* Changes to the autobuilder.
@ 2011-01-08 23:21 Flanagan, Elizabeth
From: Flanagan, Elizabeth @ 2011-01-08 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I've made a few changes to the autobuilder that people should know about. Currently, we've been utilizing the milestone builders to split the nightly to both the internal and external builders in order to speed things up. I've renamed them to nightly-internal* and nightly-external*. They were putting their build output to the milestone directory on the webserver. This was incorrect behavior. I've changed this to make the build output go out to the nightly directory of the webserver: http://autobuilder.pokylinux.org/nightly.

The big change is to how we deal with emenlow, atom-pc, beagleboard, etc. These are now found under the machines/<machine_name>/<arch> directory in the build output web directory. I'll need to eventually refactor some of the autobuilder scripts to deal with BSPs a little more elegantly, but it's functional for now and we have a standard to adhere to.

Also, be aware that we now have a functional CURRENT link, so if you go to the autobuilder/nightly/CURRENT directory this will point to the last thing the autobuilder built. Keep in mind, it will create that link even if the build is broken.
I'll have a commit with all of this in it when I finish up the upgrade to 0.8.3.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-b

* Re: Changes to the autobuilder.
@ 2011-01-10  1:25 ` Xu, Jiajun
From: Xu, Jiajun @ 2011-01-10  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flanagan, Elizabeth, yocto

> I've made a few changes to the autobuilder that people should know about.
> Currently, we've been utilizing the milestone builders to split the
> nightly to both the internal and external builders in order to speed
> things up. I've renamed them to nightly-internal* and
> nightly-external*. They were putting their build output to the
> milestone directory on the webserver. This was incorrect behavior.
> I've changed this to make the build output go out to the nightly directory of the webserver: http://autobuilder.pokylinux.org/nightly.
>
> The big change is to how we deal with emenlow, atom-pc, beagleboard, etc.
> These are now found under the machines/<machine_name>/<arch> directory
> in the build output web directory. I'll need to eventually refactor
> some of the autobuilder scripts to deal with BSPs a little more
> elegantly, but it's functional for now and we have a standard to adhere to.
>
> Also, be aware that we now have a functional CURRENT link, so if you
> go to the autobuilder/nightly/CURRENT directory this will point to the
> last thing the autobuilder built. Keep in mind, it will create that link even if the build is broken.
> I'll have a commit with all of this in it when I finish up the upgrade to 0.8.3.
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hi Beth,
We found there is no kernel image for QEMU target with latest nightly, http://autobuilder.pokylinux.org/nightly/20110108-1/qemu/. Could you help to have a check? And nightly-internal does not start last week.

> -b

Best Regards,
Jiajun

* Re: Changes to the autobuilder.
@ 2011-01-10 17:27   ` Elizabeth Flanagan
From: Elizabeth Flanagan @ 2011-01-10 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu, Jiajun; +Cc: yocto

I see that and I think I know what is going on. I should have a fix for
this today.

-b

@ 2011-01-10 21:30     ` Elizabeth Flanagan
From: Elizabeth Flanagan @ 2011-01-10 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, Xu, Jiajun

The answer to this, is that the nightly-*-incrementals were copying
their output to the webserver nightly (which updated CURRENT). As there
was a change to the incrementals on Friday that broke kernel deploy, the
kernel didn't get copied. That is now fixed.

You should look at: http://autobuilder.pokylinux.org/nightly/20110107-1
as this is the actual nightly. I'm fixing the incrementals right now, so
that they won't copy over their output and so they do a bitbake
virtual/kernel -f -c deploy, which will fix the incremental sanity test
breakage.
-b

That is corrected.

@ 2011-01-13  0:10   ` Elizabeth Flanagan
From: Elizabeth Flanagan @ 2011-01-13  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart; +Cc: yocto

On 01/12/2011 03:49 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On 01/08/2011 03:21 PM, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
>> I've made a few changes to the autobuilder that people should know
>> about. Currently, we've been utilizing the milestone builders to split
>> the nightly to both the internal and external builders in order to
>> speed things up. I've renamed them to nightly-internal* and
>> nightly-external*. They were putting their build output to the
>> milestone directory on the webserver. This was incorrect behavior.
>> I've changed this to make the build output go out to the nightly
>> directory of the webserver: http://autobuilder.pokylinux.org/nightly.
>>
>> The big change is to how we deal with emenlow, atom-pc, beagleboard,
>> etc. These are now found under the machines/<machine_name>/<arch>
>
> once you've descended into machine_name, "arch" seems superfluous. Won't
> it be the only directory? Would it make more sense as:
>
> machines/arch/machine_name ?
>
> machines
>    x86
>      qemux86
>      atom-pc
>    x86_64
>      qemux86-64
>    arm
>      beagleboard
>      beagleboard_xm
>
> Something like that?

I agree, it does seem odd, but since there was a standard already in
place (for historical reasons, I'm sure) with emenlow and atom-pc of
<machine>/<arch>/ I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up anyone's
expectations of where they should find something. I agree though, your
directory structure makes more sense we can and should definitely
revisit it. I just wanted to get the new boards out of /qemu.

-b

@ 2011-01-12 23:49 ` Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2011-01-12 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flanagan, Elizabeth; +Cc: yocto

On 01/08/2011 03:21 PM, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
> I've made a few changes to the autobuilder that people should know
> about. Currently, we've been utilizing the milestone builders to split
> the nightly to both the internal and external builders in order to
> speed things up. I've renamed them to nightly-internal* and
> nightly-external*. They were putting their build output to the
> milestone directory on the webserver. This was incorrect behavior.
> I've changed this to make the build output go out to the nightly
> directory of the webserver: http://autobuilder.pokylinux.org/nightly.
>
> The big change is to how we deal with emenlow, atom-pc, beagleboard,
> etc. These are now found under the machines/<machine_name>/<arch>

once you've descended into machine_name, "arch" seems superfluous. Won't
it be the only directory? Would it make more sense as:

machines/arch/machine_name ?

machines
   x86
     qemux86
     atom-pc
   x86_64
     qemux86-64
   arm
     beagleboard
     beagleboard_xm

Something like that?

--
Darren

> directory in the build output web directory. I'll need to eventually
> refactor some of the autobuilder scripts to deal with BSPs a little
> more elegantly, but it's functional for now and we have a standard to
> adhere to.
>
> Also, be aware that we now have a functional CURRENT link, so if you
> go to the autobuilder/nightly/CURRENT directory this will point to the
> last thing the autobuilder built. Keep in mind, it will create that
> link even if the build is broken.  I'll have a commit with all of this
> in it when I finish up the upgrade to 0.8.3.
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
>
> -b

Darren Hart
Yocto Linux Kernel