* Need Info
@ 2010-04-18 12:34 linux newbie
From: linux newbie @ 2010-04-18 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

Hi,

On my embedded PXA255 platform, we have working USB module. ISP1362 is the
controller. Recently we want to integrate Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam
and want to take still images.

Linux kernel is 2.6.26.3 and we enabled V4L2 and UVC class drivers. On
plugging the Cam and querying the proc and sys file system, I can able to
view cam details.

I want to capture the frame (preferably in jpeg) and write to a file. Is
there any example code for that? I went through the below web page
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html, but if you can
suggest some more example, it will be of great help to me.

Thanks

* Re: [Bulk] Need Info
@ 2010-04-18 15:08 ` CityK
       [not found]   ` <u2wa64f67eb1004190159w11e6f6c6r6b9ec6fac6a409a3@mail.gmail.com>
From: CityK @ 2010-04-18 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux newbie, Linux-media, video4linux-list

Hi,

the video4linux mailing list is all but dead and has been superseded by
the linux-media mailing list (Lmml). I've cc'ed the Lmml with this reply.

linux newbie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my embedded PXA255 platform, we have working USB module. ISP1362 is the
> controller. Recently we want to integrate Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam
> and want to take still images.
>
> Linux kernel is 2.6.26.3 and we enabled V4L2 and UVC class drivers. On
> plugging the Cam and querying the proc and sys file system, I can able to
> view cam details.
>
> I want to capture the frame (preferably in jpeg) and write to a file. Is
> there any example code for that? I went through the below web page
> http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html, but if you can
> suggest some more example, it will be of great help to me.
>
> Thanks

* Re: Need Info
       [not found]     ` <j2ta64f67eb1004190209g737ce052vd65949295df8d2b3@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-04-19  9:18       ` linux newbie
From: linux newbie @ 2010-04-19  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-media

Hi,

It is observed that Lifecam transfer type is Isochronous and ISP1362
driver does not support this. Is there any driver patch that supports
Isochronous transfer??

Please help me in this regard.
Thanks

>> linux newbie wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > On my embedded PXA255 platform, we have working USB module. ISP1362 is the
>> > controller. Recently we want to integrate Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam
>> > and want to take still images.
>> >
>> > Linux kernel is 2.6.26.3 and we enabled V4L2 and UVC class drivers. On
>> > plugging the Cam and querying the proc and sys file system, I can able to
>> > view cam details.
>> >
>> > I want to capture the frame (preferably in jpeg) and write to a file. Is
>> > there any example code for that? I went through the below web page
>> > http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html, but if you can
>> > suggest some more example, it will be of great help to me.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --

* Re: Need Info
@ 2010-04-21 23:05         ` linux newbie