an imac g3 I could test it on. The only catch is that I have no
> burner at home. But it should be manageable. I never looked deeply into
> HFS but I think I can do it.

If you have the time, then try to find specs for
HFS and make a sketch how a HFS tree would
be structured.
I would then prepare hooks in libisofs where
a HFS tree can be generated and inserted into
the emerging ISO image.

Then we could put our knowledge together for
the HFS tree generator.
libisofs holds a tree model of nodes, from which
the image trees get derived. Ideally, i would
have made any needed preparations in the tree
model, and you would know how to express it in
HFS.

This is of course a long term open ended
endeavor.

>>>   --protective-msdos-label
> 3) Put 0x80 (for bootable partition), 0, 2, 0 (C/H/S of the start), 0xcd
> (partition type), [3 bytes of C/H/S end], 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (LBA
> start in little endian), [LBA end in little endian] at 446-462

What number of sectors/head and heads/cylinder
to use ?

32 sectors = 1 head, 64 heads = 1 cylinder
would limit C/H/S size to 1 GB, due to the
10 bit limit of cylinder count.
The partition table format would allow
63 (or 64 ?) sectors, 255 (or 256 ?) heads
= ~ 8 GB.

(isohybrid happily truncates C/H/S size to 1 GB
 and expresses the real size in "LBA end".)

me:
> > --protective-msdos-label without --embedded-boot ?)
Vladimir:
> Yes, for example to allow people dd images to USB sticks without a fear
> of another OS willing to format the stick.

So OSes would pop up dangerous dialogs if they
see a USB stick without partition table ?

I would then have to write all zeros except the
one slot in the partition table ?

Curiosity to fill my lack of MBR knowledge:

How does "0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (LBA start" match
with "0, 2, 0 (C/H/S of the start)" ?
I see in isohybrid a similar addition of 1 to
start sector. So it is obviously correct.
But why ?

Isn't there any field where the number of sectors
per head, and heads per cylinder is recorded ?
Is there a convention to express this in
"C/H/S end" ? isohybrid seems to do so:
 heads-1 , sectors | high(cyls-1) , low(cyls-1)
This gives in the sum the number of cyls.
One could express that easier.
Purpose could be to squeeze in the 1024th cylinder
or to express heads/cyl and sectors/head.

@ 2010-04-02 11:51             ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-02 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,

>> run the script it generates the image, presuming on a linux system
>>

> Regrettably i cannot spot stage2_eltorito on my
> SuSE 10.2 (which has such files but not eltorito)
> or on Debian 5.04 (where the GRUB installation
> has files like cdboot.img).

stage2_eltorito is grub legacy. Please disregard this part
> The Debian system (where i am novice too) does
> have /usr/bin/grub-mkrescue which has the line
>   PACKAGE_VERSION=1.96
> It uses genisoimage and no --embedded-boot for
> a MBR-style image.

1.96 is way too old. Please disregard.
> So my plan for development looks like this:
> - Use grub-mkrescue on Debian to produce a
>   bootable CD.
> - Examine it and check whether libisofs can
>   produce the same. Make necessary enhancements.
> - Substitute genisoimage in grub-mkrescue by
>   xorriso and produce bootable CD.
> - Upgrade Debian to GRUB 1.98 and try to produce
>   an image that boots from USB stick and from CD.

From 1.96 to 1.98 grub-mkrescue was essentially rewritten. Supporting
1.96 (buggy, years old release) is basically a waste of time. Please use
either http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-1.98.tar.gz or bzr checkout
from http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub/.
> This may last a few days. I have to dive into
> libisofs and check where we might be glued
> to ISOLINUX, inadvertedly.
> I will have to learn about GRUB installation
> and might need to cry for help.

Feel free to ask. But please use current versions.
> When i can perform grub-mkrescue gestures, then
> i plan to enable hard-disk emulation so that
> others (Vladimir ?) can test that.

It must be choseable whether to use emulation. By default no emulation
should be used (recent BIOSes have problems with emulation).

http://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/mac/Files/Files-2.html
> and make a sketch how a HFS tree would
> be structured.

Bad news are that it needs B* trees and isn't compatible with embedded
boot trick.
B* trees should be relatively easy to generate since we have to do it
only once and not maintain their structure over time.
> I would then prepare hooks in libisofs where
> a HFS tree can be generated and inserted into
> the emerging ISO image.
>
> Then we could put our knowledge together for
> the HFS tree generator.
> libisofs holds a tree model of nodes, from which
> the image trees get derived. Ideally, i would
> have made any needed preparations in the tree
> model, and you would know how to express it in
> HFS.

Just being sorted is mostly enough. Trouble is that HFS uses its own way
of sorting.

>> 3) Put 0x80 (for bootable partition), 0, 2, 0 (C/H/S of the start), 0xcd
>> (partition type), [3 bytes of C/H/S end], 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (LBA
>> start in little endian), [LBA end in little endian] at 446-462
>>

> What number of sectors/head and heads/cylinder
> to use ?

63/255 as its what is reported on most harddisks. Most modern tools will
ignore this field altogether so putting just anything sane is enough
> me:
>
>>> --protective-msdos-label without --embedded-boot ?)
>>>
> Vladimir:
>
>> Yes, for example to allow people dd images to USB sticks without a fear
>> of another OS willing to format the stick.
>>

> So OSes would pop up dangerous dialogs if they
> see a USB stick without partition table ?

I think they would, especially if they find no FS they expect to (fat).
> I would then have to write all zeros except the
> one slot in the partition table ?

Basically you need a fake partition to avoid disk appear as unformatted

> Curiosity to fill my lack of MBR knowledge:
>

> How does "0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (LBA start" match
> with "0, 2, 0 (C/H/S of the start)" ?
> I see in isohybrid a similar addition of 1 to
> start sector. So it is obviously correct.
> But why ?

Because sector value is 1-based.
> Isn't there any field where the number of sectors
> per head, and heads per cylinder is recorded ?

No. In times when it was a hard property of disk it was deemed
unnecessary. When big disks appeared C/H/S was largely abandoned.
> Is there a convention to express this in
> "C/H/S end" ? isohybrid seems to do so:
>  heads-1 , sectors | high(cyls-1) , low(cyls-1)
> This gives in the sum the number of cyls.
> One could express that easier.
> Purpose could be to squeeze in the 1024th cylinder
> or to express heads/cyl and sectors/head.

  /* The head of the start.  */
  grub_uint8_t start_head;

  /* (S | ((C >> 2) & 0xC0)) where S is the sector of the start and C
     is the cylinder of the start. Note that S is counted from one.  */
  grub_uint8_t start_sector;

  /* (C & 0xFF) where C is the cylinder of the start.  */
  grub_uint8_t start_cylinder;

It's pretty much historical.

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-02 17:10               ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

Vladimir:
> 1.96 is way too old. Please disregard.

Ok. I got grub-1.98.tar.gz yesterday when looking
for the current grub-mkrescue.

> Feel free to ask. But please use current versions.

The urge to upgrade might earn you a whining user.

I will backup the 31.5 kB of pre-partition space
and the Debian partition. So hopefully i can
always roll back.

> > What number of sectors/head and heads/cylinder
> 63/255 as its what is reported on most harddisks. Most modern tools will
> ignore this field altogether so putting just anything sane is enough
> [...]

Ok. I'll assume 63/255 and truncate C/H/S
shortly before 8 GB.

> http://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/mac/Files/Files-2.html

The interesting part seems to begin at
  http://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/mac/Files/Files-99.html
(I hate that "Legacy Document" overlay)

> Bad news are that it needs B* trees

Do i find that in Knuth's "The Art of
Computer Programming" ?
Yep. Volume 3, page 474 looks very similar.
Brand new art of the 1970s. :))

> and isn't compatible with embedded
> boot trick.

Because of the Master Directory Block at
block 3 and because the Partition Map at
block 0 is not compatible with a PC MBR ?

> Just being sorted is mostly enough. Trouble is that HFS uses its own way
> of sorting.

We will have to learn how to express our file
objects as Node Records.
And how do the tree keys map to a hierarchical
file naming system with directories ?

@ 2010-04-02 17:24                 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-02 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>> Feel free to ask. But please use current versions.
>>

> The urge to upgrade might earn you a whining user.

Well, if you develop you have to use current version (IMO).
> I will backup the 31.5 kB of pre-partition space
> and the Debian partition. So hopefully i can
> always roll back.

If you do it with dd then yes.
>> http://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/mac/Files/Files-2.html
>>

> The interesting part seems to begin at
>   http://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/mac/Files/Files-99.html
> (I hate that "Legacy Document" overlay)
>

>> Bad news are that it needs B* trees
>>

> Do i find that in Knuth's "The Art of
> Computer Programming" ?
> Yep. Volume 3, page 474 looks very similar.
> Brand new art of the 1970s. :))

I can't find my copy of Knuth's books. But wikipedia should be enough.
>> and isn't compatible with embedded
>> boot trick.
>>

> Because of the Master Directory Block at
> block 3 and because the Partition Map at
> block 0 is not compatible with a PC MBR ?

Actually for CD to be macppc-bootable it has to have an apple partition
map (at least all hybrid disks I've seen so far followed this
convention). It will go into 16 sector space and we can put real start
of HFS at any point we like
>> Just being sorted is mostly enough. Trouble is that HFS uses its own way
>> of sorting.
>>

> We will have to learn how to express our file
> objects as Node Records.
> And how do the tree keys map to a hierarchical
> file naming system with directories ?

I don't know yet but grub already has read-only hfs implementation. I
think it can be "upgraded" to use for creating hfs.

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-03  8:03                   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-03  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> > The urge to upgrade might earn you a whining user.
> Well, if you develop you have to use current version (IMO).

Sure. As long as i occupy your time i will follow
your proposals.

Nevertheless, at some point i will have to look
at older versions. After all, 1.96 is distributed
with the current Debian release.
Hopefully i will know enough then to help myself
on the first hand.

@ 2010-04-03 14:15                     ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-03 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>> The urge to upgrade might earn you a whining user.
>>>
>> Well, if you develop you have to use current version (IMO).
>>

> Sure. As long as i occupy your time i will follow
> your proposals.
>
> Nevertheless, at some point i will have to look
> at older versions. After all, 1.96 is distributed
> with the current Debian release.
> Hopefully i will know enough then to help myself
> on the first hand.

The point is basically that even if you release 1.96 support right now
it won't make it into distributions before GRUB 1.98 does.
Additionally you must be aware that we don't accept bug reports for 1.96
anymore (and it had enough of bugs). So I would like to ask not to make
this support. At very least it will save you and me few bug reports for
version we don't support.
> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Regards

@ 2010-04-06 11:26                       ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-06 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

i have roughly implemented the missing options
of grub-mkisofs in xorriso and am now comparing
the results.

The ISO image by xorriso boots from CD and from
USB stick. Are there other media types which
would impose a further challenge ?

If so: are there testers who would be willing
to try my ISO image (1.9 MB) on such media ?

It seems that grub-mkisofs does not comply much
to the partition table prescription given by
Vladimir.

The image made by grub-mkisofs has 1550336 bytes
= 757 * 2048 , 3028 * 512.
It bears as partition table:

0000660                                    0080
0000700 0000 00cd 0000 0001 0000 ffff ffff 0000
0000720 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000760 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 aa55

(od -x regrettably produces big-endian 16 bit.
 One has to swap:  00cd  is actually  cd 00 .)

The xorriso image is currently a bit larger
(see below).

1966080 bytes
= 960 * 2048 , 3840 * 2048
xorriso -toc reports:
ISO session  :   1 ,        32 ,       754s , ISOIMAGE

Partition table:

Image size is 32 + 754 = 786 * 2048 = 3144 * 512
= 0x0C48
I insert 0x00000C47 as end LBA (= 0c47 0000).
End C/H/S is c0,h49,s57 (= 31xx 0039).

0000660                                    0080
0000700 0002 31cd 0039 0001 0000 0c47 0000 0000
0000720 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000760 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 aa55

Vladimir: does that look ok for you ?
Is 0x0C47 correct to depict image size 0x0C48 ?
Is my C/H/S computation ok ?
(I understand Wikipedia that way, but am not
sure.)

xorriso produces a larger image because of 64 kB
multi-session preparations, of 300 kB end padding
and of padding to full 32 kB blocks.
Most of this overhead can already be prevented.
I will see whether i can strip the output to
its net size of 754 sectors.

Nevertheless, neither the image of grub-mkisofs
nor of xorriso fit on a vanilla floppy disk.

Is it worth to sacrifice multi-session history
capabilities in order to save 64 kB ?
(If i do not duplicate the ISO superblock then
 i cannot mount older sessions of a multi-session
 ISO image.)

Compatibility question:

Is the help text of grub-mkisofs
  --protective-msdos-label    Patch a protective DOS-style label in the image
essential to any frontend of grub-mkisofs ?

I would prefer to print something more neutral.
Like:
  --protective-msdos-label    Patch System Area by partition table
Any DOS connotation should be obvious by the
option name already.

@ 2010-04-07 12:47                         ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-07 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have roughly implemented the missing options
> of grub-mkisofs in xorriso and am now comparing
> the results.
>
> The ISO image by xorriso boots from CD and from
> USB stick. Are there other media types which
> would impose a further challenge ?

Floppy. (supported for image sizes smaller than 1.44 MiB)
> If so: are there testers who would be willing
> to try my ISO image (1.9 MB) on such media ?

> It seems that grub-mkisofs does not comply much
> to the partition table prescription given by
> Vladimir.

Yes, grub-mkisofs code is a stub. What I described is a correct table
> The image made by grub-mkisofs has 1550336 bytes
> = 757 * 2048 , 3028 * 512.
> It bears as partition table:
>
> 0000660                                    0080
> 0000700 0000 00cd 0000 0001 0000 ffff ffff 0000
> 0000720 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
> *
> 0000760 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 aa55
>
> (od -x regrettably produces big-endian 16 bit.
>  One has to swap:  00cd  is actually  cd 00 .)
>

> The xorriso image is currently a bit larger
> (see below).
>
> 1966080 bytes
> = 960 * 2048 , 3840 * 2048
> xorriso -toc reports:
> ISO session  :   1 ,        32 ,       754s , ISOIMAGE
>
> Partition table:
>
> Image size is 32 + 754 = 786 * 2048 = 3144 * 512
> = 0x0C48
> I insert 0x00000C47 as end LBA (= 0c47 0000).
> End C/H/S is c0,h49,s57 (= 31xx 0039).
>
> 0000660                                    0080
> 0000700 0002 31cd 0039 0001 0000 0c47 0000 0000
> 0000720 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
> *
> 0000760 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 aa55
>
> Vladimir: does that look ok for you ?
> Is 0x0C47 correct to depict image size 0x0C48 ?

Yes
> Is my C/H/S computation ok ?

It looks fine

> xorriso produces a larger image because of 64 kB
> multi-session preparations, of 300 kB end padding
> and of padding to full 32 kB blocks.
> Most of this overhead can already be prevented.
> I will see whether i can strip the output to
> its net size of 754 sectors.
>
> Nevertheless, neither the image of grub-mkisofs
> nor of xorriso fit on a vanilla floppy disk.

We probably need a way to choose a subset of modules for floppies

> Is it worth to sacrifice multi-session history
> capabilities in order to save 64 kB ?
> (If i do not duplicate the ISO superblock then
>  i cannot mount older sessions of a multi-session
>  ISO image.)

Perhaps as an option, not as default.

> Compatibility question:
>
> Is the help text of grub-mkisofs
>   --protective-msdos-label    Patch a protective DOS-style label in the image
> essential to any frontend of grub-mkisofs ?
>
> I would prefer to print something more neutral.
> Like:
>   --protective-msdos-label    Patch System Area by partition table
> Any DOS connotation should be obvious by the
> option name already.

msdos is the name of this partition label

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Regards

@ 2010-04-07 14:11                           ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> > Are there other media types [...] ?
> Floppy. (supported for image sizes smaller than 1.44 MiB)
> [...]
> We probably need a way to choose a subset of modules for floppies

If i squeeze out the overhead, then xorriso
writes 754 * 2048 bytes rather than 757 * 2048
by grub-mkisofs.

At the end of grub-mkrescue i have now:

  ## prog=grub-mkisofs
  prog="xorriso -as mkisofs -no-emul-boot -no-pad"

  # This creates an image without multi-session/Blu-ray overhead
  # by hiding the random access capability of the target file.
  $prog ${grub_mkisofs_arguments} --protective-msdos-label -r ${iso9660_dir} ${source} | cat > ${output_image}

(Possibly the 3 blocks difference comes from
 obsolete RockRidge "RR" entries written by
 mkisofs.)

A first tarball is available with the necessary
program enhancements:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-0.5.3.tar.gz
For overall info see
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso_eng.html

Build:
  ./configure ; make
Installation is not mandatory. One may use it
by the absolute path of ./xorriso/xorriso .
E.g.:
  prog="/home/thomas/xorriso-0.5.3/xorriso/xorriso -as mkisofs -no-emul-boot -no-pad"

There is still no support for option
  --modification-date=
and option -r is still ignored.
(I will implement "reasonable Rock Ridge" soon.
 Although it is an odd thing.)

> > Is it worth to sacrifice multi-session history
> > capabilities in order to save 64 kB ?
> Perhaps as an option, not as default.

It turned out that writing to a recognizable
random-access file or block device brings an
overhead of 64 kB to 126 kB.
Normally not a problem with contemporary media.
But if floppies are of interest ...

@ 2010-04-09 20:53                             ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-09 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

> A first tarball is available with the necessary
> program enhancements:
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-0.5.3.tar.gz
> For overall info see
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso_eng.html
>
> Build:
>   ./configure ; make
> Installation is not mandatory. One may use it
> by the absolute path of ./xorriso/xorriso .
> E.g.:
>   prog="/home/thomas/xorriso-0.5.3/xorriso/xorriso -as mkisofs -no-emul-boot -no-pad"
>
> There is still no support for option
>   --modification-date=
> and option -r is still ignored.
> (I will implement "reasonable Rock Ridge" soon.
>  Although it is an odd thing.)

I've tested and fixed few issues pointed out here earlier (missing
-no-emul-boot, bug in grub-mkrescue). Now it's enough to replace
grub-mkisofs with xorrisofs. Do you know when debian will follow? When
this version is in Debian sid I plan to remove grub-mkisofs

>>> Is it worth to sacrifice multi-session history
>>> capabilities in order to save 64 kB ?
>>>
>> Perhaps as an option, not as default.
>>

> It turned out that writing to a recognizable
> random-access file or block device brings an
> overhead of 64 kB to 126 kB.
> Normally not a problem with contemporary media.
> But if floppies are of interest ...

Unfortunately floppies are of interest. Moreover our modules put
together result in 1146880 bytes tar file. Perhaps we should use some
kind of tar.xz for floppies and not try to squeeze iso.

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-09 22:28                               ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-09 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> Now it's enough to replace grub-mkisofs with xorrisofs.

What about operating systems other than GNU/Linux
and FreeBSD ?

I have running a version of grub-mkrescue which
can deal with grub-mkisofs, genisoimage, and
xorriso. (genisoimage without
--protective-msdos-label and --modification-date)

Maybe it would offer a softer migration path
than flatly urging people to port xorrisofs to
their favorite exotic OS.
Of course i would gladly support any porting
effort, which should be easy as long as one does
not want to use it for burning optical media.

> Do you know when debian will follow? When
> this version is in Debian sid I plan to remove grub-mkisofs

I informed George Danchev about our progress
today. Like so many people he is very occupied
currently.
In charge are the Debian Libburnia packagers.
See
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/libi/libisofs.html

Since Debian covers our dynamic compilations
i will first have to release a new
libisofs-0.6.30 and a new libisoburn-0.5.4.
That should be possible in the next days.
I just have to do some more tests.

Maybe one could try to find testers for
GNU xorriso-0.5.3 on some of the other OSes in
the meantime ?

> Unfortunately floppies are of interest. Moreover our modules put
> together result in 1146880 bytes tar file.

Then you should in any case let xorrisofs
write into a sequential pipe
  | cat > ${output_image}
rather than into a random access file
  -o ${output_image}
  (or  > ${output_image} without cat)
in order to save the overhead of 64 to 126 kB.

Would read support for zisofs be in your reach ?
It is implemented in the Linux kernel iso9660
code since a while. See CONFIG_ZISOFS in
  fs/isofs/*.[ch]

If zlib is provided, then xorriso can produce
zisofs on-the-fly on normal input file trees.
No need to run the mkzftree utility.
(But it can recognize and use the mkzftree
 prepared files too.)

The mkisofs emulation cannot do the on-the-fly
stunt, yet. So this has to look a bit ugly:

  "${mkisofs_prog}" ...
                    ${source} \
                    -- -set_filter_r --zisofs / -- \
                    | cat > ${output_image}

But the result has only 884736 bytes.

We would have to keep some modules uncompressed
i assume.

It can also produce gzipped files on the fly:

   ${mkisofs_prog}" ...
                    ${source} \
                    -- -set_filter_r --gzip / -- \
                    | cat > ${output_image}

Result again has 884736 bytes. Files have suffix
.gz now. Small files may stay uncompressed:

  $ ls -l /mnt/boot/grub/i386-pc
  -r--r--r-- 1 root root  2675 2010-04-10 00:17 afs.mod.gz
  -r--r--r-- 1 root root  1052 2010-04-10 00:17 aout.mod

One could of course apply mkzftree or gzip to
the temporary tree during the grub-mkrescue run.

@ 2010-04-09 22:53                                 ` Seth Goldberg
From: Seth Goldberg @ 2010-04-09 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Quoting Thomas Schmitt, who wrote the following on Sat, 10 Apr 2010:

> Hi,
>
>> Now it's enough to replace grub-mkisofs with xorrisofs.
>
> What about operating systems other than GNU/Linux
> and FreeBSD ?

   I agree, selfishly :).  How about a configure-time test to check for and use
xorriso if it's available, otherwise a fallback to mkisofs, which is much more
ubiquitous.

@ 2010-04-10  7:37                                   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-10  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

me:
> > What about operating systems other than GNU/Linux
> > and FreeBSD ?

Seth Goldberg:
> I agree, selfishly :).

Do you use some of the other OSes ?
If so, would you mind to try what happens if
you do

  tar xzf xorriso-0.5.3.tar.gz
  cd xorriso-0.5.3
  ./configure
  make
  xorriso/xorriso -version

The build system is autotools based. It should
suffice for most systems.
It does compile on all Debian buildd targets
and it did on Solaris a year ago.

@ 2010-04-10 11:09                                     ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-10 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> me:
>
>>> What about operating systems other than GNU/Linux
>>> and FreeBSD ?

I've tested it on FreeBSD and grub-mkrescue worked fine with xorrisofs
except:
1) you need to use gmake instead of make
2) libisofs/util.c: In function 'iso_iconv':
libisofs/util.c:116: warning: passing argument 2 of 'libiconv' from
incompatible pointer type
Changing
#define ICONV_CONST
#define ICONV_CONST const
fixed this warning

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-10 11:57                                       ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-10 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> I've tested it on FreeBSD and grub-mkrescue worked fine with xorrisofs
> except:
> 1) you need to use gmake instead of make

What FreeBSD version is this ?
I test building of xorriso on own FreeBSD 8 and
remotely on FreeBSD 6. My own ones are quite
vanilla. Especially the 8-STABLE.

Do you have a proposal how i could care for
this by configure.ac ?

> libisofs/util.c:116: warning: passing argument 2 of 'libiconv' from
> incompatible pointer type
> #define ICONV_CONST const

Directly in libisofs/util.c ?
(Or somewhere else in the autotools jungle ?)

I know the complaint. It is harmless.
There is code in  acinclude.m4  for that.
But obviously i forgot to use it in configure.ac.
I will check whether i can get that to work.

@ 2010-04-10 12:27                                         ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-10 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I've tested it on FreeBSD and grub-mkrescue worked fine with xorrisofs
>> except:
>> 1) you need to use gmake instead of make
>>

> What FreeBSD version is this ?

8.0
> I test building of xorriso on own FreeBSD 8 and
> remotely on FreeBSD 6. My own ones are quite
> vanilla. Especially the 8-STABLE.
>
> Do you have a proposal how i could care for
> this by configure.ac ?

It's not anything in source, just the instructions. It's:
./configure && gmake
instead of
./configure && make
source is fine
>> libisofs/util.c:116: warning: passing argument 2 of 'libiconv' from
>> incompatible pointer type
>> #define ICONV_CONST const
>>

> Directly in libisofs/util.c ?
> (Or somewhere else in the autotools jungle ?)

I tested it with a change directly.
> I know the complaint. It is harmless.

I know, just wanted to make sure you're aware about this.

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-10 12:57                                           ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-10 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> > What FreeBSD version is this ?
> 8.0
> ./configure && gmake
> instead of
> ./configure && make

Strange. I run 8-RELEASE and 8-STABLE because
of SATA differences. No problems with "make".

What are the negative symptoms on your system ?

> > I know the [iconv] complaint. It is harmless.
> I know, just wanted to make sure you're aware about this.

You made me find that M4 function which i
once copied and prepared but never used.
Now i will try whether it does something useful.
(Then i will ponder whether it is worth the
 risk to break anything in ./configure.)

@ 2010-04-10 15:22                                             ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-10 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Strange. I run 8-RELEASE and 8-STABLE because
> of SATA differences. No problems with "make".
>
> What are the negative symptoms on your system ?

Actually I've just checked and "make" worked too. Just I'm accustomed to
use GNU make (gmake) with all GNU programs which avoids bunch of issues

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-10 23:14                                 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-10 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Now it's enough to replace grub-mkisofs with xorrisofs.
>>

> What about operating systems other than GNU/Linux
> and FreeBSD ?

I've tested under cygwin. Following problems:
1) It tries to build even if no iconv is present
2) I needed to explicitly add LIBS=-liconv to configure depstite
configure properly detecting the need of -liconv. In some commands
actually -liconv was double: one from configure and another from LIBS
but somewhere it's not propagated properly
3) A ton of warnings. Build log attached. At least some warnings seem to
come from cygwin internal problems (e.g. isspace causes "array subscript
is a char") but some may be legitimate
4) GRUB itself had few issues on cygwin. So I've used *.mod and *.img
form GNU/Linux. I'll look into this issue
> I have running a version of grub-mkrescue which
> can deal with grub-mkisofs, genisoimage, and
> xorriso. (genisoimage without
> --protective-msdos-label and --modification-date)
>
> Maybe it would offer a softer migration path
> than flatly urging people to port xorrisofs to
> their favorite exotic OS.
> Of course i would gladly support any porting
> effort, which should be easy as long as one does
> not want to use it for burning optical media.
>

>> Do you know when debian will follow? When
>> this version is in Debian sid I plan to remove grub-mkisofs
>>

> I informed George Danchev about our progress
> today. Like so many people he is very occupied
> currently.
> In charge are the Debian Libburnia packagers.
> See
>   http://packages.qa.debian.org/libi/libisofs.html
>
> Since Debian covers our dynamic compilations
> i will first have to release a new
> libisofs-0.6.30 and a new libisoburn-0.5.4.
> That should be possible in the next days.
> I just have to do some more tests.
>
> Maybe one could try to find testers for
> GNU xorriso-0.5.3 on some of the other OSes in
> the meantime ?

>> Unfortunately floppies are of interest. Moreover our modules put
>> together result in 1146880 bytes tar file.
>>

> Then you should in any case let xorrisofs
> write into a sequential pipe
>   | cat > ${output_image}
> rather than into a random access file
>   -o ${output_image}
>   (or  > ${output_image} without cat)
> in order to save the overhead of 64 to 126 kB.
>

> Would read support for zisofs be in your reach ?
> It is implemented in the Linux kernel iso9660
> code since a while. See CONFIG_ZISOFS in
>   fs/isofs/*.[ch]
>
> If zlib is provided, then xorriso can produce
> zisofs on-the-fly on normal input file trees.
> No need to run the mkzftree utility.
> (But it can recognize and use the mkzftree
>  prepared files too.)
>
> The mkisofs emulation cannot do the on-the-fly
> stunt, yet. So this has to look a bit ugly:
>
>   "${mkisofs_prog}" ...
>                     ${source} \
>                     -- -set_filter_r --zisofs / -- \
>                     | cat > ${output_image}
>
> But the result has only 884736 bytes.
>
> We would have to keep some modules uncompressed
> i assume.
>
> It can also produce gzipped files on the fly:
>
>    ${mkisofs_prog}" ...
>                     ${source} \
>                     -- -set_filter_r --gzip / -- \
>                     | cat > ${output_image}
>
> Result again has 884736 bytes. Files have suffix
> .gz now. Small files may stay uncompressed:
>
>   $ ls -l /mnt/boot/grub/i386-pc
>   -r--r--r-- 1 root root  2675 2010-04-10 00:17 afs.mod.gz
>   -r--r--r-- 1 root root  1052 2010-04-10 00:17 aout.mod
>

> One could of course apply mkzftree or gzip to
> the temporary tree during the grub-mkrescue run.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko

[-- Attachment #1.2: xor.log --]
[-- Type: text/x-log; name="xor.log", Size: 86392 bytes --]

checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... no
checking for fseeko... yes
checking for fseeko... (cached) yes
checking for iconv in -liconv... no
checking for libiconv in -liconv... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... file_magic ^x86 archive import|^x86 DLL
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... no
checking for f77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for cf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for f90... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pghpf... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for g95... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for ftn... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 8192
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC...
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC...
checking if g++ static flag -static works... no
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for struct tm.tm_gmtoff... no
checking whether timegm is declared... yes
checking whether eaccess is declared... yes
checking target operating system...
checking sys/statvfs.h usability... yes
checking sys/statvfs.h presence... yes
checking for sys/statvfs.h... yes
checking for statvfs... yes
checking for overridden pkgconfig directory path... no
checking readline/readline.h usability... no
checking readline/readline.h presence... no
checking for readline/readline.h... no
checking readline/history.h usability... no
checking readline/history.h presence... no
checking for readline/history.h... no
checking sys/acl.h usability... yes
checking sys/acl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/acl.h... yes
checking for acl_to_text in -lacl... no
checking attr/xattr.h usability... yes
checking attr/xattr.h presence... yes
checking for attr/xattr.h... yes
checking for listxattr in -lc... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for compressBound in -lz... yes
enabled  xorriso external filter programs
disabled xorriso external filter programs under setuid
disabled xorriso write size default 64 KB on DVD and BD
disabled use of O_DIRECT with input of -as cdrskin
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating version.h
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT xorriso/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.o -MD -MP -MF "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.Tpo" -c -o xorriso/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.o `test -f 'xorriso/xorriso.c' || echo './'`xorriso/xorriso.c; \
	then mv -f "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.Tpo" "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.Po"; else rm -f "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Sfile_make_argv’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:807: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:812: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_date_weekday’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1269: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1269: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1269: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_date_mday’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1294: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_date_hms’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1311: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1313: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_date_year’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1339: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_date_timezone’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1364: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_xorriso_timestamp’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1512: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1520: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1520: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1526: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1526: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1534: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1534: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1535: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1545: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1545: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1546: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1556: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1556: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Decode_timestring’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:1585: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1596: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:1597: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Splitpart__read_next_num’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:3754: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c:3757: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Xorriso_compare_2_files’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:8095: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘uid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8095: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8095: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘uid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8095: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8101: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘gid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8101: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 5 has type ‘gid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8101: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘gid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c:8101: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 5 has type ‘gid_t’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Xorriso_option_setfattr_listi’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:19034: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/xorriso.c: In function ‘Xorriso_option_speed’:
xorriso/xorriso.c:19173: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT xorriso/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.o -MD -MP -MF "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.Tpo" -c -o xorriso/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.o `test -f 'xorriso/xorrisoburn.c' || echo './'`xorriso/xorrisoburn.c; \
	then mv -f "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.Tpo" "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.Po"; else rm -f "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.o -MD -MP -MF "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.Tpo" -c -o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.o `test -f 'libisoburn/isoburn.c' || echo './'`libisoburn/isoburn.c; \
	then mv -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.Tpo" "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.Po"; else rm -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.o -MD -MP -MF "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.Tpo" -c -o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.o `test -f 'libisoburn/isofs_wrap.c' || echo './'`libisoburn/isofs_wrap.c; \
	then mv -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.Tpo" "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.Po"; else rm -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.o -MD -MP -MF "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.Tpo" -c -o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.o `test -f 'libisoburn/burn_wrap.c' || echo './'`libisoburn/burn_wrap.c; \
	then mv -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.Tpo" "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.Po"; else rm -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.o -MD -MP -MF "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Tpo" -c -o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.o `test -f 'libisoburn/data_source.c' || echo './'`libisoburn/data_source.c; \
	then mv -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Tpo" "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Po"; else rm -f "libisoburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-builder.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-builder.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-builder.o `test -f 'libisofs/builder.c' || echo './'`libisofs/builder.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-builder.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-builder.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-builder.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-node.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-node.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-node.o `test -f 'libisofs/node.c' || echo './'`libisofs/node.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-node.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-node.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-node.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-tree.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-tree.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-tree.o `test -f 'libisofs/tree.c' || echo './'`libisofs/tree.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-tree.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-tree.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-tree.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-image.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-image.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-image.o `test -f 'libisofs/image.c' || echo './'`libisofs/image.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-image.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-image.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-image.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.o `test -f 'libisofs/iso1999.c' || echo './'`libisofs/iso1999.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.o `test -f 'libisofs/fsource.c' || echo './'`libisofs/fsource.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.o `test -f 'libisofs/fs_local.c' || echo './'`libisofs/fs_local.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.o `test -f 'libisofs/fs_image.c' || echo './'`libisofs/fs_image.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-messages.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-messages.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-messages.o `test -f 'libisofs/messages.c' || echo './'`libisofs/messages.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-messages.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-messages.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-messages.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.o `test -f 'libisofs/libiso_msgs.c' || echo './'`libisofs/libiso_msgs.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-stream.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-stream.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-stream.o `test -f 'libisofs/stream.c' || echo './'`libisofs/stream.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-stream.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-stream.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-stream.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util.o `test -f 'libisofs/util.c' || echo './'`libisofs/util.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘iso_dirid’:
libisofs/util.c:638: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘iso_1_fileid’:
libisofs/util.c:680: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c:690: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘iso_2_fileid’:
libisofs/util.c:737: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c:745: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘iso_r_dirid’:
libisofs/util.c:781: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘iso_r_fileid’:
libisofs/util.c:861: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c:888: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘str2d_char’:
libisofs/util.c:1099: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libisofs/util.c: In function ‘str2a_char’:
libisofs/util.c:1133: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.o `test -f 'libisofs/util_rbtree.c' || echo './'`libisofs/util_rbtree.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.o `test -f 'libisofs/util_htable.c' || echo './'`libisofs/util_htable.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.o `test -f 'libisofs/filesrc.c' || echo './'`libisofs/filesrc.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.o `test -f 'libisofs/ecma119.c' || echo './'`libisofs/ecma119.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.o `test -f 'libisofs/ecma119_tree.c' || echo './'`libisofs/ecma119_tree.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.o `test -f 'libisofs/buffer.c' || echo './'`libisofs/buffer.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.o `test -f 'libisofs/rockridge.c' || echo './'`libisofs/rockridge.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.o `test -f 'libisofs/rockridge_read.c' || echo './'`libisofs/rockridge_read.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.o `test -f 'libisofs/joliet.c' || echo './'`libisofs/joliet.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.o `test -f 'libisofs/eltorito.c' || echo './'`libisofs/eltorito.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.o `test -f 'libisofs/data_source.c' || echo './'`libisofs/data_source.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-find.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-find.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-find.o `test -f 'libisofs/find.c' || echo './'`libisofs/find.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-find.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-find.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-find.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-filter.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filter.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-filter.o `test -f 'libisofs/filter.c' || echo './'`libisofs/filter.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filter.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filter.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-filter.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-external.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-external.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-external.o `test -f 'libisofs/filters/external.c' || echo './'`libisofs/filters/external.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-external.Tpo" "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-external.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-external.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.o `test -f 'libisofs/filters/zisofs.c' || echo './'`libisofs/filters/zisofs.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.Tpo" "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.o `test -f 'libisofs/filters/gzip.c' || echo './'`libisofs/filters/gzip.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.Tpo" "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/filters/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.o `test -f 'libisofs/system_area.c' || echo './'`libisofs/system_area.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.o `test -f 'libisofs/make_isohybrid_mbr.c' || echo './'`libisofs/make_isohybrid_mbr.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.o `test -f 'libisofs/aaip_0_2.c' || echo './'`libisofs/aaip_0_2.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-md5.o -MD -MP -MF "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-md5.Tpo" -c -o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-md5.o `test -f 'libisofs/md5.c' || echo './'`libisofs/md5.c; \
	then mv -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-md5.Tpo" "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-md5.Po"; else rm -f "libisofs/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-md5.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-async.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-async.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-async.o `test -f 'libburn/async.c' || echo './'`libburn/async.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-async.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-async.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-async.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.o `test -f 'libburn/cleanup.c' || echo './'`libburn/cleanup.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-debug.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-debug.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-debug.o `test -f 'libburn/debug.c' || echo './'`libburn/debug.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-debug.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-debug.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-debug.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-drive.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-drive.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-drive.o `test -f 'libburn/drive.c' || echo './'`libburn/drive.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-drive.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-drive.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-drive.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libburn/drive.c: In function ‘strip_spaces’:
libburn/drive.c:894: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libburn/drive.c:899: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libburn/drive.c:899: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
libburn/drive.c: In function ‘burn_drive__fd_from_special_adr’:
libburn/drive.c:1348: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.o `test -f 'libburn/ecma130ab.c' || echo './'`libburn/ecma130ab.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-file.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-file.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-file.o `test -f 'libburn/file.c' || echo './'`libburn/file.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-file.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-file.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-file.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-init.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-init.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-init.o `test -f 'libburn/init.c' || echo './'`libburn/init.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-init.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-init.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-init.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.o `test -f 'libburn/libdax_audioxtr.c' || echo './'`libburn/libdax_audioxtr.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.o `test -f 'libburn/libdax_msgs.c' || echo './'`libburn/libdax_msgs.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.o `test -f 'libburn/mmc.c' || echo './'`libburn/mmc.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-null.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-null.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-null.o `test -f 'libburn/null.c' || echo './'`libburn/null.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-null.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-null.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-null.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-options.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-options.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-options.o `test -f 'libburn/options.c' || echo './'`libburn/options.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-options.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-options.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-options.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-read.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-read.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-read.o `test -f 'libburn/read.c' || echo './'`libburn/read.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-read.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-read.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-read.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.o `test -f 'libburn/sbc.c' || echo './'`libburn/sbc.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sector.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sector.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sector.o `test -f 'libburn/sector.c' || echo './'`libburn/sector.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sector.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sector.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sector.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sg.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sg.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sg.o `test -f 'libburn/sg.c' || echo './'`libburn/sg.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sg.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sg.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-sg.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libburn/sg.c: In function ‘intentional_compiler_warning’:
libburn/sg.c:42: warning: unused variable ‘INTENTIONAL_COMPILER_WARNING’
libburn/sg.c:41: warning: unused variable ‘Cannot_recognize_GNU_Linux_nor_FreeBSD’
libburn/sg.c:40: warning: unused variable ‘Have_to_use_dummy_MMC_transport_adapter’
libburn/sg.c:39: warning: unused variable ‘This_libburn_will_not_be_able_to_operate_on_real_CD_drives’
libburn/sg.c:38: warning: unused variable ‘Have_to_use_dummy_MMC_transport_adapter_’
libburn/sg.c:37: warning: unused variable ‘Cannot_recognize_GNU_Linux_nor_FreeBSD_’
libburn/sg.c:36: warning: unused variable ‘INTENTIONAL_COMPILER_WARNING_’
libburn/sg.c: At top level:
libburn/sg.c:35: warning: ‘intentional_compiler_warning’ defined but not used
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-source.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-source.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-source.o `test -f 'libburn/source.c' || echo './'`libburn/source.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-source.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-source.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-source.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-spc.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-spc.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-spc.o `test -f 'libburn/spc.c' || echo './'`libburn/spc.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-spc.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-spc.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-spc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-structure.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-structure.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-structure.o `test -f 'libburn/structure.c' || echo './'`libburn/structure.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-structure.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-structure.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-structure.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-toc.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-toc.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-toc.o `test -f 'libburn/toc.c' || echo './'`libburn/toc.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-toc.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-toc.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-toc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-util.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-util.o `test -f 'libburn/util.c' || echo './'`libburn/util.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-util.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.  -I./libburn -I./libisofs -I./libisoburn -I./xorriso  -DXorriso_standalonE -DXorriso_with_maiN   -DLibisofs_with_aaip_xattR -DXorriso_allow_external_filterS  -DLibisofs_with_zliB    -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT libburn/xorriso_xorriso-write.o -MD -MP -MF "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-write.Tpo" -c -o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-write.o `test -f 'libburn/write.c' || echo './'`libburn/write.c; \
	then mv -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-write.Tpo" "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-write.Po"; else rm -f "libburn/.deps/xorriso_xorriso-write.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG   -o xorriso/xorriso.exe  xorriso/xorriso_xorriso-xorriso.o xorriso/xorriso_xorriso-xorrisoburn.o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-isoburn.o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-isofs_wrap.o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-burn_wrap.o libisoburn/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-builder.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-node.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-tree.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-image.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-iso1999.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fsource.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fs_local.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-fs_image.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-messages.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-libiso_msgs.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-stream.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util_rbtree.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-util_htable.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-filesrc.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-ecma119_tree.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-buffer.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-rockridge_read.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-joliet.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-eltorito.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-data_source.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-find.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-filter.o libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-external.o libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-zisofs.o libisofs/filters/xorriso_xorriso-gzip.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-system_area.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-make_isohybrid_mbr.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-aaip_0_2.o libisofs/xorriso_xorriso-md5.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-async.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-cleanup.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-debug.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-drive.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-ecma130ab.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-file.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-init.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_audioxtr.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-libdax_msgs.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-mmc.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-null.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-options.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-read.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sbc.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sector.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-sg.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-source.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-spc.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-structure.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-toc.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-util.o libburn/xorriso_xorriso-write.o -lpthread  -lz -liconv -liconv
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.     -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT test/test_compare_file-compare_file.o -MD -MP -MF "test/.deps/test_compare_file-compare_file.Tpo" -c -o test/test_compare_file-compare_file.o `test -f 'test/compare_file.c' || echo './'`test/compare_file.c; \
	then mv -f "test/.deps/test_compare_file-compare_file.Tpo" "test/.deps/test_compare_file-compare_file.Po"; else rm -f "test/.deps/test_compare_file-compare_file.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
test/compare_file.c: In function ‘Compare_2_files’:
test/compare_file.c:129: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘uid_t’
test/compare_file.c:129: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘uid_t’
test/compare_file.c:129: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘uid_t’
test/compare_file.c:129: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘uid_t’
test/compare_file.c:133: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘gid_t’
test/compare_file.c:133: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘gid_t’
test/compare_file.c:133: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘gid_t’
test/compare_file.c:133: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘gid_t’
/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG   -o test/compare_file.exe  test/test_compare_file-compare_file.o  -lz -liconv -liconv
if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xorriso\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xorriso\ 0.5.3\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://libburnia-project.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"xorriso\" -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_FSEEKO=1 -DHAVE_LIBICONV=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_EACCESS=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I.     -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG -MT xorriso/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.o -MD -MP -MF "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.Tpo" -c -o xorriso/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.o `test -f 'xorriso/make_xorriso_1.c' || echo './'`xorriso/make_xorriso_1.c; \
	then mv -f "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.Tpo" "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.Po"; else rm -f "xorriso/.deps/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
xorriso/make_xorriso_1.c: In function ‘Mx1__get_word’:
xorriso/make_xorriso_1.c:62: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
xorriso/make_xorriso_1.c:66: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -DLibburn_os_has_statvfS -g -pedantic -Wall -DDEBUG   -o xorriso/make_xorriso_1.exe  xorriso/xorriso_make_xorriso_1-make_xorriso_1.o  -lz -liconv -liconv

* Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-11  7:46                                   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-11  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

many thanks for testing xorriso in new
situations.

> 1) It tries to build even if no iconv is present

The tests in configure.ac resp. acinclude.m4
are too lax, obviously. They aim for finding
out whether one needs -liconv or not. But they
don't assure that iconv() works.
I will have to make experiments with a
non-existing dummy function, as it seems
impossible to disable iconv() on Linux.

> 2) I needed to explicitly add LIBS=-liconv to configure depstite
> configure properly detecting the need of -liconv. In some commands
> actually -liconv was double: one from configure and another from LIBS
> but somewhere it's not propagated properly

This sounds a bit like a bug in autotools.

But in the log you sent, i only find them in
pairs. Obviously one from LIBS= and one from
  dnl GNU iconv has no function iconv() but libiconv() and a macro iconv()
  AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv, libiconv, , )

Are you sure that the lack of -liconv was not
due to libiconv missing initially ?

> 3) A ton of warnings.

The implementation of the isspace() family seems
not to be liked by the compiler. Shrug.

I found legitimate warnings about putting out
uid_t and gid_t by printf formatter "%d".
(Question is whether (int) is a suitable cast
 in this case.)

Then there is the intentional warning that no
MMC system adapter is available for operating
optical drives directly.
  libburn/sg.c:42: warning: unused variable INTENTIONAL_COMPILER_WARNING
  libburn/sg.c:39: warning: unused variable This_libburn_will_not_be_able_to_operate_on_real_CD_drives

This does not hamper the GRUB use case. One will
just need cdrecord for burning the CD, rather
than letting xorriso do:
  xorriso -as cdrecord -v dev=... blank=as_needed my_grub.iso

So mainly the LIBS=-liconv remains as build
obstacle.

I have changed the iconv detection code in
configure.ac meanwhile (to care for the "const"
ambiguity on FreeBSD). A new tarball
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-0.5.3.tar.gz
is uploaded.

  cat xorriso/xorriso_timestamp.h
should say
  #define Xorriso_timestamP "2010.04.10.180103"
or later.

Could you please try it on cygwin without LIBS=
(but libiconv installed) and send me the log of
the failing compile run ?

If nothing else helps then i plan to set
  LIBS="$LIBS -liconv"
in a special cygwin case in acinclude.m4.
(Do you know a reliable test pattern for cygwin ?
 Like *-*-linux* for Linux.)

For now the double -liconv options give me hope
that it could work without that.

@ 2010-04-11 12:29                                     ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-11 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> many thanks for testing xorriso in new
> situations.
>

>> 1) It tries to build even if no iconv is present
>>

> The tests in configure.ac resp. acinclude.m4
> are too lax, obviously. They aim for finding
> out whether one needs -liconv or not. But they
> don't assure that iconv() works.
> I will have to make experiments with a
> non-existing dummy function, as it seems
> impossible to disable iconv() on Linux.

I think what you should check for is iconv.h since this missing header
caused compilation problem. Moreover it covers the case of libiconv w/o
libiconv-devel.

>> 2) I needed to explicitly add LIBS=-liconv to configure depstite
>> configure properly detecting the need of -liconv. In some commands
>> actually -liconv was double: one from configure and another from LIBS
>> but somewhere it's not propagated properly
>>

> This sounds a bit like a bug in autotools.
>
> But in the log you sent, i only find them in
> pairs. Obviously one from LIBS= and one from
>   dnl GNU iconv has no function iconv() but libiconv() and a macro iconv()
>   AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv, libiconv, , )
>
> Are you sure that the lack of -liconv was not
> due to libiconv missing initially ?

You're right it was some leftover in build directory. When I rebuild
from clean untar it worked fine.

>> 3) A ton of warnings.
>>

> The implementation of the isspace() family seems
> not to be liked by the compiler. Shrug.
>
> I found legitimate warnings about putting out
> uid_t and gid_t by printf formatter "%d".
> (Question is whether (int) is a suitable cast
>  in this case.)

/usr/include/sys/cygwin.h:typedef unsigned long __uid32_t;
So you need to use %lu or %lx on cygwin.
> Then there is the intentional warning that no
> MMC system adapter is available for operating
> optical drives directly.
>   libburn/sg.c:42: warning: unused variable INTENTIONAL_COMPILER_WARNING
>   libburn/sg.c:39: warning: unused variable This_libburn_will_not_be_able_to_operate_on_real_CD_drives
>
> This does not hamper the GRUB use case. One will
> just need cdrecord for burning the CD, rather
> than letting xorriso do:
>   xorriso -as cdrecord -v dev=... blank=as_needed my_grub.iso

> So mainly the LIBS=-liconv remains as build
> obstacle.
>
> I have changed the iconv detection code in
> configure.ac meanwhile (to care for the "const"
> ambiguity on FreeBSD). A new tarball
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-0.5.3.tar.gz
> is uploaded.
>
>   cat xorriso/xorriso_timestamp.h
> should say
>   #define Xorriso_timestamP "2010.04.10.180103"
> or later.
>
> Could you please try it on cygwin without LIBS=
> (but libiconv installed) and send me the log of
> the failing compile run ?

I've tested with previous tarball. I'll retest on both systems with new one.
> If nothing else helps then i plan to set
>   LIBS="$LIBS -liconv"
> in a special cygwin case in acinclude.m4.
> (Do you know a reliable test pattern for cygwin ?
>  Like *-*-linux* for Linux.)
>
> For now the double -liconv options give me hope
> that it could work without that.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Regards

@ 2010-04-11 12:56                                       ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-11 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> I think what you should check for is iconv.h since this missing header
> caused compilation problem.

I have become quite radical and make a
test compilation and linking of all <*.h>
in libisofs/util.c and the basic iconv functions.
If that fails, then ./configure aborts after
reporting.

The first three tests shall find out how to get it
to work:

  checking for iconv() in separate -liconv ... no
  checking for libiconv in -liconv... no
  checking for const qualifier with iconv() ... const

Then i insist in having it:

  checking for iconv() to be accessible now ... no

  Cannot get function iconv() to work. Configuration aborted.
  Check whether your system needs a separate libiconv installed.
  If it is installed but not found, try something like
    export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib"
    export CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include"
    export LIBS="$LIBS -liconv"
  You may override this test by exporting variable
    XORRISO_ASSUME_ICONV=yes

> You're right it [LIBS=-liconv]
> was some leftover in build directory. When I rebuild
> from clean untar it worked fine.

Whew. Broken autotools would be a drag.

> /usr/include/sys/cygwin.h:typedef unsigned long __uid32_t;
> So you need to use %lu or %lx on cygwin.

Ahum.
Although "(int)" would technically suffice and
"(unsigned long)" would suffice for all known
cases, i ponder whether i should use
  "%.f", (double) ...

The purpose is just to tell the user that
different UID or GID was found when comparing
files.

> I've tested with previous tarball. I'll retest on both systems with new one.

I uploaded the next one meanwhile
  2010.04.11.122253
with the new test for accessible iconv() and
"(int)" conversion of uid,gid.

@ 2010-04-11 17:32                                         ` Colin Watson
From: Colin Watson @ 2010-04-11 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 02:56:37PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> > /usr/include/sys/cygwin.h:typedef unsigned long __uid32_t;
> > So you need to use %lu or %lx on cygwin.
>
> Ahum.
> Although "(int)" would technically suffice and
> "(unsigned long)" would suffice for all known
> cases, i ponder whether i should use
>   "%.f", (double) ...

C99 has uintmax_t and %ju.  If you don't want to rely on C99, unsigned
long long and %llu would probably be best.

I wouldn't use FP for this.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]

* Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-17 14:55                                         ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-17 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> /usr/include/sys/cygwin.h:typedef unsigned long __uid32_t;
>> So you need to use %lu or %lx on cygwin.
>>

> Ahum.
> Although "(int)" would technically suffice and
> "(unsigned long)" would suffice for all known
> cases, i ponder whether i should use
>   "%.f", (double) ...

double would make no sense. long long int would cover all the cases.
Good news is that now warning is gone.

I'm looking now into efi booting and (thanks Seth Goldberg for pointing
to right doc and explaining it a bit) it's basically standard no-emul
eltorito except:
platform_id[0] = 0xef;
No isolinux patching (could this one be disabled by default?)
load_sectors should be set to the size of whole image instead of just 4
sectors (I think it should be the case for normal eltorito as well but
since many BIOSes bug with >4 sectors it's not that important).
Can we have a --efi-boot <image> option which will do this?

On another note: can it be ensured that boot images and files boot/grub
directory? I've come across a bug which seems to be triggered by images
being after 2GiB mark on DVD.

--
Regards

@ 2010-04-17 17:52                                           ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-17 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

Vladimir Serbinenko:
> efi booting [...] it's basically standard no-emul
> eltorito except:
> platform_id[0] = 0xef;

I assume you mean the Platform ID as of El Torito
specs about the Boot Catalog and its Validation
Entry. (Chapter 2, figure 2)

That should be easy to test.
In libisofs/eltorito.c, there is a line
    ve->platform_id[0] = 0; /* 0: 80x86, 1: PowerPC, 2: Mac */

A bit more work will be to make this controllable
by the libisofs API.

> No isolinux patching (could this one be disabled by default?)

You mean mkisofs -boot-info-table ?
(Code in libisofs/eltorito.c :
  int patch_boot_image(uint8_t *buf, Ecma119Image *t, size_t imgsize)
)

Just yesterday i moved that setting from option
-b to option -boot-info-table, which was a noop.
So if you omit -boot-info-table then patching
should be disabled.

Before i release xorriso-0.5.4 i will make a
(dummy) test.

> load_sectors should be set to the size of whole
> image instead of just 4 sectors

You mean mkisofs -boot-load-size ?
This is implemented in -as mkisofs emulation.
For a test you may set it manually.
Unit is 512 bytes. Default is 4.

> Can we have a --efi-boot <image> option which will do this?

This shall then determine the -boot-load-size
from the size of the <image> file ?
Should be possible.

But it seems more natural to state

  -b <image> --efi-boot

in comparison to traditional

  -b <image> -boot-info-table

Whatever, except the small hardcoded change in
 libisofs/eltorito.c
the currently uploaded xorriso-0.5.3 with time
stamp 2010.04.17.171232 should already be able
to produce such an ISO image.
If a missing option -boot-info-table causes
problems, then i will solve them soon.

Please make a test. I can only check by od,
but have no idea how to prepare something that
would really boot.

> On another note: can it be ensured that boot images and files boot/grub
> directory? I've come across a bug which seems to be triggered by images
> being after 2GiB mark on DVD.

There seem words missing around "directory".

Do i get it right that you want the LBA of the
boot catalog and the boot image to be as low
as possible ?

I will have to explore how i can achieve that.

Today i released libisofs-0.6.30. It will be the
fundament of libisoburn-0.5.4, which i plan to
release in the next few days, together with GNU
xorriso-0.5.4.
Then we can urge distribution maintainers to
update their packages.

The API change for adjustable Platform ID would
become part of libisofs-0.6.32 and xorriso-0.5.6.

@ 2010-04-17 18:04                                             ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-17 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vladimir Serbinenko:
>
>> efi booting [...] it's basically standard no-emul
>> eltorito except:
>> platform_id[0] = 0xef;
>>

> I assume you mean the Platform ID as of El Torito
> specs about the Boot Catalog and its Validation
> Entry. (Chapter 2, figure 2)
>
> That should be easy to test.
> In libisofs/eltorito.c, there is a line
>     ve->platform_id[0] = 0; /* 0: 80x86, 1: PowerPC, 2: Mac */

Yes. I attach the patch I used for dirty checks
> A bit more work will be to make this controllable
> by the libisofs API.

This is exactly why I asked you: I'm not familiar with these internals.

>> No isolinux patching (could this one be disabled by default?)
>>

> You mean mkisofs -boot-info-table ?
> (Code in libisofs/eltorito.c :
>   int patch_boot_image(uint8_t *buf, Ecma119Image *t, size_t imgsize)
> )
>
> Just yesterday i moved that setting from option
> -b to option -boot-info-table, which was a noop.
> So if you omit -boot-info-table then patching
> should be disabled.

Thanks.
>> load_sectors should be set to the size of whole
>> image instead of just 4 sectors
>>

> You mean mkisofs -boot-load-size ?
> This is implemented in -as mkisofs emulation.
> For a test you may set it manually.
> Unit is 512 bytes. Default is 4.

Why not to determine it from file size by default?

>> Can we have a --efi-boot <image> option which will do this?
>>

> This shall then determine the -boot-load-size
> from the size of the <image> file ?

Yes
> Should be possible.
>
> But it seems more natural to state
>
>   -b <image> --efi-boot
>
> in comparison to traditional
>
>   -b <image> -boot-info-table

The problem is that I would like to have efi+bios cd with 2 eltorito
entries: one with platformid=0 and another one with platformid=0xef. It
seems to me that it's unachievable with this syntax.
> Whatever, except the small hardcoded change in
>  libisofs/eltorito.c
> the currently uploaded xorriso-0.5.3 with time
> stamp 2010.04.17.171232 should already be able
> to produce such an ISO image.
> If a missing option -boot-info-table causes
> problems, then i will solve them soon.
>
> Please make a test. I can only check by od,
> but have no idea how to prepare something that
> would really boot.

Ok, I'll test it later today.

>> On another note: can it be ensured that boot images and files boot/grub
>> directory? I've come across a bug which seems to be triggered by images
>> being after 2GiB mark on DVD.
>>

> There seem words missing around "directory".
>
> Do i get it right that you want the LBA of the
> boot catalog and the boot image to be as low
> as possible ?

Yes and also the offset to files from boot/grub and metadata to reach it
too.
> I will have to explore how i can achieve that.

> Today i released libisofs-0.6.30. It will be the
> fundament of libisoburn-0.5.4, which i plan to
> release in the next few days, together with GNU
> xorriso-0.5.4.
> Then we can urge distribution maintainers to
> update their packages.
>

> The API change for adjustable Platform ID would
> become part of libisofs-0.6.32 and xorriso-0.5.6.

Ok

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko

[-- Attachment #1.2: xorriso_efi_dirty.diff --]
[-- Type: text/x-diff; name="xorriso_efi_dirty.diff", Size: 1347 bytes --]

diff -ur xorriso-0.5.3/libisofs/eltorito.c xorriso-0.5.3-mod//libisofs/eltorito.c
--- xorriso-0.5.3/libisofs/eltorito.c	2010-04-13 18:16:58.000000000 +0200
+++ xorriso-0.5.3-mod//libisofs/eltorito.c	2010-04-17 16:00:42.452627715 +0200
@@ -552,7 +555,7 @@
     struct el_torito_validation_entry *ve =
         (struct el_torito_validation_entry*)buf;
     ve->header_id[0] = 1;
-    ve->platform_id[0] = 0; /* 0: 80x86, 1: PowerPC, 2: Mac */
+    ve->platform_id[0] = 0xef; /* 0: 80x86, 1: PowerPC, 2: Mac */
     ve->key_byte1[0] = 0x55;
     ve->key_byte2[0] = 0xAA;

@@ -787,6 +790,8 @@
     uint32_t checksum;
     size_t offset;

+    return ISO_SUCCESS;
+
     if (imgsize < 64) {
         return iso_msg_submit(t->image->id, ISO_ISOLINUX_CANT_PATCH, 0,
             "Isolinux image too small. We won't patch it.");
--- xorriso-0.5.3/xorriso/xorriso.c	2010-04-13 18:16:58.000000000 +0200
+++ xorriso-0.5.3-mod//xorriso/xorriso.c	2010-04-17 15:25:22.649625656 +0200
@@ -4882,7 +4882,7 @@
  m->boot_image_bin_form[0]= 0;
  m->boot_image_emul= 0;
  m->boot_image_cat_path[0]= 0;
- m->boot_image_load_size= 4 * 512;     /* hearsay out of libisofs/demo/iso.c */
+ m->boot_image_load_size= 2880 * 2 * 512;     /* hearsay out of libisofs/demo/iso.c */

 #ifdef Xorriso_with_isohybriD
  m->boot_image_isohybrid= 1;

* Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
@ 2010-04-17 19:39                                               ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-17 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> I attach the patch I used for dirty checks

Oh. You already tested.
And ? Did it boot ?

> > Just yesterday i moved that setting from option
> > -b to option -boot-info-table,
> Thanks.

Even better: i now tested that omitting
-boot-info-table really prevents the patcher
function.

> Why not to determine it [-boot-load-size] from
> file size by default?

Because mkisofs doesn't do that, afaik.
One never knows what happens if one deviates from
the old ways by default.
(See Joliet and grub 1.96. I now go the old
way by default. So grub-mkrescue 1.96 boots from
CD.)

> The problem is that I would like to have efi+bios cd with 2 eltorito
> entries: one with platformid=0 and another one with platformid=0xef.

Ahum. More than one boot table entry.
Would they point to different boot images ?

I.e would we have
  -b <BIOS-image> [-boot-info-table] --efi-boot <EFI-image>

Is it possible to get an exact prescription, what
info to write at which byte in the boot catalog ?

I have a PDF: El Torito 1.0, January 25, 1995.
Figure 1, "Multiple Boot-Image Configuration"
seems to be what you intend.
I will try to match this with the existing code
in libisofs (by Vreixo Formoso).

> > Do i get it right that you want the LBA [...]
> > to be as low as possible ?
> Yes and also the offset to files from boot/grub
> and metadata to reach it

I learned meanwhile that there is a feature
"weight" in libisofs by which one can influence
the sequence of the data LBAs. An IsoNode with
high weight will get a low LBA.

So this is merely a matter of suitable options
in xorriso, by which one can put weight on files.

@ 2010-04-17 20:30                                                 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-17 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I attach the patch I used for dirty checks
>>

> Oh. You already tested.
> And ? Did it boot ?

Yes it booted in qemu-tianocore.
>> Why not to determine it [-boot-load-size] from
>> file size by default?
>>

> Because mkisofs doesn't do that, afaik.
> One never knows what happens if one deviates from
> the old ways by default.

Ok, legacy :(. But --efi-boot would have no legacy.
> (See Joliet and grub 1.96. I now go the old
> way by default. So grub-mkrescue 1.96 boots from
> CD.)

It was a grub bug.

>> The problem is that I would like to have efi+bios cd with 2 eltorito
>> entries: one with platformid=0 and another one with platformid=0xef.
>>

> Ahum. More than one boot table entry.
> Would they point to different boot images ?

Yes
> I.e would we have
>   -b <BIOS-image> [-boot-info-table] --efi-boot <EFI-image>

Yes. Prototype is available at
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/people/phcoder/rescue-efi/ .
> Is it possible to get an exact prescription, what
> info to write at which byte in the boot catalog ?

BIOS+EFI one should look like
Validation entry with id = 0
Default entry  (BIOS). I would like that on hybrid BIOS always come in
default entry to avoid hitting BIOS bugs
Section header entry: 0x91, 0xef, 0x0001, 0, ..., 0
Section entry: 0x88, 0x00, 0x0000, 0, 0, <number of sectors in EFI boot
image>, <LBA start>, 0, ..., 0
In case of just EFI the Section header entry and Section entry become
Validation entry and default entry.
> I have a PDF: El Torito 1.0, January 25, 1995.
> Figure 1, "Multiple Boot-Image Configuration"
> seems to be what you intend.
> I will try to match this with the existing code
> in libisofs (by Vreixo Formoso).

>>> Do i get it right that you want the LBA [...]
>>> to be as low as possible ?
>>>
>> Yes and also the offset to files from boot/grub
>> and metadata to reach it
>>

> I learned meanwhile that there is a feature
> "weight" in libisofs by which one can influence
> the sequence of the data LBAs. An IsoNode with
> high weight will get a low LBA.
>
> So this is merely a matter of suitable options
> in xorriso, by which one can put weight on files.

Nice

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Regards

@ 2010-04-18 11:26                                                   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-18 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

> Ok, legacy :(. But --efi-boot would have no legacy.

--efi-boot will be all at your service. :))
The more definite your wishes, the more swift
their implementation.

Maybe we should call it --efi-grub-boot just
to make clear whom it cares for ?

Shall the --efi* option have any influence on
the BIOS boot stuff except the boot catalog ?
(Default Entry, BIOS boot image, ...)

> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/people/phcoder/rescue-efi/

My bzr is too old for that. :(
It is from 2009. Hrmpf.
Is there a web interface to browse the source
for a first glimpse ?

> BIOS+EFI one should look like ...

Ok. I will start this in a few days.
Keep your test environment ready. :))

xorriso-0.5.3 timestamp 2010.04.18.100814
allows to set LBA sorting weights.
Within the mkisofs emulation it is:

  --sort-weight number ISO-path

If ISO-path is a directory, then its whole tree
is affected. --sort-weight can get overridden by
further --sort-weight options. They get applied
after all files are added to the image.

The boot catalog already has a hardcoded weight
of 1000 in libisofs. It cannot be influenced by
--sort-weight because it gets created after the
image manipulations are done.
The boot catalog of grub-mkrescue has no ISO-path
anyway (no option -c).

So in grub-mkrescue , this would give all files
weight 0, then override the /boot/grub tree by 1,
and the -b file by 2:

  --sort-weight 0 / \
  --sort-weight 1 /boot/grub \
  --sort-weight 2 /boot/grub/i386-pc/eltorito.img \

After the image is written, xorriso can display
the data LBAs of regular files:

  xorriso \
     -indev image.iso \
     -find / -sort_lba -exec report_lba -- \
     2>/dev/null | less

yields:
  Report layout: xt , Startlba ,   Blocks , Filesize , ISO image path
  File data lba:  0 ,       38 ,       12 ,    24317 , '/boot/grub/i386-pc/eltorito.img'
  File data lba:  0 ,       50 ,        6 ,    10564 , '/boot/grub/i386-pc/acpi.mod'

For the boot catalog LBA, one has to peek binary
(even if there was a ISO-path leading to it).
This reads the LBA word from El Torito record:

  dd if=image.iso bs=1 skip=34887 count=4 \
     2>/dev/null | od -x

yields LBA 37 (decimal)
  0000000 0025 0000

(There is a mkisofs option -sort with a file as
 argument where single files get a weight.
 Wildcards are promised in mkisofs/README.sort.
 For now i deem that rather unappealing.)

I will now finish multi-session MBR handling and
release libisoburn-0.5.4.
Then begins the next development cycle with EFI,
adjustable boot catalog weight, ...

@ 2010-04-18 12:41                                                   ` Thomas Schmitt
From: Thomas Schmitt @ 2010-04-18 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

i have to correct myself:
> The boot catalog of grub-mkrescue has no ISO-path
> anyway (no option -c).

There is a boot catalog path in grub-mkrescue.
  -c /boot/grub/i386-pc/boot_catalog

@ 2010-04-24 19:54                                                     ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-04-24 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB