* How does dm-raid isw compare to other linux software raid solutions (e.g. mdadm)?
@ 2010-08-06 15:13 tormen
From: tormen @ 2010-08-06 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-devel

 Hi everybody,

It seems that the only way to have Windows and Linux
use the same software RAID would be through dm-raid isw
(for my intel fake hardware raid).
Is this correct or did I miss something?

Are there any (other) advantages using dm-raid isw over
any other linux based software raid solution (e.g. mdadm)?
    E.g. is it faster (speed / throughput)?
    Or more stable?
    Or more powerful?

I tried to google  comparisons of dmraid isw vs. e.g. mdadm
software RAID 0 (stripe), but was not very successful :(

I also wonder why no where on the intel pages they refer to dm-raid isw...
they just mention that there is no linux support.
Only reason I can think of: They don't because dmraid isw is not
developed by them, or ?
I mean they have Linux resources for so many topics. Or did I miss
something?

Thanks a lot for any hint!

tormen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-08-06 15:13 UTC | newest]