* Secondary --exec-path?
@ 2010-07-23 12:56 Joel C. Salomon
From: Joel C. Salomon @ 2010-07-23 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I just downloaded git-subtree, and the installation instructions have me
copying the executable file to `git --exec-path`, i.e., to
/usr/lib/git-core.

I'm looking through the documentation for a possible second location for
these scripts, perhaps somewhere in /usr/local, or in /home/me -- is
there such a path?  I'd rather not step on my distro's toes if I can
help it.

--Joel Salomon

* Re: Secondary --exec-path?
@ 2010-07-23 14:47 ` Tomas Carnecky
From: Tomas Carnecky @ 2010-07-23 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel C. Salomon; +Cc: git

On 7/23/10 2:56 PM, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> I just downloaded git-subtree, and the installation instructions have me
> copying the executable file to `git --exec-path`, i.e., to
> /usr/lib/git-core.
>
> I'm looking through the documentation for a possible second location for
> these scripts, perhaps somewhere in /usr/local, or in /home/me -- is
> there such a path?  I'd rather not step on my distro's toes if I can
> help it.

Put the git-substree script into any path you want (such as $HOME/bin)
and then add that to your $PATH. Or simply drop it to /usr/bin.

tom