* [linux-lvm] build for i386, no rule to make target libdevmapper.
@ 2010-08-04 15:38 Riches Jr, RobertX M
From: Riches Jr, RobertX M @ 2010-08-04 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

(New list member...first posting.  I Googled for an answer but did not find anything that appeared relevant.)

I'm running into a problem while trying to build an i386 version of LVM2 version 2.02.72:

        No rule to make target `../libdm/libdevmapper.', needed by `dmsetup'.

I'm running on a 64-bit SuSE machine.  Building without any options works fine.  However, I need to force LVM2 to build for i386 for an embedded environment.  When I add the -build=i386 option to the ./configure command, along with the -with-cluster=internal option that becomes required, I get the above error message.  A check for libdm/libdevmapper. and friends shows a bunch of broken symlinks.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Robert Riches
Azad Consultant at Intel