* oFono SMS Validity Period and Message Class support
@ 2010-10-29  8:43 Su, Yong
From: Su, Yong @ 2010-10-29  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi, all:

We are using ofono to send sms with validity period and message class in our project.
but by checking source code, it seems ofono doesn't support these requirements.

Current implemntation is the dbus interface "SendMessage" contains "To" and "Text" only.

Does oFono plan to support these extra fields when sending sms?

Thanks.

* RE: oFono SMS Validity Period and Message Class support
@ 2010-10-29 10:09 ` Rajesh.Nagaiah
From: Rajesh.Nagaiah @ 2010-10-29 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

> Hi, all:
>
> We are using ofono to send sms with validity period and
> message class in our project.
> but by checking source code, it seems ofono doesn't support
> these requirements.
>
> Current implemntation is the dbus interface "SendMessage"
> contains "To" and "Text" only.
>
> Does oFono plan to support these extra fields when sending sms?

Right now oFono uses hardcoded Relative validity period of value
167 (24hrs: 12hrs +(167-143)x30mins)for SUBMIT message.

If later supported then the Validity period should be part of the
SMS app settings and the setting changes will trigger the property
change in the org.ofono.MessageManager interface. But currently
Validity Period property is missing in org.ofono.MessageManager
interface. So it doesnt need to be part of the SendMessage dbus
interface ?

Regarding the message class, none of the UE usually gives the a
user setting for message class for outgoing SMS. So oFono uses
unspecified message class and it sets only the encoding type
(GSM 7bit or UCS2) in the DCS byte for the SUBMIT message. For
the SMS DELIVER it decodes the Message class and handles it
accordingly (Note: Class 2 messages are not supported in oFono)

BR,
Rajesh

* Re: oFono SMS Validity Period and Message Class support
@ 2010-10-29 17:20 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2010-10-29 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

On 10/29/2010 03:43 AM, Su, Yong wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> We are using ofono to send sms with validity period and message class in our project.
> but by checking source code, it seems ofono doesn't support these requirements.

oFono does not allow you to set the validity period and simply
hard-codes it (I believe 48 hours).  Unless you have a really good
reason why you want to set the validity period, this isn't likely to change.

Sending SMS messages other than class unspecified makes no sense and
will not be supported.  If you have some extremely specific use case in
mind where this does make sense, please write your own oFono plugin.

> Current implemntation is the dbus interface "SendMessage" contains "To" and "Text" only.
>
> Does oFono plan to support these extra fields when sending sms?

Right now the answer is no.

Regards,
-Denis

* RE: oFono SMS Validity Period and Message Class support
@ 2010-11-01  3:44   ` Su, Yong
From: Su, Yong @ 2010-11-01  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono