* [ANNOUNCE] libnetfilter_conntrack 0.9.0 release
@ 2010-09-08  9:40 Pablo Neira Ayuso
From: Pablo Neira Ayuso @ 2010-09-08  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter; +Cc: netfilter-announce, netfilter-devel, lwn

Hi!

The Netfilter project presents libnetfilter_conntrack-0.9.0

libnetfilter_conntrack is a userspace library providing a programming
interface (API) to the in-kernel connection tracking state table. This
library requires a linux kernel >= 2.6.18.

This release includes two fixes and the infrastructure to generate API
documentation in doxygen format. ChangeLog is also attached for more
details.

You can download it from:

http://www.netfilter.org/projects/libnetfilter_conntrack/
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/libnetfilter_conntrack/

Pablo,
on behalf of the Netfilter Core Team.

[-- Attachment #2: changes-libnetfilter_conntrack-0.9.0.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 304 bytes --]

Pablo Neira Ayuso (5):
      ct: fix regression with helpers for Linux kernel >= 2.6.34
      build: add libtool m4 support
      src: convert documentation from kerneldoc to doxygen format
      ct: fix EINVAL if not TCP attributes are set for Linux kernel <= 2.6.25
      build: bump version to 0.9.0

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] libnetfilter_conntrack 0.9.0 release
@ 2010-09-08 18:17 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2010-09-08 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Neira Ayuso

On Wednesday 2010-09-08 11:40, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

>Hi!
>
>The Netfilter project presents libnetfilter_conntrack-0.9.0
>
>libnetfilter_conntrack is a userspace library providing a programming
>interface (API) to the in-kernel connection tracking state table. This
>library requires a linux kernel >= 2.6.18.
>
>This release includes two fixes and the infrastructure to generate API
>documentation in doxygen format. ChangeLog is also attached for more
>details.
>
>Pablo Neira Ayuso (5):
>      ct: fix regression with helpers for Linux kernel >= 2.6.34
>      build: add libtool m4 support
>      src: convert documentation from kerneldoc to doxygen format

Did you not like the doxygen filter that allows to use kdoc in the .c
files?

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] libnetfilter_conntrack 0.9.0 release
@ 2010-09-09 18:15   ` Pablo Neira Ayuso
From: Pablo Neira Ayuso @ 2010-09-09 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/09/10 20:17, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Wednesday 2010-09-08 11:40, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> The Netfilter project presents libnetfilter_conntrack-0.9.0
>>
>> libnetfilter_conntrack is a userspace library providing a programming
>> interface (API) to the in-kernel connection tracking state table. This
>> library requires a linux kernel >= 2.6.18.
>>
>> This release includes two fixes and the infrastructure to generate API
>> documentation in doxygen format. ChangeLog is also attached for more
>> details.
>>
>> Pablo Neira Ayuso (5):
>>      ct: fix regression with helpers for Linux kernel >= 2.6.34
>>      build: add libtool m4 support
>>      src: convert documentation from kerneldoc to doxygen format
>
> Did you not like the doxygen filter that allows to use kdoc in the .c
> files?

I liked it indeed, actually I used it to transform the current doc to
doxygen. I decided to switch to doxygen for consistency with other
libnetfilter_* libraries.

P.S: I'll check your libnetfilter_conntrack patches tomorrow, thanks!

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] libnetfilter_conntrack 0.9.0 release
@ 2010-09-09 20:59     ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2010-09-09 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 2010-09-09 20:15, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
>>> documentation in doxygen format. ChangeLog is also attached for more
>>> details.
>>>      src: convert documentation from kerneldoc to doxygen format
>>
>> Did you not like the doxygen filter that allows to use kdoc in the .c
>> files?
>
>I liked it indeed, actually I used it to transform the current doc to
>doxygen. I decided to switch to doxygen for consistency with other
>libnetfilter_* libraries.

Hm that certainly wasn't the intended purpose of the filter :-D

It was to proliferate kdoc, because frankly, doxygen with all its
\param, \brief, clutters the actual text flow and starts to look as ugly
as a TeX/HTML document. I guess that is because the formatting codes
actually use plaintext rather than punctuation (just @ and %) only.
kdoc is simple because it does not try to offer all possible
formatting capabilities.