* Ideas for yoctoproject.org improvements
@ 2010-12-21 19:01 Stewart, David C
From: Stewart, David C @ 2010-12-21 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello Yocto Project -

I was asked yesterday what kinds of things we might do to improve the project website, http://www.yoctoproject.org - I have a few opinions on the subject, but I thought I would put the question to you.

Where can we do better? What kinds of frustrations did you have with the site when you first got involved with the project? How could it improve the experience of people becoming familiar with the project?

If you want to use this email thread, that would be great. Or if you prefer to file issues in bugzilla.yoctoproject.org, that would be great too.

Thanks!

Dave

* Re: Ideas for yoctoproject.org improvements
@ 2010-12-22  9:32 ` Christophe Aeschlimann
From: Christophe Aeschlimann @ 2010-12-22  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stewart, David C; +Cc: yocto

Hi,

On 21.12.2010 20:01, Stewart, David C wrote:
> Hello Yocto Project –
>

> I was asked yesterday what kinds of things we might do to improve the
> project website, http://www.yoctoproject.org – I have a few opinions on
> the subject, but I thought I would put the question to you.
>

> Where can we do better? What kinds of frustrations did you have with the
> site when you first got involved with the project? How could it improve
> the experience of people becoming familiar with the project?

I've just started looking at Yocto, but I have been following
OpenEmbedded progress for two years now. So I don't have any comment yet
on the yoctoproject website content but I noticed that :

https://www.yoctoproject.org/

Leads to a broken, default, mailman page. Maybe this can be fixed ?

> If you want to use this email thread, that would be great. Or if you
> prefer to file issues in bugzilla.yoctoproject.org, that would be great too.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave

Best Regards,

--
Christophe Aeschlimann

Embedded Software Engineer

ACN Advanced Communications Networks S.A.

Rue du Puits-Godet 8a
2000 Neuchâtel, Switzerland

Tél. +41 32 724 74 31

c.aeschlimann@acn-group.ch

* Re: Ideas for yoctoproject.org improvements
@ 2010-12-22 16:28   ` Stewart, David C
>I've just started looking at Yocto, but I have been following
>OpenEmbedded progress for two years now. So I don't have any comment yet
>on the yoctoproject website content but I noticed that :
>
>https://www.yoctoproject.org/
>
>Leads to a broken, default, mailman page. Maybe this can be fixed ?

Great catch - thanks!