* Return the PCIBACK device and script on power_off
@ 2010-09-02  9:00 "涂堂訓(Tang-Hsun Tu)"
From: "涂堂訓(Tang-Hsun Tu)" @ 2010-09-02  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xen Devel

  Dear all:

      There is a script to hide device and bind to pciback driver on the
Xen wiki
and it is usually used for pci passthrough.
I have two questions as follow.

1) But sometimes I want to return these (hidden) device to the original
driver,
     how can I do?

For example, I have a intel audio device which is using "HDA Intel"
driver in original.
I try to echo device to the files under the driver directory, i.e.
new_slot and bind,
but there is no "new_slot" under the directory.
(/sys/bus/pci/drivers/HDA Intel/)

2) When a domain is power_off, can I do any script ?
There are only some options under the domain script, e.g. destroy,
restart, preserve, etc.
I want to return the hidden device after the domain destroy or poweroff.

Best Regards,
Tang-Hsun

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-09-02  9:00 UTC | newest]