* [NETWORK] Firmware file for tehuti
@ 2010-12-17  7:04 Joe Jin
From: Joe Jin @ 2010-12-17  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Indenbaum, Andy Gospodarek
  Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, Guru Anbalagane, greg.marsden,
	DuanZhenzhong, Joe Jin

Hi,

Regarding firmware for driver tehuti, it request firmware name is
tehuti/firmware.bin,
but from kernel source found no such file but have tehuti/bdx.bin.ihex,
so the firmware
should be bdx.bin rather than firmware.bin?

Thanks,
Joe

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Joe Jin | Team Leader, Software Development | +8610.8278.6295

* Re: [NETWORK] Firmware file for tehuti
@ 2010-12-17 14:04 ` Ben Hutchings
From: Ben Hutchings @ 2010-12-17 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Jin
  Cc: Alexander Indenbaum, Andy Gospodarek, netdev, linux-kernel,
	Guru Anbalagane, greg.marsden, DuanZhenzhong,
	Jaswinder Singh Rajput

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 15:04 +0800, Joe Jin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding firmware for driver tehuti, it request firmware name is
> tehuti/firmware.bin,
> but from kernel source found no such file but have tehuti/bdx.bin.ihex,
> so the firmware
> should be bdx.bin rather than firmware.bin?

Yes it should.  I'm sorry for this mistake.

My first version of the patch to use request_firmware() used
"tehuti/firmware.bin".  I then found Jaswinder's patch at
<http://git.infradead.org/users/jaswinder/firm-jsr-2.6.git?a=commitdiff;h=e41f3e5f8c5110871e376a2566b8eea2932b813b>,
which used the name "tehuti/bdx.bin".  For some reason I changed the
name of the firmware file in my patch to match that, but not the code.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

* Re: [NETWORK] Firmware file for tehuti
@ 2010-12-18  0:09   ` Joe Jin
From: Joe Jin @ 2010-12-18  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Hutchings
  Cc: Alexander Indenbaum, Andy Gospodarek, netdev, linux-kernel,
	Guru Anbalagane, greg.marsden, DuanZhenzhong,
	Jaswinder Singh Rajput

> My first version of the patch to use request_firmware() used
> "tehuti/firmware.bin".  I then found Jaswinder's patch at
> <http://git.infradead.org/users/jaswinder/firm-jsr-2.6.git?a=commitdiff;h=e41f3e5f8c5110871e376a2566b8eea2932b813b>,
> which used the name "tehuti/bdx.bin".  For some reason I changed the
> name of the firmware file in my patch to match that, but not the code.

Thanks for the confirmation.