* Clarification regarding Bluetooth 3.0 and BD/EDR in BlueZ 5
@ 2017-06-29  1:45 Austin Riffle
From: Austin Riffle @ 2017-06-29  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello

I am looking at using BlueZ 5 as the Bluetooth protocol stack on my platfor=
m. I do not have an exact version number for BlueZ yet as I am still in ver=
y early development. However, I am currently in the process of upgrading ou=
r Linux kernel to 4.12 so I believe I should be able to use the latest and =
greatest BlueZ 5.45 if that helps with my question.

Regarding the information found on the BlueZ website (see: http://www.bluez=
.org/profiles/) that states the lower level host stack supports "Core speci=
fication 4.2. Not (yet) 3.0+HS", what exactly does "Not (yet)" mean?

One device that my platform will be required to interface with is listed as=
 only supporting BD/EDR. Does BlueZ 5 support anything earlier than 4.0? Ad=
ditionally, I do eventually plan on certifying through Bluetooth SIG if it =
makes any difference.

Austin

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messa=
ges attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not th=
e intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the inte=
nded recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, =
review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to t=
his message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission =
in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the ori=
ginal transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them =
to disk. Thank you.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-06-29  1:45 UTC | newest]