* Problems with the driver
@ 2010-09-26 14:13 Piotr Hosowicz
       [not found] ` <4C9F54F2.1010108-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Piotr Hosowicz @ 2010-09-26 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

Hello,

I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find
attached my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago and
would have to build a new kernel which would also not work. My card is
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400
GT] (rev a1). The things stay the same, never mind how I try.

Please CC me, as I am not in the group.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz
--
Janusz Korwin-Mikke:
"Dyktatury dzielą się na dobre i złe. Demokracja jest zawsze głupia."

[-- Attachment #2: log.txt.bz2 --]
[-- Type: application/x-bzip2, Size: 52828 bytes --]

* Re: Problems with the driver
       [not found] ` <4C9F54F2.1010108-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-09-26 14:37   ` Sven Joachim
From: Sven Joachim @ 2010-09-26 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: public-piotr-aAmyfUXO971Wk0Htik3J/w
  Cc: public-nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW-wOFGN7rlS/M9smdsby/KFg

On 2010-09-26 16:13 +0200, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:

> I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find
> attached my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago
> and would have to build a new kernel which would also not work. My
> card is 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96
> [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1). The things stay the same, never mind how I
> try.
> [...]
> (II) LoadModule: "glx"
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> (II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
> 	compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
> 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
> (II) NVIDIA GLX Module  260.19.06  Mon Sep 13 04:54:41 PDT 2010
> (II) Loading extension GLX

This is the first mistake, please uninstall the NVidia binary driver.

> (II) LoadModule: "nouveau"
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so
> (II) Module nouveau: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
> 	compiled for 1.7.7, module version = 0.0.15
> 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
> 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 6.0
> (II) NOUVEAU driver Date:   Tue Mar 16 13:08:37 2010 +1000

And this is the second, this version does not work with Kernels later
than 2.6.33.  On Debian, install xserver-xorg-video-nouveau from
experimental to fix that.

See also http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/TroubleShooting.

Sven

* Re: Problems with the driver
       [not found] ` <4C9F54F2.1010108-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-09-26 14:46   ` Xavier Chantry
       [not found]     ` <AANLkTi=2ioaP97oNarmPUwLY0vO2JX5=j+WTUDw_bCN9-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Chantry @ 2010-09-26 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: piotr-aAmyfUXO971Wk0Htik3J/w; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

2010/9/26 Piotr Hosowicz <piotr-aAmyfUXO971Wk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>:
> Hello,
>
> I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find attached
> my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago and would have
> to build a new kernel which would also not work. My card is 01:00.0 VGA
> compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1).
> The things stay the same, never mind how I try.
>
> Please CC me, as I am not in the group.

Your Xorg.0.log file shows that NVIDIA proprietary driver is still installed.
Try to uninstall it until you no longer see any mention of NVIDIA in Xorg.0.log

* Re: Problems with the driver
       [not found]     ` <AANLkTi=2ioaP97oNarmPUwLY0vO2JX5=j+WTUDw_bCN9-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-09-26 14:53       ` Piotr Hosowicz
From: Piotr Hosowicz @ 2010-09-26 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Chantry; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

On 26.09.2010 16:46, Xavier Chantry wrote:
> 2010/9/26 Piotr Hosowicz<piotr-aAmyfUXO971Wk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find attached
>> my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago and would have
>> to build a new kernel which would also not work. My card is 01:00.0 VGA
>> compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1).
>> The things stay the same, never mind how I try.
>>
>> Please CC me, as I am not in the group.
>>

> Your Xorg.0.log file shows that NVIDIA proprietary driver is still installed.
> Try to uninstall it until you no longer see any mention of NVIDIA in Xorg.0.log

Ok, I just have deinstalled nvidia stuff, if I had to trust their
installer. So now I have to build the kernel with the driver.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Familiada:
Pytanie: Czym bawią się dzieci w piaskownicy?

* Re: Problems with the driver
       [not found] ` <4C9F54F2.1010108-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-09-26 15:10   ` Marcin Slusarz
       [not found]     ` <20100926151055.GA3284-OI9uyE9O0yo@public.gmane.org>
From: Marcin Slusarz @ 2010-09-26 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piotr Hosowicz; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 04:13:06PM +0200, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find
> attached my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago and
> would have to build a new kernel which would also not work. My card is
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400
> GT] (rev a1). The things stay the same, never mind how I try.

You have 0.0.16 nouveau kernel module, but 0.0.15 libdrm/xf86-video-nouveau.
This is probably your main problem. Upgrade libdrm and xf86-video-nouveau.

Note, you didn't uninstall NVIDIA proprietary driver (Module glx:
endor="NVIDIA Corporation" in xorg.log) which might crash X if wrong
version of some component is installed (don't remember which one, just
uninstall nvidia drivers)

If you resolve these issues and still have problem, simplify your xorg.conf
to contain only:

Section "Device"
Identifier "n"
Driver "nouveau"
EndSection

Almost all above is documented on wiki: http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/TroubleShooting

Marcin

* Re: Problems with the driver
       [not found]     ` <20100926151055.GA3284-OI9uyE9O0yo@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-09-26 15:29       ` Piotr Hosowicz
From: Piotr Hosowicz @ 2010-09-26 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Slusarz; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

On 26.09.2010 17:10, Marcin Slusarz wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 04:13:06PM +0200, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find
>> attached my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago and
>> would have to build a new kernel which would also not work. My card is
>> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400
>> GT] (rev a1). The things stay the same, never mind how I try.
>>

> You have 0.0.16 nouveau kernel module, but 0.0.15 libdrm/xf86-video-nouveau.
> This is probably your main problem. Upgrade libdrm and xf86-video-nouveau.

Ok, I'll try it.

> Note, you didn't uninstall NVIDIA proprietary driver (Module glx:
> endor="NVIDIA Corporation" in xorg.log) which might crash X if wrong
> version of some component is installed (don't remember which one, just
> uninstall nvidia drivers)

Now I did, wish me luck.

> If you resolve these issues and still have problem, simplify your xorg.conf
> to contain only:
>
> Section "Device"
> Identifier "n"
> Driver "nouveau"
> EndSection

Yes, I reduced it already.

> Almost all above is documented on wiki: http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/TroubleShooting

Thanks, I read a bit and it seems that it won't be so simple.

--
"Bardzo fajna firma, tylko czasami nie płaci. Do jej głównych
zalet należą: ekspres ciśnieniowy (ale tylko na jednym z pię-

* Re: Problems with the driver
       [not found]     ` <20100926151055.GA3284-OI9uyE9O0yo@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-09-26 17:10       ` Piotr Hosowicz
From: Piotr Hosowicz @ 2010-09-26 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Slusarz; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

On 26.09.2010 17:10, Marcin Slusarz wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 04:13:06PM +0200, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can build the driver, it loads, but it does not work. Please find
>> attached my local data, sorry for the form, I made it a few days ago and
>> would have to build a new kernel which would also not work. My card is
>> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400
>> GT] (rev a1). The things stay the same, never mind how I try.
>>

> You have 0.0.16 nouveau kernel module, but 0.0.15 libdrm/xf86-video-nouveau.
> This is probably your main problem. Upgrade libdrm and xf86-video-nouveau.
>
> Note, you didn't uninstall NVIDIA proprietary driver (Module glx:
> endor="NVIDIA Corporation" in xorg.log) which might crash X if wrong
> version of some component is installed (don't remember which one, just
> uninstall nvidia drivers)
>
> If you resolve these issues and still have problem, simplify your xorg.conf
> to contain only:
>
> Section "Device"
> Identifier "n"
> Driver "nouveau"
> EndSection
>
> Almost all above is documented on wiki: http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/TroubleShooting

I failed again. :-( Something is not ok with DRM.

--
Z cyklu "Uroki demokracji", czyli pytania i odpowiedzi w teledurniejach:
- Znamy trzy stany skupienia - stały, ciekły i...?