* OpenLDAP 2.4.21. doesn't create packages
@ 2010-07-01 18:48 Bill Sargent
From: Bill Sargent @ 2010-07-01 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

  Hello,

I'm trying to add the openldap 2.4.21 recipe to my bootable image, and
it doesn't seem to be creating the packages. It installs only the libs
and no binaries (slapd etc..) ... I looked at the recipe and it seems it
should be creating some bin package as well as base etc... but I haven't
seen any in my packages directories.

Can someone explain to me what is wrong? Is there a problem with the
openldap recipe?

Thanks
Bill

* Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.21. doesn't create packages
@ 2010-07-04 13:55 ` Bill Sargent
From: Bill Sargent @ 2010-07-04 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 7/1/2010 8:48 PM, Bill Sargent wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I'm trying to add the openldap 2.4.21 recipe to my bootable image, and
> it doesn't seem to be creating the packages. It installs only the libs
> and no binaries (slapd etc..) ... I looked at the recipe and it seems
> it should be creating some bin package as well as base etc... but I
> haven't seen any in my packages directories.
>
> Can someone explain to me what is wrong? Is there a problem with the
> openldap recipe?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Well I wrote this the other day and as usual, nobody responded. I
finally got it to spit out libldap-2.40*.ipk with the slapd etc...
however, adding

libldap-2.4-slapd
and
libldap-2.4-bin

to my IMAGE_INSTALL variable doesn't seem to work. Can someone explain
to me, the correct way to install a full working openldap server and
utilities into an image?

As much documentation as there is for this, apparently we need a list of
installable packages as well since the filenames don't exactly always
mean that it's a package name thats installable.  If there is one, I've
missed it I think :)

@ 2010-07-04 17:58   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2010-07-04 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Bill Sargent <butters@station51.net> wrote:

> On 7/1/2010 8:48 PM, Bill Sargent wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to add the openldap 2.4.21 recipe to my bootable image, and it
>> doesn't seem to be creating the packages. It installs only the libs and no
>> binaries (slapd etc..) ... I looked at the recipe and it seems it should be
>> creating some bin package as well as base etc... but I haven't seen any in
>> my packages directories.
>>
>> Can someone explain to me what is wrong? Is there a problem with the
>> openldap recipe?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bill
>
> Well I wrote this the other day and as usual, nobody responded. I finally
> got it to spit out libldap-2.40*.ipk with the slapd etc... however, adding
>
> libldap-2.4-slapd
> and
> libldap-2.4-bin
>
> to my IMAGE_INSTALL variable doesn't seem to work. Can someone explain to
> me, the correct way to install a full working openldap server and utilities
> into an image?

suppose your image is console-image then you can add something like
below to your local.conf

IMAGE_INSTALL_append_pn-console-image = " libldap-2.4-slapd libldap-2.4-bin"

@ 2010-07-04 21:31     ` Bill Sargent
From: Bill Sargent @ 2010-07-04 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

  On 7/4/2010 7:58 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

> suppose your image is console-image then you can add something like
> below to your local.conf
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append_pn-console-image = " libldap-2.4-slapd libldap-2.4-bin"

I get this:

ERROR: [/home/bill/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/console-image.bb]
RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
'libldap-2.4-slapd' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES
variables.
NOTE: Runtime target libldap-2.4-slapd  is unbuildable, removing ...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: [libldap-2.4-slapd]
ERROR: Required build target 'console-imageä has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuilding depenency chain was: [console-image,
libldap-2.4-slapd]

I see the packages. I see this specific package. I even erased the
packages, cleared the staging, and rebuilt them and they're back again,
but it still will not incorporate them in to my image.

Is the recipe correct? SHouldnt the  Openldap recipe have a PROVIDES
variable in it saying that it provides these packages?

* Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.21. doesn't create packages
@ 2010-07-05  0:33       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2010-07-05  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Bill Sargent <butters@station51.net> wrote:
>  On 7/4/2010 7:58 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>>
>> suppose your image is console-image then you can add something like
>> below to your local.conf
>>
>> IMAGE_INSTALL_append_pn-console-image = " libldap-2.4-slapd
>> libldap-2.4-bin"
>>

> I get this:
>
> ERROR: [/home/bill/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/console-image.bb]
> RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
> 'libldap-2.4-slapd' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES
> variables.
> NOTE: Runtime target libldap-2.4-slapd  is unbuildable, removing ...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: [libldap-2.4-slapd]
> ERROR: Required build target 'console-imageä has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuilding depenency chain was: [console-image,
> libldap-2.4-slapd]

well I guess you need openldap-slapd instead of libldap-2.4-slapd and
same for other packages

-Khem

* Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.21. doesn't create packages
@ 2010-07-06  9:51         ` Bill Sargent
From: Bill Sargent @ 2010-07-06  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

  On 7/5/2010 2:33 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

> well I guess you need openldap-slapd instead of libldap-2.4-slapd and
> same for other packages
>
> -Khem

No that doesn't work either.

I did however kind of get them installed by using PACKAGE_INSTALL in my
custom recipe. I specified libldap-2.4-slapd and -bin as well as all the
other libldap 2.4 backends. I don't know what the difference is in
INSTALL_IMAGE and PACKAGE_INSTALL ... I had started out by just
modifying console-image and then I used
http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/usermanual.html#commonuse_new_image

to create my own. What I need is an image with PHP, Apache2, LDAP and
MySQL installed. And I had everything going except LDAP. And now even
though I have the packages installed, there are no init scripts for it,
and there are no configs for any of this stuff. I just don't get it.

Bill