* Last call for forgotten tools patches for Xen 4.1
@ 2011-01-06 17:53 Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2011-01-06 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

We had a bit of a backlog of patches for the xen-unstable.hg tools
tree.  I think I have applied everything that was outstanding and
ready for immediate application.

If you submitted a tools (including libxc, libxl, xend) patch and it
hasn't been responded to, please let us know ASAP by posting again
here on the list.

Gianni, I'm about to reply to your domain_create series.

Ian.

* Re: Last call for forgotten tools patches for Xen 4.1
@ 2011-01-12 23:07 ` Jim Fehlig
From: Jim Fehlig @ 2011-01-12 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Jackson; +Cc: Chun Yan Liu, xen-devel

Ian Jackson wrote:
> We had a bit of a backlog of patches for the xen-unstable.hg tools
> tree.  I think I have applied everything that was outstanding and
> ready for immediate application.
>
> If you submitted a tools (including libxc, libxl, xend) patch and it
> hasn't been responded to, please let us know ASAP by posting again
> here on the list.

Sorry for the delay, but I just noticed this tools patch submitted by
Chun Yan back in November

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-11/msg01559.html

Regards,
Jim

* Re: Last call for forgotten tools patches for Xen 4.1
@ 2011-01-13 11:43   ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2011-01-13 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Fehlig; +Cc: Chun Yan Liu, xen-devel

Jim Fehlig writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Last call for forgotten tools patches for Xen 4.1"):
> Sorry for the delay, but I just noticed this tools patch submitted by
> Chun Yan back in November
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-11/msg01559.html

Thanks.  I replied to that but there was no updated patch.

Now that I look at the patch again I see some other problems:
 * It closes the fd onto the file after locking it with flock (!)
 * On success it unlinks the lock file after locking it (!!)
 * The error return value is wrong (or perhaps it was wrong before).
It is evident that this patch cannot have been properly tested since
it won't actually provide mutual exclusion in its current form.

I think we should look at this again after the 4.1 release.

@ 2011-01-13 15:48     ` Jim Fehlig
From: Jim Fehlig @ 2011-01-13 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chun Yan Liu; +Cc: xen-devel, Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson wrote:
> Jim Fehlig writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Last call for forgotten tools patches for Xen 4.1"):
>
>> Sorry for the delay, but I just noticed this tools patch submitted by
>> Chun Yan back in November
>>
>> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-11/msg01559.html
>>

> Thanks.  I replied to that but there was no updated patch.

Opps, I thought Chunyan had sent an updated patch but perhaps have
confused this with her qemu keysym patches.

> Now that I look at the patch again I see some other problems:
>  * It closes the fd onto the file after locking it with flock (!)
>  * On success it unlinks the lock file after locking it (!!)
>  * The error return value is wrong (or perhaps it was wrong before).

Err, right.  And there was no follow-up as I assumed.  Chunyan, can you
address Ian's comments and submit an updated patch?

Thanks,
Jim