From: Mauro Condarelli <mc5686@mclink.it>
To: Ryan Whelan <rcwhelan@gmail.com>
Cc: bridge@lists.linux-foundation.org
Subject: Re: [Bridge] Transparent wired/wirless bridge: is it possible?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:20:57 +0200	[thread overview]

On 26/10/2010 14.36, Ryan Whelan wrote:
> Have you looked at hostapd (http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/)?
Sorry,
I was not clear enough.

I have the wireless card up-and-running in ap-mode using hostapd.
I *can* connect a laptop to the wireless Access Point.
I also know how to setup a masquerading router on the linux machine to
share the landline connection (e.g.: using firestarter).
This would create a second net for wireless with double natting.
I would like to avoid this and I'm looking for a "bridge" configuration
so that all machines (wireless & wired) can share the same subnet
(192.68.1.0/24).

I tried something like:
=====================
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan2
iface wlan2 inet manual
     up /usr/sbin/service hostapd start
     up /sbin/ifconfig wlan2 up
     down /sbin/ifconfig wlan2 down
     down /usr/sbin/service hostapd stop

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
     up /sbin/ifconfig eth2 up
     down /sbin/ifconfig eth2 down

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
     bridge_ports eth2 wlan2
     bridge_maxwait 0
... but it does not seem to work as hoped.

Thanks in Advance for *ANY* hint ;)

Regards
Mauro