* [KORG] Master / hera upgrade & downtime announcement
@ 2010-10-29 20:40 J.H.
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: J.H. @ 2010-10-29 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel

* Re: [kernel.org users] [KORG] Master / hera upgrade & downtime announcement
@ 2010-10-29 21:04 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2010-10-29 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.H.; +Cc: users, linux-kernel

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 13:40 -0700, J.H. wrote:

> I'm expecting to do the upgrade on the 1st itself, likely start time
> will be around Mon Nov  1 19:00:00 UTC 2010, and I'm hoping for the
> entire downtime to take no longer than 2 hours.

And watch Linus release -rc1 on the 31st. We better all sync up quickly!

-- Steve

* Re: [KORG] Master / hera upgrade & downtime announcement
@ 2010-10-30  4:35 ` "Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 "
From: "Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 " @ 2010-10-30  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: space.time.universe, teoenming, zhang_enming

On 10/30/2010 04:40 AM, J.H. wrote:

Noted with thanks.

--
Yours sincerely,

Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Singapore Identity Card No.: S78*6*2*H
Location: Bedok Reservoir Road, Singapore
ZIP: 470103
Mobile Phone (Starhub Pre-paid): +65-8369-2618
Windows Live Messenger: teoenming-at-hotmail.com
My Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/enmingteo
Alma Maters:
[1] Singapore Polytechnic (Graduated 1998)
[2] National University of Singapore (Graduated 2006)
My Open Letter (Plea for Medical Help/Assistance) to World Leaders (Updated 28 August 2010):-
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-August/007811.html
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-August/295952.html
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/msg_f6a341d9623fda17880159b137c07335.xml
Photograph of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 #1:
http://i.imgur.com/M1FNX.jpg
Photograph of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 #2:
http://i51.tinypic.com/11u9irm.jpg
Photograph of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 #3:
http://www.imagevimage.com/images/Singapore_Citizen_Mr._Teo_En_Ming_%28Zhang_Enming%29.jpg
Photograph of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 #4:
http://www.merrypic.com/files/o397beqo7qw8wky5rjno.jpg
Photograph of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 #5:
http://piczasso.com/i/yicuz.jpg
Photograph of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 #6:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1b553b21ae.jpg

* Re: [kernel.org users] [KORG] Master / hera upgrade & downtime announcement
@ 2010-11-01 20:37 ` J.H.
From: J.H. @ 2010-11-01 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel

Hey All,

Just a heads up I'm running a little behind but should be starting shortly.

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Chief Kernel.org Administrator

@ 2010-11-01 22:09   ` J.H.
From: J.H. @ 2010-11-01 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel

Hey All,

Just a heads up the box is back up.  There's a few sundry items that
still need to be dealt with and there might still be another reboot in
the next couple of days but I'll send a separate e-mail if/when that has
to occur.

All in all things look good, and for the most part it went smoothly
(well other than the typical disaster that grub throws at me).

If you see anything amiss, please give me a holler or e-mail
ftpadmin@kernel.org with details.

Again thanks to Google and HP, specifically Chris DiBona and Bdale
Garbee, for the new box.  It is very nice.  If you get a chance cat
/proc/meminfo or cat /proc/cpuinfo - you won't be disappointed.

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley

@ 2010-11-01 23:18     ` J.H.
From: J.H. @ 2010-11-01 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel

Ergh,

Heads up apparently the server lied to me and claimed the drives were
fully in sync, when they were not.

A couple of people have caught that the last sync that occurred
apparently was the 29th.

I'm going to do a full resync of /pub - this will squash anything that
was there with what was present around 1900 UTC on Nov 1st.  Home dirs,
mail, etc are going to have to get dealt with on a per-case basis.

I might just setup an NFS mount across the two machines and let people
snag what they need on their own with respect to that.

Right now I'm working on bringing the old box back up so we can get at
the data.

Just a heads up, stop by #korg on LinuxNet or #kernel.org on Freenode if
you need to corner me on something *NOWish*

Sorry about that, I did double check that stuff was in sync, so I'm not
sure what happened there.

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley

@ 2010-11-02 18:18       ` J.H.
From: J.H. @ 2010-11-02 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel

* Re: [kernel.org users] [KORG] Master / hera upgrade & downtime announcement
@ 2011-01-12 19:04         ` J.H.
From: J.H. @ 2011-01-12 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel