* [Xenomai-help] Serial Driver for PCI Card
@ 2010-10-25 21:19 Peter Warner
From: Peter Warner @ 2010-10-25 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

I have two serial ports in my system one is generic and another one is on
add-on cards(PCI).
I compiled the xenomai serial driver as a module and when I am trying to
load it using the following command:

modprobe xeno_16550A io=0x3f8, 0x2f8 irq=4,3 baud_base=115200,115200

then I am getting the error message unknown symbol in object for more
information type dmesg.  when I am typing dmesg I am getting the message
unknown identifier "io".

Can anyone suggest what are the steps to be taken or to modify the driver
for the extended serial port.  or Else I have the linux driver for it
provided by the vendor Is there any way that it can be made to xenomai
complaint. If it can be done then please suggest what are the steps to be
taken.

Bye Bye

peter

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Serial Driver for PCI Card
@ 2010-10-26 20:43 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2010-10-26 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Warner; +Cc: xenomai

Peter Warner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two serial ports in my system one is generic and another one is
> on add-on cards(PCI).
> I compiled the xenomai serial driver as a module and when I am trying to
> load it using the following command:
>
> modprobe xeno_16550A io=0x3f8, 0x2f8 irq=4,3 baud_base=115200,115200
>
> then I am getting the error message unknown symbol in object for more
> information type dmesg.  when I am typing dmesg I am getting the
> message  unknown identifier "io".
>
> Can anyone suggest what are the steps to be taken or to modify the
> driver for the extended serial port.  or Else I have the linux driver
> for it provided by the vendor Is there any way that it can be made to
> xenomai complaint. If it can be done then please suggest what are the
> steps to be taken.

See:
http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/16550A

And: